Earbuds from iphone 4/4S

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody know anywhere that still stocks the old ones? The sound quality on the new Apple ear buds is awful.

Comments

• TrevTrev Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't bother with those. Have a look at these Monoprice earphones on Amazon. They are amazing quality for such a low price. They are the best earphones I have ever had and they are better than more expensive ones. Have a read of the reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monoprice-Enhanced-Hi-Fi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B00C38LK9C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1381810316&sr=8-5&keywords=monoprice+headphones
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody know anywhere that still stocks the old ones? The sound quality on the new Apple ear buds is awful.

Are you sure you've not just got some defective ones? The sound quality of the new EarPods is far better than the old apple earphones.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the sound quality on the new style is far superior to that of the old ones.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    the sound quality on the new style is far superior to that of the old ones.

This.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how anyone could say the sound quality is worse on the new ones, it is so much better.
  • QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always binned the apple earbuds that came with my old iPods they were dire. The newer ones are much better.
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look here, purchased some skullcandy ink'd and skullcandy titan for £7.95 and £12.95. RRP £19.99 and £34.99.

Excellent quality

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Velocity-Outlet/_i.html?_fsub=5621991010
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These Ear Pod new ones have a shocking sound they are not defective. The design means the sound comes out different angles and they sit awkward and uncomfortable in the ears. The worst shaped headphones I've ever seen. A redesign for the sake of it.

I have always found the 4S headphones well on par with any ear buds Sony offer. Obviously there's these large headphones now which are popular but at the moment I just need a small pair for travelling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These Ear Pod new ones have a shocking sound they are not defective. The design means the sound comes out different angles and they sit awkward and uncomfortable in the ears. The worst shaped headphones I've ever seen. A redesign for the sake of it.

you must have strange ears then
    I have always found the 4S headphones well on par with any ear buds Sony offer. Obviously there's these large headphones now which are popular but at the moment I just need a small pair for travelling.

i did a side-by-side comparison of the old and new style apple earbuds, and the new ones are infinitely better in terms of sound quality, and they fit the ear infinitely better than the old ones.

but hey, whatever works for you.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Is this thread going to be in the same vain as the "I hate iOS7 threads" and in a few weeks create a new thread saying that these EarPod earphones are the best thing since ear phones were invented? :D
    Seriously OP, these new EarPod earphones are so much better quality and far more comfortable than the old ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Is this thread going to be in the same vain as the "I hate iOS7 threads" and in a few weeks create a new thread saying that these EarPod earphones are the best thing since ear phones were invented? :D

i don't think anyone will claim they are the best every invented, but they certainly are far superior to the previous versions.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    i don't think anyone will claim they are the best every invented, but they certainly are far superior to the previous versions.
    Ok maybe the best ever invented was abit far, but I'm sure you get the gist. :)
    These Ear Pod new ones have a shocking sound they are not defective. The design means the sound comes out different angles

How can the sound come out different angles, they're designed so the sound goes directly into the ear canal?
    Here's the promotional video that explains them http://youtu.be/8Rme3uZ_abc
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member

Can't agree on that one! They are so uncomfy its unreal. I got the ones from my dads iphone 5 since he has a nice set of B&W for when i went on holiday last month and i had to revert back to my old Pioneer cans. Sound quality they were ok. Nothing great.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Seriously OP, these new EarPod earphones are so much better quality and far more comfortable than the old ones.

I agree 100%