Can someone tell me......

daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,381
Forum Member
........about internet phones? I am clueless about new technology where mobiles are concerned as I have a very basic PAYG which I hardly use anyway. But I was just wondering, if you sent an email to someone from your computer, would it show on their phone that an email had arrived in their inbox?
I have a friend who says she hardly uses her laptop now as she can do everything on her mobile.

Comments

• Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes most likely, pretty much all modern smartphones can send/receive email
  • macharemachare Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really depends how it is all configured. For example my phone only shows messages that have not yet been received by my laptop. Once the laptop gets a message it is deleted from the phone if it was there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Of course. An email is an email. It doesn't matter what device a person uses to read their email....

... It will be delivered to their phone is they have it set up correctly.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    machare wrote: »
    It really depends how it is all configured. For example my phone only shows messages that have not yet been received by my laptop. Once the laptop gets a message it is deleted from the phone if it was there.

Why have you set it up like that? Do you not like having access to all your emails everywhere?

I suppose I have used Gmail so I have forgotten about email clients.