The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 54)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
meeeekatt wrote: »
Im a wee bit concerned about this IIH. I watched it this morning to get a feel of the programme ,and there was a fair bit of serious debating going on.

Im not saying Matt is daft or anything, but he does spend a lot of time wrapped up in his own musical world, and has said himself that he has no interest in politics.

I would far prefer to have seen him do a musical performance on Loose Women.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1740390

Comments

• superseasquirtsuperseasquirt Posts: 1,240
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Oooooooooh! Didn't expect that! We haven't even suggested a new name.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,418
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      New house! :D:D:D
      How about "The Fire Tour Watch" :D:cool:

thanks for those links super

I'll drop a few here as can't bring them over..
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDu_5t-ob9o&feature=colike
      For Every Heartbreak live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo9TuYYm3Tc&feature=colike
      The Fire live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxzXhPATkgk&feature=colike
      Anyone Else...live :D:D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Ooh new house :)
    • tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
      Forum Member
      Meeek I agree with you re The wright stuff for the reasons you've mentioned but also because wasn't Mathew Wright very rude about Matt at one point?
    • outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
      Forum Member
      Just in the middle of writing a message now i have lost my train of thought::eek:
      Basically i dont care what he next single is as long as it gets major airplay ..but unfortunately i dont think thats going to happen:(
      Really hoping that silver screen can put one of his songs on a advert background thats really helped the lumineers to sell there album ..and it really gave rebecca album a boast with the coffee advert
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Just in the middle of writing a message now i have lost my train of thought::eek:
      Basically i dont care what he next single is as long as it gets major airplay ..but unfortunately i dont think thats going to happen:(
      Really hoping that silver screen can put one of his songs on a advert background thats really helped the lumineers to sell there album ..and it really gave rebecca album a boast with the coffee advert

Hi oot!! How u doing medear? Enjoying the sunshine :p:cry::D
      Forum Member
      foxylox wrote: »
      Hi oot!! How u doing medear? Enjoying the sunshine :p:cry::D
      Lol i was just boasting about that because nothing much else to look forward to here ..general strikes today and tom ..but i least we can all go to the beach..27 degrees today jelly or what?..
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Lol i was just boasting about that because nothing much else to look forward to here ..general strikes today and tom ..but i least we can all go to the beach..27 degrees today jelly or what?..

Just a little! Cos we only have wind & cold to look forward to here...:cry: I'm even in agony with a crick in my neck from the wind all day..can you imagine that :eek::eek:

loving the live YTs!! Were your top 5 in the final countdown??
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Meeek I agree with you re The wright stuff for the reasons you've mentioned but also because wasn't Mathew Wright very rude about Matt at one point?

I wouldn't say The Wright Stuff is very political more current affairs and topical news!! each panel member reads out interesting articles in the daily papers etc. He'll get to plug the Album " the lead singer from scouting for girls was on today"

With regard to Matthew Wright don't no if he was rude about Matt but or not? but i'm quite sure Matt will win him over lol.

The money he earns from public appearances regardless of what it is must be pretty decent, I remember a few years back there was an article in my local paper regarding Olly Murs who switched on the Christmas lights in my local town and the fee was 5 figures:eek:

With regards to the list of favourite songs i take with a pinch of salt because quite honestly i'm enjoying all of the songs equally ( not including FTEISYF and the acoustic IOL)
    • sorlosorlo Posts: 621
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      meeeekatt wrote:
      Im a wee bit concerned about this IIH. I watched it this morning to get a feel of the programme ,and there was a fair bit of serious debating going on.

Im not saying Matt is daft or anything, but he does spend a lot of time wrapped up in his own musical world, and has said himself that he has no interest in politics.

I would far prefer to have seen him do a musical performance on Loose Women.
      Yeah. Do you remember The 10 o'Clock Live? It was not enjoyable to watch. But I think damn C4 also bait & switched on the topic matter.

If his team is able to book him on This Morning, I see no reasons they can't get a spot on Loose Women, so I think there is a high chance he'll be on it in the future.
    • tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
      Forum Member
      sorlo wrote: »
      Yeah. Do you remember The 10 o'Clock Live? It was not enjoyable to watch. But I think damn C4 also bait & switched on the topic matter.

