RED - 7/10

Trainspotting - 8/10

Dark Skies - 6/10

Love Is All You Need - 7/10

Regards...

RB...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just watched Sinister ( with the curtains and blinds closed :D)

I liked this one, and i guess there could be another one..
    A family moves into the house and finds the boxes of films and watches them, and another murder :D
    also the ending was good, but what happened
    to the mother and son ? I think i saw the mother on the floor, dead ? But what about the brother ?
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Insidious - 8/10
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hunt (2012) - 9/10 powerful stuff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lake Placid, love it.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Young adult
    Great film with Charlize Theron and is by the woman who wrote Juno. I really liked the dialogue and the acting. It does makes you think on certain things several years when you finish high school.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Secret in Their Eyes

Richly fascinating Argentine drama that stirs together a grubby murder thriller with a touching passage-of-time romance. An odd cocktail, but it works like a charm, even with its psycho-thriller endgame. And the camerawork during the football match is something to behold. 8/10

I agree, watched it months ago and was telling everyone about it. Then watched it again recently..excellent movie.

9/10
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The King's Speech 8/10

I was expecting to be bored and consequently moan about the film being overrated but I really enjoyed it!
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    McCullin (2012) A documentary about the photojournalist Don McCullin who looks back over his long career photographing wars and conflicts around the world.

Like his photographs, the film is uncompromising and many people may be disturbed by the images but McCullin shows what war and its consequences are really like.

He talks frankly of his own feelings about his work and the effect it has had on him.

Not only is he a great photographer but someone who has great integrity and compassion.

(10/10)
  • FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snatch 9/10 Really enjoyed this film.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lockout - Starring Guy Pearce

I thought this would be pants and I only put it on as my husband likes these sorts of films, but i loved it. The CGI was a little ropey in places and sometimes the 'funny' quips were too over the top, but i really enjoyed it.

8/10

Rock of Ages

I wanted to watch this and had to practically beg my husband to watch it with me, but he laughed more than I did. We sang along to the songs and it was fun. I couldn't stand the voice of the lead woman though (Julie Hough ???) or something like that .... and I would rather the lead role had gone to someone else. But it was good.

7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Jackapple wrote: »
    The Hunt (2012) - 9/10 powerful stuff

Agreed. Stayed in my head for days. Poor bloke.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Michael Clayton (2007) 8/10
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Firehouse Dog for the first time.
    In fact I found it to be really good would give this a 7 out of 10.
    Will get this one to keep... :)
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rise of the Guardians, for the second time with my son. Excellent film
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silver linings playbook vary rare i actually like a film that is worthy of oscars but this was a great film bradley cooper was great in it.

8/10
  • finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (3D Blu Ray)

I missed this at the cinema, so settled down last night to watch it at home in 3D on Blu-Ray. Very entertaining. Slightly goofier feel than LOTR, and more light-hearted, but that was a good thing I thought as LOTR could get quite morose in places. Great visuals, you can see how far we have come in just 13 years. I liked the way it linked into the start of Fellowship of the Ring with the bookended part with old Bilbo and Frodo at the beginning.

Will look forward to the next one with great interest.
  • gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blood Diamond on DVD. Had never seen this film for some reason but I really liked it. Good commentary on the DVD too.:) Maybe Leo Di Caprio's best film.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassandra's Dream - expected something along the lines of Match Point, pretty bad though 5/10
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancing Queen

Another romantic comedy from South Korea. It's about a man who's running for mayor but he doesn't realize that his wife is about to make her debut as a k-pop singer. It's a nice film - maybe a little too long. And as with most romantic comedies, this one is quite predictable. But I enjoyed it. It's available to watch on NETFLIX video streaming. :)

Trailer LINK
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sucker Punch [2011]. Director: Zack Snyder

6/10

Crazy fantasy story with someone's record collection all over the soundtrack.
This discussion has been closed.