Mongrels BBC3

Comments

• KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why, but it makes me smile! Some of it's too quick for one viewing, I had to rewind the "I've got another one to add to the list - brittle bone" bit before I got it!

K

PS, I assume it was the actual cast of Hollyoaks...
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When monkeys are used in adverts (such as PG Tips), peanut butter is put on the roof of their mouths to make them move their mouths for the voice actors.

and that's how they make Hollyoaks.

- Jimmy Carr, QI
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Sprocket, is that you? :D

Dance your cares away!!!

<clap clap>

Mongrels #2 was still brilliant!
  • Warren.PeaceWarren.Peace Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Who need's California Gurls when you can...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEz1s0F3g-M&feature=related
  • draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Warren, based on that clip I just watched the whole episode on iplayer.

And laughed my head off for the whole half hour.

Awesome !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Mongrels :), actually find it very adorable!
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second episode was brilliant, my whole family has got into it now! :D
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Daughter watched the first episode and ran to me to show me a clip. I was most disheartened to hear my beloved 1980s pin-up's name used as a swear word. 'Morten Harket' indeed!! :rolleyes::D Daughter won't stop saying it now LOL!! (A devoted A-Ha fan for nearly 25 years).

Otherwise, Mongrels is OK, some good gags.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got to be honest the second episode had me pishing myself laughing
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What i think is a huge redeeming feature of it is that at the end of the day, the writers haven't forgotten that they're all animals - and that they all have those little characteristics that each of those particular animals have - i find them the most fun.

I also really love Vince. I think the censorship of his swearing makes it all the more funnier.
  • ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Never saw the first, but I have to say I enjoyed the second episode.

I loved the 'runt fox', esp the pathetically weak voice.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you like Mongrels checkout Meet The Feebles, an early Peter Jackson film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the fireman getting the cat out of the tree that sticks in my mind, "Come here, ****"!!! Hilarious.

ETA - DS just blanked out tw*t
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it in bed last night,the wife wasn't happy with me keep giggling like a kid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I do like BBC Three comedy, especially things like Monkey Dust, Nighty Night, Summer Heights High, but I thought this lacked somewhat. It was terrible but it didn't work for me.
  • LycallesLycalles Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I do like BBC Three comedy, especially things like Monkey Dust, Nighty Night, Summer Heights High, but I thought this lacked somewhat. It was terrible but it didn't work for me.

Summer Heights High is hilarious (but not an original BBC, it's an ABC production) and I agree, Mongrels just seems a little lacking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg the bunny remember that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is actually growing on me, I think tonights episode is very funny. I'm actually laughing a lot in this one, he he Springwatch auditions lol. :D
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is actually growing on me, I think tonights episode is very funny. I'm actually laughing a lot in this one, he he Springwatch auditions lol. :D

I came to say the same thing. The best by far tonight.

Edit: Amy Winehouse gag was brilliant.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good tonight.

Loved alot of the cutaways.

Although i fear the Terry Nutkins one might be lost on a few.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ROFL at Vince's homophobic slur, 'C**k Garage!' :D
  • cyrilsneercyrilsneer Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel four was looking for people at entry level the other month for some intern positions and I have found that normally tv jobs ask the strangest of questions on their applications for someone who initially they want to do some filing, fetching and making tea. I have had to create a tv show, write a critique of 2 shows in less than 500 words, suggest where researchers should source their information and why they should look in these particular sites. Lazy lazy production companies :rolleyes:

Channel 4 dont make shows, you'll never get into TV production from interning there. Unless u want to work in scheduling or something.

I thougt Mongrels was very good. The puppets look ace, some of the writing is clever and funny, the characters seem to be developing well. The shows gone down very well on the internet. There are some sketches and characters that tend to drag on or not hit the right spot but its the first series so they need to see what works and what doesnt.

I think Vince and Nelson are best. They oughta just make the show around them.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't really know anything about this until a mate recommended it to me and i bloody love it .. watched the first two on iplayer and immediately series linked it.

so out of order but so funny :)

loved the line "so why did the chicken cross the road ?. Turns out she was a casual racist" :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cyrilsneer wrote: »
    I think Vince and Nelson are best. They oughta just make the show around them.

Agreed! Nelson is simply adorable, I hope they produce a range of soft toys based on the series, they totally have to do that! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Utterly awesome tonight!

Was laughing my head off from start to finish with the luvvie Springwatch animal actors to the joke about Amy Winehouse's hair to the relationship between Lollipop and Marion (so sick...)...absolute genius!

:D