Masterchef Australia the new one starts today

m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
Forum Member
✭✭
MasterChef Australia TONIGHT 7.30! The quest for Australia's next MasterChef begins. The Top 50 will be revealed and immediately put through their paces with an Aussie BBQ challenge. The five weakest will be out! Are you excited? http://www.masterchef.com.au/

Comments

• kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am excited do you know when this will air on uk telly as i really enjoyed the first series on watch recently !

Ken
  • m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i cant imagine it will be on uk tv for at least 3 months ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched number one......dont panic im not going to spoil anything.........lets just call episode 1 emotional.....50 down to 45.......and just what the uk version needs.....something new in the first rounds.......andmattprestondoesstilllooklikeadick.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw ep 1. Golly, it's different isn't it?
    It's bold, it's loud. But I like it.
    Not too sure about the judges. They make John and Greg look like masters of refinement and class.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its diff to the uk version......and i like it as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Please can someone let me know what channel this is on and how often it's on?
    Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on Network 10 in Australia. It's on for six nights a week.
    If you want to see it here in Europe, you'll either have to wait or find a way to acquire it by other means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well number 2 out of the way.....first 2 into the top 24....some good cooking going on as they cook the "sig" dish.....and for the first time they get to judge.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an amazing second episode. Great cooking and judging. I''m starting to warm to the judges, even the flamboyant one.
    Compared to the UK version it's more upbeat. More of a celebration of food and cooking. Don't get me wrong, it's perhaps even more competitive, but with a lighter tone.
    Editing could be better.
    Too revealing about what's to come. There was only one surprise.
    Can't wait for tonight's episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    That was an amazing second episode. Great cooking and judging. I''m starting to warm to the judges, even the flamboyant one.
    Compared to the UK version it's more upbeat. More of a celebration of food and cooking. Don't get me wrong, it's perhaps even more competitive, but with a lighter tone.
    Editing could be better.
    Too revealing about what's to come. There was only one surprise.
    Can't wait for tonight's episode.

well said
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just had number 3......lets talk pressure....the bottom 10 from yesterdays 45 get to go to local farms to get fresh produce and have a cook off with the bottom 6 going home.....some cant take the pressure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished the third course and the show is going from strength to strength. This is quickly becoming my favourite cooking show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i have been following masterchef new zealand as well....been teasing myself with episode 12.....i recommend this series to anyone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    masterchef nz......semi final.....tears b4 bedtime....final next week and the crockenbush is being shown in the preview....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    number 4 done......this is getting better and better.....more tension, fun, brighter, better judges, great guests,.....i will go on at a later date. but this show is so far in front of the uk original version that it can be called a diff show all bar the name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as for me going on about how good this prog is.....its unfiar of me not to post a link where you could search for masterchef and get the chance to see for yourself.... http://stagevu.com/index
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    want to know how to bbq a steak.....catch number 5 and get the master class
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started on the New Zealand version and I must say I like it even better than the Australian one. Less high fives and über-enthousiasm. More concise.
    Simon Gault is the spitting image of my uncle Koen. And for some reason I feel the urge to shout onehundredandeeeeiiiiighteeeee :D.

Episode 4 of the Oz version was another great show.
    I just wonder if they can keep raising the bar for the shows to follow.

m1pnk is right. This show is so far ahead of ít's UK counterpart, it's hard to compare the two. Only the name is the same. UK Masterchef is cozy 70's, Oz Masterchef 21st century.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so we are down to the meaty 24......the fun starts now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,011
    Forum Member
    m1pnk wrote: »
    so we are down to the meaty 24......the fun starts now

I have been "acquiring" it for hours now and it still wont be done for another hour and a half at least!!! Grrr!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are messing around with the order of elimination.
    After the first two got through, we see three leaving.
    Amongst them Graham wearing a red shirt and sporting a grey beard.
    Next up up is Dominic and who do we see in the background? Graham.
    Who we just saw leaving the building!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think its called artistic licence breppo......but well spotted......keep going monkey its worth it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,011
    Forum Member
    This show is just amazing!!! All my faves into the top 24 and I am actually looking forward to work tomorrow as it means a new episode waiting for me when I get in!!!

My family are dying to see this so shall be sending it off to them in the morning to share the MasterChef love!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m1pnk wrote: »
    i think its called artistic licence breppo......but well spotted......keep going monkey its worth it

Normally I'm not the one to spot things like that, but after the emotional farewell I couldn't help noticing.
    As long as they don't fiddle the results - like the Beeb did with The Restaurant series 3 - I don't mind.

Anyway, it was another cracking episode with loads of drama, tension, good and very bad cooking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is funny.....derek a show reject.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QzD-fYejw