Finalists set up to be 'shock' eliminations...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
Forum Member
✭✭
Seems to be one or two of these each year - those with something about them that suggests they could go a long, long way, they're set up strongly by the audition process shows and they get strongly tipped early but end up eliminated in week 5 or 6... the cynic might suggest it's almost to keep people guessing... ;)

Couple of examples

2011 - The Risk (wk 5)
2010 - Aiden Grimshaw (wk 6)
2009 - Lucie Jones (wk 5)
2008 - Laura White (wk 5)

Agree? Disagree?

And who do YOU think might be this year's big "mid-point" elimination???

Comments

• LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arther.
    He isn't X Factor material the producers will try and get him out as soon as he has made the tour.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kye is going to be a shock.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    I think Kye is going to be a shock.

Really?

I can see him beind safe for weeks and potentially winning it
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Carolynne- she has all the hallmarks of a Week 5 elimination,
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arther.
    He isn't X Factor material the producers will try and get him out as soon as he has made the tour.

Noooooo!!!

i mean, i hope not...:o:o:D
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingrw411 wrote: »
    Seems to be one or two of these each year - those with something about them that suggests they could go a long, long way, they're set up strongly by the audition process shows and they get strongly tipped early but end up eliminated in week 5 or 6... the cynic might suggest it's almost to keep people guessing... ;)

Couple of examples

2011 - The Risk (wk 5)
    2010 - Aiden Grimshaw (wk 6)
    2009 - Lucie Jones (wk 5)
    2008 - Laura White (wk 5)

Agree? Disagree?

And who do YOU think might be this year's big "mid-point" elimination???

i don't know about the others but i don't think aiden was particularly set up for shock elimination...

it's the public who didn't vote for him en masse that week... presumably thinking he's safe as it was quite early on in the competition...
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    i don't know about the others but i don't think aiden was particularly set up for shock elimination...

it's the public who didn't vote for him en masse that week... presumably thinking he's safe as it was quite early on in the competition...

I would say that considering his competition in the song off it was a shock - however not that much when you consider the Lucie/ Jedward vote the year before. It had $imon Cowell money spinner all over it in turns of generating media support.

I didn't think the Risk was that much of a shocking exit - they had an ok performance, ok comments and nothing really to get people to vote for them. They had a line up change which changed the dynamic and probably put some voters off
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Pretty much every year it's week 5... It's not always a shock, but it always seem to be a female who didn't really deserve to go home (Last year being the exception)

I'm going to guess either Carolynne or Lucy this year...

Carolynne's very country, but country's not as big on reality shows in the UK as it is in the US, which could go against her.

And as much as I love Lucy, I just don't know if she'll maintain support every week... I don't really mind though. I just want her to make the tour.

Melanie's also a possibility as well I guess, but I think she's less likely.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be a group again - a very strong one at that.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree sadly :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arther.

For me if he gets to the top 5/6 im not bothered as the past few years have shown us winning mean jack shit, When acts can do just as good and even better than the winner there is no real big deal about winning anymore.

So if the show try and get him out in week 5 and onwards let them, As by then people will know if they like him or not. And after he can get on with his music with a bigger fan base than what he had before Xfactor.

Also James is not the kind of act that needs the flash number ones and glossy celebrities career, as he is more of a album and tour kind of singer imo. So I dont think winning would fit into the kind of artist he seams to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmm, not sure about that - gut feeling is that she's being set up to be cannon fodder, eliminated in the first three weeks because I don't see her as someone who people think might actually win...

Have the initial odds been released yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arthur. Hate to say it but he's just not good looking enough to appeal to female voters, apart from that his life story is a bit redundant now that the auditions are over.
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jahmene. He's a bit of a favourite, and I can see him losing some voters, or fans thinking he's safe and not voting!!!
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carolynne screams "shock elimination" to me. I can see them completely hyping her up for the first month, and then suddenly giving her mediocre feedback and she's out the door.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the shock elimination will be Ella or Jahmene.

The winner and the finalists are usually ones who remain under the radar throughout the early stages of the competition, the middle placing finalists are those who were pushed at the start and the ones to go first are the rubbish ones that noone remembers.

For me Carolynne won't be a shock elimination because I could just as easily picture her being eliminated first and being in the final. Shes hard to call because will people vote for her?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    What week is the 'curse' week, when a fav goes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    What week is the 'curse' week, when a fav goes?

Well from the looks of it that was last night's episode in the boys category.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's literally written all over her.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely think Jahmene. Though I was convinced he'd be sent home at JH and the wildcard twist was to get him back. His nerves will be his downfall unfortunately
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Jahmene going as early as week 5, I'll be shocked if she gets much further than Craig Colton though.
  • EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Ella going early unless she messes up repeatedly in ways nobody's expecting. After her I'm not sure who would count as a shock elimination at all. Jahmene, James and Kye are currently next in the betting, but an early elimination for Jahmene wouldn't come as any surprise to me if he continues as shakily as he's been this side of his first audition, or James because I'm not getting the impression he has that much support. Kye going very early would be a bit of a shock to me, as would Lucy or Rylan because each of them can probably count on a certain number of votes no matter how they perform. I'll be surprised if Carolynne even gets to week 5.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LouisFelch wrote: »
    James Arthur. Hate to say it but he's just not good looking enough to appeal to female voters, apart from that his life story is a bit redundant now that the auditions are over.

Matt Cardle was hardly a stunner
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    It's literally written all over her.

Sorry for being an ass... but still.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I think Carolynne will be out by week 5 :(