If his team is able to book him on This Morning, I see no reasons they can't get a spot on Loose Women, so I think there is a high chance he'll be on it in the future.

I agree with this. I think it could be that they are spreading the promo out a bit. If only he could get a good evening slot to perform on.
      Forum Member
      foxylox wrote: »
      Just a little! Cos we only have wind & cold to look forward to here...:cry: I'm even in agony with a crick in my neck from the wind all day..can you imagine that :eek::eek:

loving the live YTs!! Were your top 5 in the final countdown??
      Well my three favourites are
      FEH ..just reminds me of 7s with the stong vocals and that country folk vibe
      Fire ..i just like the angst on this song ..i am always singing the chorus at full volume
      Your somebody..love the way he goes from full out voice to soft voice..best lyrics on the album
      I think my other two were AE and empire ..but like anywhere else a lot there are all good to be honest ..just not digging the slow songs as much this time i think thats because the uptempo nos are so good :D:D
      Need to watch the live YT ..i dont really mind if my favourites are not the top were not the top votes on letters either:o:o
    • gaylew1gaylew1 Posts: 246
      Forum Member
      I used to watch the Wright stuff quite a lot when I wasn't working. I really enjoyed some of the discussion topics. It seems to be on for longer now and have a slightly different format. I think that Matt will be primed beforehand of the topics so hopefully he will have lots to say. Just hope it stays uncontraversial.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Sorry foxy, has to pop out lol but I see some vids have been put up:) This is my fav YT of The Fire live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gweYNwpq45w&feature=channel&list=UL

My fav Lately as it won the poll:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDtH3iCwgM&feature=channel&list=UL
    • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
      Forum Member

That's exactly what I was thinking of :/
      Forum Member
      gaylew1 wrote: »
      I used to watch the Wright stuff quite a lot when I wasn't working. I really enjoyed some of the discussion topics. It seems to be on for longer now and have a slightly different format. I think that Matt will be primed beforehand of the topics so hopefully he will have lots to say. Just hope it stays uncontraversial.
      Its going to be about the X factor and music i would of thought
      If i remember on the other dicussion program he was trying to get his point across that not all reality show act come from no-where and many have worked hard in music for years and are just looking for a break ..he got drowned out:eek:
      When Matt is relaxed he comes across very well when he's not he does too much ..umms..i hope will has been giving lessons;)
    • moomin123moomin123 Posts: 2,165
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Its going to be about the X factor and music i would of thought
      If i remember on the other dicussion program he was trying to get his point across that not all reality show act come from no-where and many have worked hard in music for years and are just looking for a break ..he got drowned out:eek:
      When Matt is relaxed he comes across very well when he's not he does too much ..umms..i hope will has been giving lessons;)

Not necessarily - they don't usually tie in the subjects with the guests - it's just what's in the news on the day. Hopefully Matt won't be late and arrives in good time to get a good briefing - it's probably too much to hope that he would have watched an episode so he has some clue what he's got himself into? Saying that the show's usually very good natured to its guests - and the other panelists will take over if Matt hasn't got much to say.
      Forum Member
      moomin123 wrote: »
      Not necessarily - they don't usually tie in the subjects with the guests - it's just what's in the news on the day. Hopefully Matt won't be late and arrives in good time to get a good briefing - it's probably too much to hope that he would have watched an episode so he has some clue what he's got himself into? Saying that the show's usually very good natured to its guests - and the other panelists will take over if Matt hasn't got much to say.
      I am laughing at the fact that will has probally got him this booking ..i presume ..and Matt has said no probs..watching an episode is probally to much to ask ..dont supose he has watched any tv in the last Six months:eek:
      But lets not forget Matt is a public schoolboy..as many like to point out .i have faith:p:p:p
    • gaylew1gaylew1 Posts: 246
      Forum Member
      Matt Cardle ‏@matt_cardle_uk
      Off for a night out with @willtalbot1 This one should be a goody!! Xx

Good luck @lawsonofficial !! You got an amazing crowd out here : ) xx

Looks like they went to see Lawson tonight at Koko
    • moomin123moomin123 Posts: 2,165
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Originally Posted by Linseyap
      Final results peeps Votes have been counted and verified and the official DS favourite order of songs on The Fire with their vote count is as follows:

Lately 74
      Anyone Else 73
      Water 72
      Empire 68
      The Fire 37
      Your Somebody 32
      For Every Heartbreak 31
      All That Matters = Millionaire 21
      It's Only Love 16
      Anywhere 15
      Hanging From Your Heartstrings 12
      First Time Ever I Saw Your Face 1

Top 3 with one vote between them! Much closer than Letters.

