YouView From BT Packages

Comments

• BangersBangers Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giovan wrote: »
    Haven't I? What does BT have that Sky doesn't?
    Robot Chicken is one programme I know of. On satellite it is shown at around 1 in the morning on Saturday on TCM2, but on BT Vision most of the episodes are available to download. I know this as I record it from Sky and last week there was a BT Vision advert saying they had all the episodes.

I noticed that on Sky some of the on-demand content for channels like FX is quite weak, maybe BT have the missing programmes?
  • GiovanGiovan Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am pretty sure that the only thing that BT has that sky doesn't is 4od. But sky is getting that soon apparently.

Everything else is available on sky and usually in HD. Also worth noting that sky iplayer is better quality and sky itv player is much more comprehensive with farr more programs and particularly films on there.

If someone has sky then I don't really see the point in adding BT. Not for the same room anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    How?

Sky has a full catch up service and all the content BT has.

Sky's rip-off multiroom cost?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiekid76 wrote: »
    Sky's rip-off multiroom cost?

BT has no multiroom and for £10 on sky you get a full mirror of your subscription.
  • VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT has no multiroom and for £10 on sky you get a full mirror of your subscription.

They do now. ;)
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone has sky then I don't really see the point in adding BT. Not for the same room anyway.
    I think they used to complement one another as until very recently Sky did not have the PSB catch-up services. Now that Sky has the catch-up services albeit with 4OD coming soon, and BT with its linear channels coming soon too, they will more overlap than complement one another.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    They do now. ;)
    How much is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    How much is it?

There is no charge for running multiple boxes. Which is one of the advantages of YouView. And many BT users are also still using their Vision boxes in conjunction with their YV box too.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    There is no charge for running multiple boxes. Which is one of the advantages of YouView. And many BT users are also still using their Vision boxes in conjunction with their YV box too.

No charge for having BT Vision on: multiple YouView Boxes, or BT Vision box + Youview box, in one home?

Other than the main single subscription of course!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member

You would presumably still have to purchase separately additional boxes at their full retail cost (or obtain second hand ones). Something different from Virgin say which as part of their premier package (£48 pm) offer an extra HD box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That isn't multiroom.

If someone has BT Vision now with the sport and the linear channels (when they officially start) then they cannot get those in another room.
    Forum Member

I merely meant that it was a cheap way of getting a PVR in another room.

Multiroom still a rip off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I merely meant that it was a cheap way of getting a PVR in another room.

Multiroom still a rip off.

That isn't what we are discussing. Someone said that BT and sky compliment each other and I asked what BT has that sky doesn't.
    Forum Member
    That isn't what we are discussing. Someone said that BT and sky compliment each other and I asked what BT has that sky doesn't.

But I have both, so hence they compliment each other. Sky's on demand service is crap, by the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I have both, so hence they compliment each other. Sky's on demand service is crap, by the way.

In what way? It has far more on it than BT's. And a lot is in HD.

By the way, I am no particular fan of sky's. As I keep saying, I change provider each year and may well go with BT if they put infinity in my exchange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That isn't multiroom.

If someone has BT Vision now with the sport and the linear channels (when they officially start) then they cannot get those in another room.
    Agreed. BT needs to get Humax to develop a non-PVR YouView box akin to Roku.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    Agreed. BT needs to get Humax to develop a non-PVR YouView box akin to Roku.

Why 1andrew1, how forward thinking! And YouView have already discussed such as a future possibility. That, and other types of devices too. But such is someway off, atm, as they want to get a foothold with this current box first.
    Forum Member
    In what way? It has far more on it than BT's. And a lot is in HD.

By the way, I am no particular fan of sky's. As I keep saying, I change provider each year and may well go with BT if they put infinity in my exchange.

There's less on Sky, but it's newer programmes and HD. It's really only a catch up service though, iPlayer isn't the full service either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's less on Sky, but it's newer programmes and HD. It's really only a catch up service though, iPlayer isn't the full service either.

iplayer is far better quality on sky. I haven't noticed anything missing on there.

ITV player is far more comprehensive on sky.

Why do you say there is less on sky? You and I both know there is far more. I can't think of anything that is available on BT that isn't available on sky, except 4od.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we please not degenerate this thread into a circular Sky Vs BT war please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we please not degenerate this thread into a circular Sky Vs BT war please.

There is no war. I simply asked if there was anything on BT that isn't on sky.

I will start a separate thread for that question if you prefer.
    Forum Member
    Two things. I have YouView from BT, and not BT Vision and Sky's iPlayer service is inferior to iPlayer on YouView.

I never use Sky on demand. If I miss an episode of Arrow, for example, it's repeated another half a dozen times throughout the week. I always use iPlayer on YouView, not Sky, and the picture quality is fantastic in HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two things. I have YouView from BT, and not BT Vision and Sky's iPlayer service is inferior to iPlayer on YouView.

An example. If I want to watch a CBeebies, or more accurately if the kids want to, programme I can watch one episode, if I use iPlayer on Youview, and indeed BT Vision, I can watch each days episode.

I never use Sky on demand. If I miss an episode of Arrow, for example, it's repeated another half a dozen times throughout the week. I always use iPlayer on YouView, not Sky, and the picture quality is fantastic in HD.

The picture quality is better on sky. The HD on iplayer is proper HD.

Youview is vastly inferior to sky at the moment anyway because there are no live premium channels and no sport. You can't even have espn.
    Forum Member
    Wait, I'm wrong ;) You can get all the episodes, the interface is just not as good as the proper BBC TV Application.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youview is vastly inferior to sky at the moment anyway because there are no live premium channels and no sport. You can't even have espn.
    TalkTalk's YouView service offers them though https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/info/tv/tv-extras/boost/espn