SAMSUNG UE46ES8000 Full HD 46" LED 3D TV

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Samsung smart tv. The question is should i wait for the new 2013 model or see if I could get a deal on the existing one given itt a year old?

Comments

• evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    From a quick Google it seems that Samsung are improving the Smart interface but whether they are improving the panel I don't know. Whilst not the top model in the Which? Best Buys overall, the 46ES8000 HD and SD picture is the best, and the SD picture quality is the only Best Buy with 5 stars.

What you have to ask yourself is what you are going to be using the TV for. If the picture quality for TV reception and movies/3D movies is your priority then buy now. If the Smart interface is your priority then wait. As to the sound quality who knows. But in my opinion the sound plays second fiddle to the picture. My TV goes into my hi-fi for the sound.

Of course in the 2013 lineup another manufacturer may take precedence over the Samsung. Your money your choice!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanis wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Samsung smart tv. The question is should i wait for the new 2013 model or see if I could get a deal on the existing one given itt a year old?

I wouldn't buy a Smart TV for the 'Smart' function.

They are too slow and cumbersome, and to be honest, I'd rather use a computer to access the internet or watch streams (via HD on a TV, not the laptop screen).

But other than that, the PQ is very good on my Samsung TV and the ability to record to USB stick and play MKV files is worth while.

Plus the 3D is a bonus.
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The nnES8000 range is available at "to clear" prices that will make the new model look expensive for a while and looks like its only the interface that is changing ( and even that can be updated on the es8000 ) so I would say go for the current model rather than wait .
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id buy now, the ES8000 is a cracking Tv by all accounts, judging from the big thread on the AV Forums. :)
  • liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have the 55"...its fab :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The es8000 is a stunning tv. I'd go for one in an instant.