Thanks for compiling this Linsey :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Off for a night out with @willtalbot1 This one should be a goody!! Xx

Good luck @lawsonofficial !! You got an amazing crowd out here : ) xx

Looks like they went to see Lawson tonight at Koko

Yep:D There are loads of tweets on Matt's timeline from people there tonight.

Boys.... That was SOOOOO good!! @lawsonofficial !! Honestly an awesome awesome gig!! Xx
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Well my three favourites are
      FEH ..just reminds me of 7s with the stong vocals and that country folk vibe
      Fire ..i just like the angst on this song ..i am always singing the chorus at full volume
      Your somebody..love the way he goes from full out voice to soft voice..best lyrics on the album
      I think my other two were AE and empire ..but like anywhere else a lot there are all good to be honest ..just not digging the slow songs as much this time i think thats because the uptempo nos are so good :D
      Need to watch the live YT ..i dont really mind if my favourites are not the top were not the top votes on letters either:o:o

Interesting :D

Well I've been inhaling The Fire the past few days only, I know I know, I've been late in buying it :o

My current faves are:

Empire: It's going to be a long time love affair between me & this song :) Adore it...
      All That Matters: Ah I just adore this....since I heard it in Highbarn back in July it really resonated, I think it's special & gorgeous & emotional & simple & & I could go on ..:o:D
      Lately: Epic! I love the chorus, the lead in is actually a little slow IMO, but once it gets going it really kicks arse! :)
      Anyone Else..I actually replayed it 3 times in the car yesterday lol...maybe it was just the cheeky mood I was in but it's a killer tune, & maybe even a great floorfiller/getting ready to go out song...which would suit young uns just fine :D

It's Only Love...It's a Kick in the Heeeadddd!! Love it...for now anyway, love it even more when blaring out my car stereo, spect I'll love it more again when pumping out in a pub or club...I'll surely embarrass myself when that happens lol..Can't wait!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,029
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Hi Tilly, sorry I was in the middle of replying to your last post when we changed , and I lost my post. Then I had menfolk to feed.

Im glad to hear that there were tweets from Carmarthen :)

I didnt know that Mathew Wright had been rude about Matt. It seems that loads of peeps have had a pop at him at some time :rolleyes::mad:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

That was one of those occasions when I was too nervous to watch. When I read the reactions on here I was rather glad I hadn't :(

Didn't he perform on The Alan Titchmarsh show last year, when he was promoting Letters ?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Pedsky wrote: »
      I wouldn't say The Wright Stuff is very political more current affairs and topical news!! each panel member reads out interesting articles in the daily papers etc. He'll get to plug the Album " the lead singer from scouting for girls was on today"

With regard to Matthew Wright don't no if he was rude about Matt but or not? but i'm quite sure Matt will win him over lol.

The money he earns from public appearances regardless of what it is must be pretty decent, I remember a few years back there was an article in my local paper regarding Olly Murs who switched on the Christmas lights in my local town and the fee was 5 figures:eek:

With regards to the list of favourite songs i take with a pinch of salt because quite honestly i'm enjoying all of the songs equally ( not including FTEISYF and the acoustic IOL)

5 figures for Olly!! Blimey:eek:
      I am laughing at the fact that will has probally got him this booking ..i presume ..and Matt has said no probs..watching an episode is probally to much to ask ..dont supose he has watched any tv in the last Six months:eek:
      But lets not forget Matt is a public schoolboy..as many like to point out .i have faith:p:p:p

Me Too Gaylew. I wouldn't be surprised if the subject of the alleged 'Ban' comes up :rolleyes:

Im sorry but for some reason Im laughing at your Idea that he will be fine because he is a public schoolboy :D:D
    This discussion has been closed.