New EE Deals

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
Forum Member
EE just announced some new deals including a 50GB plan!

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2013/10/16/ee-announce-new-deals/

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Looks good. EE are showing they're the network to be in if you want 4G (and have the money)

Three will be looking to match the broadband deals soon enough.
  • japauljapaul Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did say earlier in the year that they would introduce charging by speed. I think existing subs keep access to double speed but new ones will need to be on an Extra plan or be capped to 30Mb/s.

The 300Mb/s service for next year is I think 40 MHz carrier aggregation (using 1800 + 2600) which has been trialled in London rather than 20MHz flat out.
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,390
    Forum Member
    They're also trialing 300Mbps 4G in London.
    Forum Member
    japaul wrote: »
    They did say earlier in the year that they would introduce charging by speed. I think existing subs keep access to double speed but new ones will need to be on an Extra plan or be capped to 30Mb/s.

The 300Mb/s service for next year is I think 40 MHz carrier aggregation (using 1800 + 2600) which has been trialled in London rather than 20MHz flat out.

Those trials started in September right? Or am I thinking of something else?
  • SkyPlatinumSkyPlatinum Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These prices look horrendous to me . I currently pay £46 per month for unlimited calls/texts 10Gb double speed data. From what I can see on the new pricing this would mean me now paying £52.99
  • japauljapaul Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Those trials started in September right? Or am I thinking of something else?
    Yep, well sort of. They've been running CA trials in London using 1800 + 2600 but not at 300Mb/s as Huawei and Samsung need to make some dongles which can be used to test it. That's why they are saying they will start testing this later. Phones that could use this will be even further away.

I see though that the 500MB plan is no longer available with the higher speeds. Shame, I was looking forward to a 300Mb/s download speed with a 500MB limit. :D
    Forum Member
    japaul wrote: »
    Yep, well sort of. They've been running CA trials in London using 1800 + 2600 but not at 300Mb/s as Huawei and Samsung need to make some dongles which can be used to test it. That's why they are saying they will start testing this later. Phones that could use this will be even further away.

I see though that the 500MB plan is no longer available with the higher speeds. Shame, I was looking forward to a 300Mb/s download speed with a 500MB limit. :D

One speed test and that's 500mb gone lol :D
  • ncollncoll Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    These prices look horrendous to me . I currently pay £46 per month for unlimited calls/texts 10Gb double speed data. From what I can see on the new pricing this would mean me now paying £52.99
    It would depend on the handset. The 10GB 4GEE Extra plan ranges from £32.99 per month to £52.99 per month.
    Forum Member
    ncoll wrote: »
    It would depend on the handset. The 10GB 4GEE Extra plan ranges from £32.99 per month to £52.99 per month.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the £32.99pm plans have a hefty upfront cost...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ncoll wrote: »

Ok so I am basing that on an iphone 5s that are got for free though chitter chatter .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also how do the new tariffs affect EE SWAP?
  • denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might be a stupid question, but does this only affect new contracts? I think my partner would go bonkers if speeds would end up being up to 30mbps.
  • roadshow2006roadshow2006 Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My contract is up with Orange, is it likely they'll offer me one of these with EE if I ring them up this week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Launching on 30th October

Also anyone already on EE will NOT be capped speed wise, it is only these new deals announced today
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do EE offer thethering on their plans the £26.99 one looks like it would be suitable for me for a SIM only plan. Is something wrong in the link as as surely the £29.99 should be 4GEE Extra and the £26.99 one should be a normal one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its the people who have already signed up for 2 years on the original plans I feel sorry for :(

Somehow I don't see EE giving discounts to the early adopters
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so im due an upgrade from ee....was thinking of moving to three.
    these deals sound tempting
  • Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its the people who have already signed up for 2 years on the original plans I feel sorry for

And if they hadn't all have raced out to be the first to sign up for it, you can bet that these 'deals' would have been introduced a whole lot sooner if take up had fallen flat on its face, and sales targets hadn't been met. Consumers really don't help themselves!.

Do people really sign up for 24 month contracts and expect the tariffs to remain exactly the same for new customers for the entire 2 years, even when competition heats up?. Thats a risk you take when you lock yourself into a contract surely, whether its fixed energy prices or a mobile phone tariff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    Its the people who have already signed up for 2 years on the original plans I feel sorry for :(

I was on an original 4G plan saw they had new plans so I have EE a ring and he swapped my plan so I'm getting 20GB of data instead of the 5GB I was previously getting.
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on an original 4G plan saw they had new plans so I have EE a ring and he swapped my plan so I'm getting 20GB of data instead of the 5GB I was previously getting.

EE are quite happy to change your tariff as long a the money is the same or greater.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Signed up to their £46 deal today. Unlimited calls, texts and 10GB data with an iPhone 5S.
    I'm already noticing improved coverage and speeds compared to Vodafone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Signed up to their £46 deal today. Unlimited calls, texts and 10GB data with an iPhone 5S.
    I'm already noticing improved coverage and speeds compared to Vodafone.

Did you join through Chitter chatter via quidco?
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you join through Chitter chatter via quidco?

Yes.

I went for the "hot offer" listed on this page.
    http://www.chitterchatter.co.uk/iphone/iphone-5s-16gb-ee-4g-pd-507.php
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep that's what I did and got £100 through quidco too