Walking Dead game

AdsAds Posts: 37,037
Forum Member
worth getting? I saw it won a lot of awards at some recent video game awards, although that might have been because the tv show is hugely popular in America.

Comments

• SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    worth getting? I saw it won a lot of awards at some recent video game awards, although that might have been because the tv show is hugely popular in America.

Huge fan of the TV show played them demo of the game I liked it, but waiting for monthly instalments put me off and I said I would pick up when they are all on special, or on a retail disc. There is a huge thread on the game already although it may contain spoilers, so Im avoiding. Is it getting a disc release?
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The USA has a disc release also comes with the first 48 issues of the comic in a book, no news for uk though :(

I too am in the same boat waiting for it :(
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »

It's *brilliant*. Its wins at the Spike VGAs were well deserved.

Top notch story and voice acting, and emotionally draining.

If it wasn't for ME3 it would be my game of the year.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I've played the first ep. Somewhat interesting but the VA is a bit ropey in parts and I don't have an overwhelming urge to follow up with the rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent game imo
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up according to oxm all 5 episodes are being reduced on the 28th December for 1 day only
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Just a heads up according to oxm all 5 episodes are being reduced on the 28th December for 1 day only

Also Episode 1 will be free for 1 week only from 25th December.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Also Episode 1 will be free for 1 week only from 25th December.

Id rather wait for disc to be honest, at least there is some resale value with that.
  • LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Just got the game on disc today and playing the 1st episode loving it so far. It's less of a game and more of an interactive movie.

Do your choices ingame really have an effect on the story? When you see the prompts that somebody will remember what you said or did.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Lumstorm wrote: »
    Just got the game on disc today and playing the 1st episode loving it so far. It's less of a game and more of an interactive movie.

Do your choices ingame really have an effect on the story? When you see the prompts that somebody will remember what you said or did.

Your choices don't have much effect on the eventual resolutions, but they do have an large effect on the way you reach those resolutions, if you see what i mean.

Its a fantastic game though, with stellar voice acting and a great plot so try your best to avoid any spoilers. (i've tried to be very vague above)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I've never watched the Walking Dead. Am I at a disadvantage (or maybe even an advantage?) if I wish to play this game?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    mrobbo wrote: »
    I've never watched the Walking Dead. Am I at a disadvantage (or maybe even an advantage?) if I wish to play this game?

The game takes place in the Comic Book Universe (and is stylised to match that) as fans know, the Comic Book Universe is very different to the TV version.

So really, ....I'd say advantage, because I would expect TV only fans to be questioning quite a lot of stuff mentioned in the game, which didn't happen in the TV version but DID happen in the Comics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member

I've never watched the TV show either and I enjoyed the game just as much, best game I've played this year.

As the poster above said, it's closer to the comic books than the TV show.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should definitely watch the TV Drama, it's easily the best thing on TV. Series 3 has been epic.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never watched the TV Show and I absolutley love this game. My GOTY so far (Im getting far cry 3 for xmas so that could change!)
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    The game is better than the TV show (although the show has improved dramatically in the 3rd season)

I think the game has now won 15+ game of the year awards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just waiting on a disc release now
  • Lith66Lith66 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I really wish I've never read the spoilers a few weeks ago as now I'm kicking myself as I've turn into a massive fan of the tv show and comic book's. hearing this turn into best game of 2012 I would have bought it by now if I never spoiled myself damm
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Lith66 wrote: »
    I really wish I've never read the spoilers a few weeks ago as now I'm kicking myself as I've turn into a massive fan of the tv show and comic book's. hearing this turn into best game of 2012 I would have bought it by now if I never spoiled myself damm

It's a fab game, and yeah hearing the spoilers would have er 'spoilt' it for you lol, but I reckon it's still worth playing.

A couple of times it had me in tears and reading about it on some forum won't allow you to get involved with the characters that playing the game does. Plus, for example, there's a part where you can pick which character lives or dies.

Anyway, I love the game and am a fan of the series. Managed to get my mam watching the first series and seems she likes it, but since we're at the 3rd episode she hasn't seen anyone get eaten lol.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I downloaded this to my iphone for free and loved it, however im having problems downloading Episode 2 any suggestions ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EP1 looks like its free on XBOX I think its today only
  • LumstormLumstorm Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I just finished the game today. It really is an amazing game even if you have read some spoilers it's worth playing for the story anyway.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It is very enjoyable though I've actually not finished it yet, up to the end of Chapter 4 but I am puzzled at the GOTY awards this game has recieved.
  • Lith66Lith66 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Is this game on sale on the playstation store or just normal price €19.99 for season pass
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    EP1 looks like its free on XBOX I think its today only

I downloaded it free this morning without any problems