A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    He's very smug about it all :rolleyes: On the other hand mum has been giving me helpful advice on my stories. She told me to go buy some Mills & Boon books and take inspiration from there ;)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your mum had a brilliant idea Mills & Boon would be brilliant in terms of research :)
    Forum Member
    It probably would be :D I've got loads of ideas for those two, don't you worry ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha i bet you do christmas is coming and whatever will those to be up to next :D
    Forum Member
    Who knows? They'll have to do Christmas shopping in between flying, visiting friends and family, screwing each other's brains out and whatever else they get up to :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    Morning

Watching the Gavin and Stacey Christmas episode. I've broken my no-Christmas-before-December rule! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching it to Mimi always gets me in the mood for Christmas i love Pam's meltdown when she finds out aboutt he move back to Barry :D:D
    Forum Member
    Morning!
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I was watching it to Mimi always gets me in the mood for Christmas i love Pam's meltdown when she finds out aboutt he move back to Barry :D:D

yeah :D I love the moment that we find out pete and dawn's surname

"...Sutcliffe!" :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here and at thw edding in series one When stacey goes from Shipman to West and Doris and the old guy are talking about it genius :D
    Forum Member
    ^ I don't know how Ruth Jones and James Corden got away with the names!

I'm watching "What Happens In Vegas". I've only seen this film twice before but it's quite good.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon! Just been battling with Firefox on my Macbook Air. Some extensions were installed which slowed the entire thing down so I had to go and turn all the crap off and it seems to be ok now. Argh! :mad: Why do developers put so much bloat in their software? I long for the days of stripped back software (NOT apps!) that did what you needed it to do without any problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Mimi but i think as it's under the radar and only explicitly referenced once it's okay :p

Tell me about it CNBC my shockwave is forever crashing or slowing down my PC glad you Mac woes are seemingly over though :)
    Forum Member
    Macs hate Flash because Steve Jobs had a row with Adobe about it. And Apple's Windows drivers are appalling. The wifi on my Windows partition is crap. Anyway the virus turned out to be a false alarm in the end caused by crap antivirus software :mad: It's all working now :D Are you using the Vista laptop again HM?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha did Flash then put viruses i their software as a revenge :there was no virus that's somwthing :)
    Forum Member
    Evening!

Just taxed and insured my car again. Looking forward to my cousin's party tomorrow night. Still not sure what I'm going to be wearing. I shall decide half an hour before leaving! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OOh yay mimi out on the road again :)

And i'm like that i change what i'm going to wear at least twice before leaving too :p
    Forum Member
    OOh yay mimi out on the road again :)

And i'm like that i change what i'm going to wear at least twice before leaving too :p

I have a box fitted to monitor my driving and I got the maximum (good) score today when I checked which pleased me. I was a little surprised. :)

Going out tonight Hav? My brother's out tonight. I don't know where he gets the money from. I have absolutely nothing! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what your on about it takes down the rate of your insurance doesn't it or am i thinking of something else :p

And not tonight no think i'm going out just before xmas was out last frida so i can cope :p
    Forum Member
    I know what your on about it takes down the rate of your insurance doesn't it or am i thinking of something else :p

And not tonight no think i'm going out just before xmas was out last frida so i can cope :p

Yes, that's the one! :)

I don't even know what I'm going to be drinking at tomorrow night's party. I can't drink too much as I'll be driving on Sunday evening and it's usually the following day that people get stopped.
    Forum Member
    Haha did Flash then put viruses i their software as a revenge :there was no virus that's somwthing :)

No they make it slow and unusable on Macs :eek: I was just thinking about my stories and what songs would sum up Sheila and Doreen's relationship. So far I can think of:

Always Be Together - Little Mix
    Parachute - Cheryl Cole
    Don't Talk About This Love - Cheryl Cole
    Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship
    I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry (:D)
    Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
    Self Inflicted - Katy Perry (this song totally sums up Doreen :p)

Any other suggestions?
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahhh my mother got me Tori Amos tickets today. I think i'll probably end up getting some for another date too..maybe London.
    Forum Member
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    ahhh my mother got me Tori Amos tickets today. I think i'll probably end up getting some for another date too..maybe London.

Hello! :) Haven't spoken you for ages! Gigs for your favourite artist/band are amazing aren't they? I saw paramore twice on their recent tour, Laura Marling in October and Thirty Seconds To Mars last saturday. I have nothing lined up for next year at the moment, sadly.

Has anyone heard from LM lately? Is he okay? :) He hasn't been in so I thought that I'd ask.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Hello! :) Haven't spoken you for ages! Gigs for your favourite artist/band are amazing aren't they? I saw paramore twice on their recent tour, Laura Marling in October and Thirty Seconds To Mars last saturday. I have nothing lined up for next year at the moment, sadly.

Has anyone heard from LM lately? Is he okay? :) He hasn't been in so I thought that I'd ask.

Hiya, I know. It's been forever. I've been busy with uni stuff. I should be doing work now but I'm having a lazy day haha. Yeah, gigs for your fave are the best. This year has been bloody brilliant for gigs. I think fleetwood mac were my favourite gig this year. Sounds like you've had a good gig year too. Let's hope 2014 has lots of gigs in store for us too. :)
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The season of consumerist excess (Christmas) is almost upon us :rolleyes:

What does everyone anticipating spending this year? I have set myself a budget of £30-40 per person for Christmas presents.