EDGE Magazine: Buy a PS4, Xbox One is a titanic failure

jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
Forum Member
So Edge Magazines new front page just got shown....

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/theprof00/1372758190373_zps7d128332.jpg

This was written after the Xbox 180 event btw. Issue will be released July 4th.

Anyone else think they recieved a big cheque from Sony for this :D

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bait headlines. Have they been recruiting from Kotaku?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 1993 they were harping on about why everyone should buy the Panasonic 3DO... I don't think they got anything from Sony, more likely just looking at the realities and taking advantage of an angle to sensationalise the situation.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member

You win the thread!
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member

Haha, well I don't know, it could be worse, it could have guest articles by Patricia Hernandez! :D
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Why do people always assume Sony have paid of these Outlets?:confused: it is stupid at the end of the Day Sony did everything right with the PS4 so far so of course its going to get the better press then Microsoft if it was the other way round i bet the same would be said about MS :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of which console you want (for the purposed of clarity i'm getting a PS4 at launch then an Xbox one after a year) the headline is right

PS4 is technically better which if you look at the first party games on PS3 will probably lead to better games

Xbox one had the absolute worst product launch i've ever seen (and judging by online reaction many agree)

PS4 completely destroyed Xbox one at E3

Xbox had to do a complete 180 because (almost) everyone hated most of the innovations that MS brought to the table

Nothing about what we have heard about X1 makes it seem like the better choice, sure it has a few good lucking games but is that really enough
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying reading the butthurt f****ys comments on the main story. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Blimey that's quite a headline for Edge. I'd be curious to know what the Editor's intro says on the first page.
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Why do people always assume Sony have paid of these Outlets?:confused: it is stupid at the end of the Day Sony did everything right with the PS4 so far so of course its going to get the better press then Microsoft if it was the other way round i bet the same would be said about MS :sleep:

Oh look. Someone who can't take a joke.

Perhaps some other posters can back me up here when i say Ive owned every Sony console and that i attack MS fanboys for being stupid. Look at my post history on the gaming forum and you'll see i've very much been pro Sony this entire time. (Because they made the right decisions)
    Forum Member
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Blimey that's quite a headline for Edge. I'd be curious to know what the Editor's intro says on the first page.

April fools?
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    "a titanic failure"

and

"titanic errors"

COMPLETELY different statements. Misleading thread title.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Unusual for Edge, they are normally so far up nintendos arse.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Oh look. Someone who can't take a joke.

Perhaps some other posters can back me up here when i say Ive owned every Sony console and that i attack MS fanboys for being stupid. Look at my post history on the gaming forum and you'll see i've very much been pro Sony this entire time. (Because they made the right decisions)

Some people joke about yeah but Have you seen the response to IGN's PS4 stories.... MS fanboys thinking Sony has paid IGN and the rest blah blah :sleep:
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Some people joke about yeah but Have you seen the response to IGN's PS4 stories.... MS fanboys thinking Sony has paid IGN and the rest blah blah :sleep:

Ah that makes sense now.

I don't think Edge have seen titanfall yet. :D
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they aren't holding back - good to see an independent mag being so honest - especially one as respected as edge.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game journalism and respect, that's a good gag. I'll remember that one :D
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    They are just going with honest opinions from about just about every journalist out there.

MSFT has blown it big time and damaged the Xbox brand. All that good work with the 360 is lost with insane ideas.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Edge used to be really good but like all mags since the explosion of the internet and news 24/7 its fell off a lot lately, shrunk in size, paper quality and overall content really.

They ran an article about the amount of pre-rendered footage or FMV being passed off as in game footage a couple of months back yet still fill the mag with those same screenshots.

They'll give a 12 page article to 'the next big thing' then review it 9 months later giving it a 5 out of 10.

And yet somehow, the magazine is now celebrating its 20th anniversary.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that unfair IMO, the next big thing usually does end up being only worthy of that kind of score.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game journalism and respect, that's a good gag. I'll remember that one :D
    Good for you :D
    Rich_L wrote: »

They'll give a 12 page article to 'the next big thing' then review it 9 months later giving it a 5 out of 10.
    Maybe because it didn't actually live up to expectations? not rocket science.
    Rich_L wrote: »
    And yet somehow, the magazine is now celebrating its 20th anniversary.
    A vague guess - people still find it interesting and they have plenty of readers. Indeed looking on the DS article:

"Edge was crowned best 'Games Magazine' in the 2012 Games Media Awards."

I personally don't read Edge - I read GamesTM, but it's quite funny how people come in here slagging it off.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I think someone else said - perhaps they were very disappointed with the Xbox one after their hands on time with it?

Or maybe they just feel Microsoft is getting it wrong?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    A little bit silly to write off a piece of tech as a 'Titanic failure' 6 months before release, even if they did have 'hands on' with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    A little bit silly to write off a piece of tech as a 'Titanic failure' 6 months before release, even if they did have 'hands on' with it.

they've said "titanic errors" rather than failure.

Don't think it would be right to write off the Xbox One just yet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    While I agree that to write the Xbone off completely is ridiculously premature.

I think it's hard to see how MS could have done a worse job of trying to sell it so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seoulite wrote: »
    While I agree that to write the Xbone off completely is ridiculously premature.

I think it's hard to see how MS could have done a worse job of trying to sell it so far.

Second sentence - very true. Even with the U turn on their policies I'd still be hard pressed to find an excuse to buy one.

Shame really - I did like my 360.