Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (Event of the year!)

Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
Forum Member
Yes finally! After everyone has been wasting so so long it's now just two short hours away!

Honey Boo Boo Chi - Stuper Star!

21:00 TLC

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "wasting"? "stuper"? I think TLC have found their viewer do you like itv2 as well?
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's already in the planner.
    People can be so snobby, yes it's trash tv, but I like stuff like this and the real housewives as well as liking quality drama.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    "wasting"? "stuper"? I think TLC have found their viewer do you like itv2 as well?

Ah! The "wasting" is my typo - Meant to be "Waiting"

Chi = Child and Stuper = Super and is the way she herself says it. Honey Boo Boo Chi, Stuper Star.

Don't fight it, you know that you just can't miss this television event of the year if not the decade!
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah! The "wasting" is my typo - Meant to be "Waiting"

Chi = Child and Stuper = Super and is the way she herself says it. Honey Boo Boo Chi, Stuper Star.

Don't fight it, you know that you just can't miss this television event of the year if not the decade!

Lol I will leave this show to you I have enough of seeing people like this in everyday life and trying to avoid them. Enjoy!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only seen the trailers and that's enough !
    A horrible, precocious little brat.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the whole pageant thing, makes me really uncomfortable.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Child abuse
  • anthpiefaceanthpieface Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is terrible did it get many viewers in the US?
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is terrible did it get many viewers in the US?

Enough for South Park to take a ferocious swipe at the girl and her mother.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness for Freeview!! I do like Louis Spence's take on it on the Daybreak showbiz spot though.
  • skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    OH...MY...HOLY...GOOD....GOD :eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I like the adverts for it – a pic of small child saying "I wish I had an extra finger so I could eat more cheeseballs". The advert is basically laughing at a pre-teen girl. She's too young to consent to this and to properly understand what she's getting into.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I've only seen the trailers and that's enough !
    A horrible, precocious little brat.

If you'd actually watch the show instead of forming an opinion based on a 30 second trailer then you'd be taken more seriously.

I find Alana to be a very likeable little girl who happens to have a very big personality.

The show in general is very quotable though. That alone would be enough to develop a following.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all approving of the pageant side of things, but I quite enjoyed this..:o
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I watched it online a few weeks ago and you really have to give it a chance. I find the family hilarious :D And when the mum is on interviews she has said she knows this is only short term thing and the money they make goes towards the kids college funds etc which is a smart move.

Its trash TV but its great!
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched 10 mins of this then turned over - too constructed.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I watched it online a few weeks ago and you really have to give it a chance. I find the family hilarious :D And when the mum is on interviews she has said she knows this is only short term thing and the money they make goes towards the kids college funds etc which is a smart move.

Its trash TV but its great!

i've a feeling the money would be better spent on giving honey boo boo the necessary weight loss surgery she'll need by the time she turns 18. :D
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    i've a feeling the money would be better spent on giving honey boo boo the necessary weight loss surgery she'll need by the time she turns 18. :D

Slow clap.... slow clap for you!!!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually quite enjoy such reality TV trash but haven't really got into this so far.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched 10 mins of this then turned over - too constructed.

I concur 100%. Although this genre isn't usually my thing, I decided to watch from the 'do you agree with a child wearing revealing clothes and make up to enter a beauty pageant?' angle. Won't bother tuning in again.
  • stripey_socksstripey_socks Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    When i first saw this advertised my initial thought was "jesus wept, what carp is this show" :rolleyes::confused:

I ended up streaming the first episode , and then the next and the next (you see where i am going here) :o:o. Its strangely addictive viewing..I for one cant wait to see series 2 :D

For all the familys faults , they come across as likeable and are amusing to watch. I dont agree with the pagenting aspect but this is common (although its deffo NOT a sport :rolleyes:) practice in the states so hey ho.

its also easy for people to sit and judge them for being obese, or for being a redneck or lack of parenting skills but IMO this is down to a lack of education not because they dont give 2 hoots about their kids.

Fair play to them for trying to save money for the kids when they go to college. I will definatley watch another series when it airs.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I find the family likeable and the programme funny and light. I think it is great, perfect viewing in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.:D
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    It's already in the planner.
    People can be so snobby, yes it's trash tv, but I like stuff like this and the real housewives as well as liking quality drama.

Its not snobbery. Its recognition that certain things, like exploiting children to be in beauty pageants, or to appear on Reality TV shows is evil. Not just crude and common. Not just trash. But evil.

The people on the show may seem likable. But the whole process of using your child to make your fortune? No. Just no.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    Its not snobbery. Its recognition that certain things, like exploiting children to be in beauty pageants, or to appear on Reality TV shows is evil. Not just crude and common. Not just trash. But evil.

The people on the show may seem likable. But the whole process of using your child to make your fortune? No. Just no.

Overdramatic much? Calm down dear, you'[ll give yourself an anyeurism.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    When i first saw this advertised my initial thought was "jesus wept, what carp is this show" :rolleyes::confused:

I ended up streaming the first episode , and then the next and the next (you see where i am going here) :o:o. Its strangely addictive viewing..I for one cant wait to see series 2 :D

For all the familys faults , they come across as likeable and are amusing to watch. I dont agree with the pagenting aspect but this is common (although its deffo NOT a sport :rolleyes:) practice in the states so hey ho.

its also easy for people to sit and judge them for being obese, or for being a redneck or lack of parenting skills but IMO this is down to a lack of education not because they dont give 2 hoots about their kids.

Fair play to them for trying to save money for the kids when they go to college. I will definatley watch another series when it airs.

I too thought it would be load of old bollocks but there is something strangely endearing about the family and Alana is a very sweet little girl.

And I don't agree with the pageanting either but it only makes up a small part of the show.

However, I am still gagging at the sight of Mama June's "forklift foot" - not that it was that bad, more the ants that came scurrying out if it :eek::eek::eek::o