Arrow startson Sky 1 Oct 22nd *UK PACE*

Comments

• ErlangErlang Posts: 6,619
    Forum Member
    Our Sky box has messed up and we've missed Ep 10, 11, 12. It recorded 13 onwards, but now we stuck with seemingly no means of catching up the gap.

Those Arrow episode aren't available thru Sky on demand, and the DVD's aren't out yet, so we'll have to wait for the DVD release to get back into this.

I guess the lack of on-demand is down to Warner Bros
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might be able to find those episodes on line- try googling them.
  • ErlangErlang Posts: 6,619
    Forum Member
    DMCA takedown notices are very active with Arrow.
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise there's no new ep tonight , sky are showing ep1 and ep 2 again , are they taking a break in the states again ?

Edit : just seen the previous posts :o
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the oliver queen in arrow the same one from smallville but obviously different actor or is it just the name and that is where it ends?
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on the same character, but not the same continuity or "universe".

Like asking if George Clooney's Batman is the same as Christian Bales.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    He saw a fishing boat and then lit the big fire he had prepared (repeated in the opening credits each week) and gets picked up.

However it's pretty clear he doesn't spend all 5 years on the Island so he leaves at some point and then either returns (possibly just to set up his rescue) on his own or is exiled back there.

I agree with this. I can't imagine he spends 5 years on the island with the other people there just hiding out and running away. He has to escape and that is where he learns Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian and god knows how many other languages. He must become more complete at fighting off the island too and work on his agility and strength etc because we already know, on the island, this is all non existant atm.

As you say, he knows and does too much to have come to it on the island. I'm thinking who ever it was that trained Malcolm as the "bad guy" was also the one to train up Arrow as the "good guy" kind of scenario and he will be revealed to be some sort of Mega Hero/villain or something lol
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    When McKenna said "Your work is here" I think that was supposed to mean she knows the truth
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When McKenna said "Your work is here" I think that was supposed to mean she knows the truth

Yeah, I thought that as well. Great episode tonight. I was sort of hoping the Huntress got away as it'll be a good character to revisit.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    But I want McKenna's work to be also here.:(

Great to see Helena back and telling the Cops, Olivia is the Hood, plus, Sarah in the Photo.:eek:

And Thea's new friend is trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »

Great to see Helena back and telling the Cops, Olivia is the Hood,

Missing Fringe? :)
    Forum Member

And Thea's new friend is trouble.
    It's Roy Harper aka Speedy aka The Red Arrow Oliver's Sidekick
    Forum Member
    It's Roy Harper aka Speedy aka The Red Arrow Oliver's Sidekick
    I'm not going there.:)
    Forum Member
    I'm not going there.:)

Ok though I don't know what's going to happen in the show myself but without spoiling it Roy Harper is a long time established character in the Green Arrow comics he made his début in 1941 in fact he was one of the very first characters to appear after Green Arrow himself.

As a fan of the comics I knew he would appear sooner or later but I'm surprised they did it this soon I was expecting him to show up about series 2
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange choice of music played in the club - Opus III - It's a fine day.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting him to betray her.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the end of yesterday's show the announcer said it was taking a break for a few weeks but to be fair that's only the it's doing the same in the States and otherwise the British showings would be ahead of the American ones
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    At the end of yesterday's show the announcer said it was taking a break for a few weeks but to be fair that's only the it's doing the same in the States and otherwise the British showings would be ahead of the American ones
    Thought that was the reason....

Good episode last night with the Drug Dealer Doc.....and I knew the 'Bat Cave';)....wouldn't be found, but is Tommy turning sinister with his 'Dad'.

The Island stuff is getting interesting too......but will Olivia be painting a Fence next week.:D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought that was the reason....

Good episode last night with the Drug Dealer Doc.....and I knew the 'Bat Cave';)....wouldn't be found, but is Tommy turning sinister with his 'Dad'.

The Island stuff is getting interesting too......but will Olivia be painting a Fence next week.:D

I've said for a while that I think the Merlyns will end up having a Norman and Harry Osborn thing going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, the show is getting interesting. Some intriguing developments, especially with Tommy joining his father. Wonder how that will affect Laurel.
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    How on earth can this be taking a break with just 3 or 4 episodes left? What goes through the minds of U.S tv execs.

No wonder so many U.S shows lose their audience and get cancelled.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth can this be taking a break with just 3 or 4 episodes left? What goes through the minds of U.S tv execs.

No wonder so many U.S shows lose their audience and get cancelled.

Didn't realise it was taking a 3 week break - the last 4 episodes do run concurrently though, so maybe they've done it to build excitement for the run-in?. Who knows?. This is why I wouldn't mind waiting an extra few weeks for UK pace so that we get a full, unbroken run of episodes.

Anyway, Arrow is confirmed for Season 2 so no need to worry about cancellation just yet ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hooray! I'm glad there's going to be a second season. I really enjoyed the latest episode. Can't wait to see what will happen with Tommy and his father.