PS4 Pre-Orders-Delivered by 29th?

steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was just wondering, do online retailers get the PS4 console stock in advance of the official release on 29th? As surely in order to deliver it by that date they need to at the very least be able to ship on 28th? (assuming a next day service which I doubt they would all pay the premium to use). I know this is pretty much normal practice for games to release in this manner but never thought about it before in regard to consoles.

If they couldn't ship until the 29th then most people wouldn't actually get it until the following week (few couriers deliver on Saturdays), which would be rather annoying for those who ordered several months in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they get them in advance. They may even already have them in their warehouses (though probably not quite yet).
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can say they are in the Argos distribution warehouse.
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    Was just wondering, do online retailers get the PS4 console stock in advance of the official release on 29th? As surely in order to deliver it by that date they need to at the very least be able to ship on 28th? (assuming a next day service which I doubt they would all pay the premium to use). I know this is pretty much normal practice for games to release in this manner but never thought about it before in regard to consoles.

If they couldn't ship until the 29th then most people wouldn't actually get it until the following week (few couriers deliver on Saturdays), which would be rather annoying for those who ordered several months in advance.

It wold be annoying to me as i have booked the 29th and the 30th of as holiday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most certainly, it works just the same as it does with game releases, but obviously a much much more higher demand, so I suspect retailers have already recieved their first load of stock or expecting it very soon.

If you pre-ordered online before the 6th of August then you will receive your console on the day of release, so yes retailers will be dispatching before the release day with the intention that it will get to you on the launch date, I highly doubt retailers will cope with dispatching them all in the same day, so they will probably begin even earlier.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    jwball wrote: »

How many do you reckon you've got?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwball wrote: »
    Really? Seems quite early!

I know they've started pitching up at US retailers but they've only 9 days to go.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    How many do you reckon you've got?

10 :D

I'm not surprised they are in warehouses already. Only a couple of weeks to go now.
  • originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    my mate had a ps4 copy of ghosts turn up today from amazon, and by all accounts he isnt the only one.

would be nice if they accidently sent out the consoles early wouldnt it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    They hit USA distribution centers today and will ship to retail locations by next week so they should get them any day now ! It's time to get excited and make room for it in your entertainment centers !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    my mate had a ps4 copy of ghosts turn up today from amazon, and by all accounts he isnt the only one.

would be nice if they accidently sent out the consoles early wouldnt it :D

That's actually a late delivery, not early. The PS4 version of the game was released along with the last gen and PC versions on Tuesday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »

A good majority of the consoles are in secure warehouses in the uk and currently be distrubuted.

It would be impossible to deliver them all at once as well as security risks.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good majority of the consoles are in secure warehouses in the uk and currently be distrubuted.

It would be impossible to deliver them all at once as well as security risks.

Yeah, that makes sense, I guess when I think about it that's the only way it would be workable really. Wonder then if some people will get it a bit earlier with the variance you can get in courier deliveries, as I buy a lot (and sell a lot) online and know that delivery times can vary quite a bit so could see some people getting them a bit earlier e.g. day before and some a bit later (potentially pushing it into next week). Then again I do tend to use cheap couriers :D , they would (hopefully) use a 24 or 48 hour guaranteed one for something like this.

Must be annoying for those who have the game sitting there and nowt to play it on, I will probably end up with NFS Rivals before the console as I believe it comes out 22nd, never known a launch where the games precede the console before. :confused:
    Forum Member
    One of those is mine!!
    Forum Member
    Wonder if there is a pic of a bunch of Xbox ones stacked up? Do they even exist yet??!!!!
    Forum Member
    One of those is mine then!!!
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of those isn't mine :cry:

Mine comes in a bigger box! :D
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »

And just think.....alllllllllll those are sold :D