HTC Windows phone 8X

victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What are people's experiences of this or any Windows phones? Because of the live tiles do you always keep the data connection on? This would put me off as although I use a phone for the net I turn off the data when not online to save the battery.

Comments

• IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live tiles either work with push notifications or they connect periodically. You can control which apps are allowed to do that. I turned them off all, it saves battery, too. Usually there's not much to miss. I only have one email on push notifications and two others check new emails hourly.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the better spec phone out of the HTC 8X & the Nokia Lumia 820?
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    The 8X has a higher-res screen and a bigger battery while the 820 has a memory card slot.

So not much in it really.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    victor mel wrote: »

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4968&idPhone2=4975

Both will offer very similar performance, the Lumia weighs 160g :eek:

I think the 8x is overpriced, its only dual core for almost £400, you can get an S3 for that price.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4968&idPhone2=4975

Both will offer very similar performance, the Lumia weighs 160g :eek:

I think the 8x is overpriced, its only dual core for almost £400, you can get an S3 for that price.

So what can the dual core processor on the 8x not do that the quad core on the S3 can?

Don't get tied up in assuming the one with the bigger number always means it's quicker.

The Windows Phone OS is very efficient at working and does not require the rescouces that Android seems to
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    ok I agree, although for £400 the 8x is almost a rip off, it should be priced around £250. The Lumia 620 is 1ghz dual core and only £130.

I personally prefer android because I can get my phone the way I like it although windows 8 does look nice but I would be frustrated about not being able to change some things and the lakc of apps