What happened to the orange tmobile 3G share?

Comments

• paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3G network share was planned for 1st week in May. Just heard it's been postponed.

This is getting ridiculous. The orange network is now a pile of. We need more masts and capacity pronto.
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3G network share was planned for 1st week in May. Just heard it's been postponed.
    Are you aware of a new timetable for the launch yet?
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would a phone stick itself into Orange T-Mobile mode in a full Orange signal area?

Have they started closing down masts already?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I am having problems with orange mobile internet i have Edge connection from a mast only maybe half a mile across ground get full bar signal but at times i don't even get the E symbols with no data symbol i only get this problem from this mast but i know of maybe 5 friends of mine with same problem and i know of 1 person in another village/town using from edge with same problem so not sure how big a problem this is i go to another town and just get gprs connection fine it's been like this for a month i have been messaging orange helpers through Facebook this is being looked into but i have been querying them on the 3G share thing it is still on course to start soon apparently not sure how it is going to work with an orange mast really close if they share from Tmobile/ 3 masts the only 3G mast is 3 which is i would say 4 miles plus i have another Tmobile mast about same distance away no 3 on that mast on the same mast is orange neither are 3G unless they put cells to share 3G on the mast near me i can't see me getting 3G i only get 2 bars on Tmobile and can harldy get it in are farm house dunno time will tell.
  • ram jamram jam Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I am having problems with orange mobile internet i have Edge connection from a mast only maybe half a mile across ground get full bar signal but at times i don't even get the E symbols with no data symbol i only get this problem from this mast but i know of maybe 5 friends of mine with same problem and i know of 1 person in another village/town using from edge with same problem so not sure how big a problem this is i go to another town and just get gprs connection fine it's been like this for a month i have been messaging orange helpers through Facebook this is being looked into but i have been querying them on the 3G share thing it is still on course to start soon apparently not sure how it is going to work with an orange mast really close if they share from Tmobile/ 3 masts the only 3G mast is 3 which is i would say 4 miles plus i have another Tmobile mast about same distance away no 3 on that mast on the same mast is orange neither are 3G unless they put cells to share 3G on the mast near me i can't see me getting 3G i only get 2 bars on Tmobile and can harldy get it in are farm house dunno time will tell.

Too hard to follow with no punctuation.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ram jam wrote: »
    Too hard to follow with no punctuation.

no kidding!
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    DXRulz wrote: »
    Why would a phone stick itself into Orange T-Mobile mode in a full Orange signal area?

Have they started closing down masts already?

2 possible reasons. Local mast is down for work, or your phone is on manual network selection :)
    Forum Member
    Are you aware of a new timetable for the launch yet?

No, I'm afraid not.
    Forum Member
    sorry was a long post, My local mast is not down as it works some times not others could be no connection anytime of day it's suppose to being looked into by Orange this has gone on a month now, when i don't get Edge connection i just get the wine glass shaped symbol no data symbol but still get full bar signal, My phone is on automatic selection.
    Forum Member
    sorry thouht you were refering to my post, I was messaging Orange helpers through Facebook and they say the 3G share thing is still on course they say it's a rumour that it's posponed although you do wonder how much orange CS and Orange Helpers know, but you would of thought someone must know :confused:
    Forum Member
    sorry thouht you were refering to my post, I was messaging Orange helpers through Facebook and they say the 3G share thing is still on course they say it's a rumour that it's posponed although you do wonder how much orange CS and Orange Helpers know, but you would of thought someone must know :confused:

I'm telling you, it's been postponed.
    Forum Member
    I'm telling you, it's been postponed.

so are orange CS and Orange helpers just fobbing people off or what or doesn't anyone at orange no anything either ?

Any ideas howw the 3g share will work ?

im over 4 miles away from my nearest T mobile mast there is 3 on the same mast 3g but according to ofcoms site finder the T mobile cells are only gsm altough now i do a Network search i do get Orange - T mobile 3g as a network but i can't log on to it i can only pick this up out doors so not very strong clearly,

There is an Orange mast less than half a mile away from me i get good signal from it but been suffering with internet last month, This mast is a big one it is 34 meters tall propper tower would they fit 3g to it do you think ?
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have asked several people in Business customer service and they insist that the 3 g share is happening in the next couple of weeks.
    Forum Member
    OK.... don't shoot the messenger ;)
    Forum Member
    Maybe they are still ironing out problems with the 2g share but they should be truthfull about what is happening !

I am using Edge connection there's been problems with that since beging of march it's not just the mast near me as a friend is having same problem using from another Edge mast the connection is intermittent all day long at times there is not even E symbol or Data symbol either Orange knows about this but nothing has happened for a whole month :(
  • steffanglsteffangl Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I am also eager for the 3G merger to happen.

At the moment I am getting truly terrible 3G data speeds on Orange - sometimes there is no data throughput at all, despite having a full 3G signal. This happens in multiple areas and on multiple devices so sounds like a general congestion issue to me.

Just done a iPhone Speedtest.com test - 8kbps down, ping 687ms.

I've heard T-Mobile speeds are, on the whole, quite good. Hopefully that won't change too much when lots of Orange users start locking their phones to T-Mobile signal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    It appears that the process has started as there have been adverts on sky tonight.

I have just joined T-Mobile this weekend via a 30 day rolling contract and the signals so far are excellent. I was an existing orange customer and the signal was excellent also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tmobile looks like it has a better network. anyway the share is supposed to be happening by the end of this month but not much has been broadcasted yet :(

some dongles have been given access to the tmo network on 2g, 3g for phones should come soon :)
    Forum Member
    it appears that 3g share when rolled out will be done in stages of areas does anyone know what what areas and when ?
    Forum Member
    Orange broadband dongles and iPad sims have their data traffic routed through T-Mobiles backhaul and have done for some time now.

3G share will be rolled out in one go, as it's a network configuration, AFAIK. However, like I've said a thousand times already, it's not happening yet. It's been delayed. :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orange broadband dongles and iPad sims have their data traffic routed through T-Mobiles backhaul and have done for some time now.

3G share will be rolled out in one go, as it's a network configuration, AFAIK. However, like I've said a thousand times already, it's not happening yet. It's been delayed. :yawn:

It looks like T-mobile are getting shafted in the "merger"
  • huwdwhuwdw Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like T-mobile are getting shafted in the "merger"

I actually think three are getting shafted the most and they aren't even part of the merger!
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    huwdw wrote: »
    I actually think three are getting shafted the most and they aren't even part of the merger!
    They are part of the MBNL which EE are also taking part in, so they will get use of the merged networks, same as MVNOs such as Virgin will when it's done, so they're not losing out.
  • unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So to clarify, I am on Orange, once this is complete will I be able to roam on 3 for 3G? They are the best for coverage around here.
  • interactiv-ukinteractiv-uk Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unklesam wrote: »
    So to clarify, I am on Orange, once this is complete will I be able to roam on 3 for 3G? They are the best for coverage around here.

Once the networks have merged you will able to use all the MBNL shared sites. 3 do, however, have some sites that are not shared with T-Mobile which were added for extra capacity. You won't be able to roam onto these.
This discussion has been closed.