BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its so warm here today :)
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Here's the Line-up for The Apprentice starting next Wednesday on BBC1 9pm.
    For anyone interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00pj01n/candidates

I will guess that the boy unfortunately called Ricky Martin will win.
    Forum Member
    Its so warm here today :)

Afternoon.:)
    Quite the opposite here. We have a completely grey sky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am off to a free public lecture about dark matter and cosmology later on

it looks interesting :)
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    I will guess that the boy unfortunately called Ricky Martin will win.
    Why do you say that?

At least it won't cost you the earth then.:D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Dinner was yummy, loads of veg in it and the kids ate it too, and it was spicy and they still ate it! I'm really pleased that they're willing to try stuff like this and enjoy it:)

Just been browsing, found this hyper-realism drawing.....apologies for the Daily Heil link but wow at the skill....

EDIT top of the page...aaaaaccckkkkerrrrr, this is your spot, come back.......:D

Those pics are amazing, you have to look closely before your realise they arent pics but drawings !
  • dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't get my head round dark matter. I saw Professor Brian Cox on telly standing next to a giant waterfall, trying to explain it, and I sort of hoped it would suck him in. The only dark matter I like is black chocolate. Have a good time, missis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good afternoon folks, empty of pocket and one tooth less!:(
    She has saved the one next to it though. The little beggar took 30 minutes to extract and I fear that my neck and jaw are dislocated, but I am being brave while the anaesthetic is still working...

Celeste will be at the vets until tomorrow evening and it feels really weird to be walking around the house without a kitten in attendance, wanting to know what I am doing and getting herself shut into cupboards....

I had a wisdom tooth out and it felt like I'd lost half my head
    Also, they now fry in vegetable oil rather than proper lard, on health grounds. I distrust vegetable oil, except olive oil (which isn't hydrogenated). I had large cod and medium chips on the front at Weymouth recently, and it was like I'd gone to heaven--everyone else had small, so I was mocked ... and, sure enough, couldn't finish it. Which was the moment I realised I'm slowly losing my manhood.

Oh I love fish wouldn't have gone till I'd finished:D

Littsis wrote: »
    That's the difference between most men and women, men are able to josh in a way that is much less likely to cause offence, or appear snide, even if being somewhat caustic. Love it.:eek::D.
    We're just as snide as women, but I think we're more likely to ignore, or walk away from, any bad fallout. Also, being a male involves being slagged off remorselessly from a young age, so we get used to it. I wouldn't tease Hicky so much if I didn't think he has the hide of a rhinoceros.

Our group used to slag off each other remorselessly all the time. Male p*ss taken is a given from school and beyond especially in close groups of males:D. When one of the lads brougha new GF into the pub they were amazed and a typical comment was "i expected the tables to be going over"

Of course we had respect if someone had bad news. Well for a while. When Dad Balders died, I was like right stop walking on eggshells you *****:D

:o:o wo betide if you had a slip of the tongue. The lad who said Tottenham Forest dreaded Final Score for years:D

One lad was called custard cos he fad severe acne as a teen. his greeting was the Rhubarb and Custard theme:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get my head round dark matter. I saw Professor Brian Cox on telly standing next to a giant waterfall, trying to explain it, and I sort of hoped it would suck him in. [bold]The only dark matter I like is black chocolate[/bold]. Have a good time, missis.

:D

Yeah just hope it doesn't confuse me and go over my head :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I love fish wouldn't have gone till I'd finished

That's what I thought, but "large cod" in Weymouth is seriously large (they do medium and normal as well). I did actually finish the fish, but not all the chips. I've always asked for large of everything all my life, but I'm having to rethink that now that I'm not what I was.
    Our group used to slag off each other remorselessly all the time. Male p*ss taken is a given from school and beyond especially in close groups of males:D. When one of the lads brougha new GF into the pub they were amazed and a typical comment was "i expected the tables to be going over"

Of course we had respect if someone had bad news. Well for a while. When Dad Balders died, I was like right stop walking on eggshells you *****:D

:o:o wo betide if you had a slip of the tongue. The lad who said Tottenham Forest dreaded Final Score for years:D

One lad was called custard cos he fad severe acne as a teen. his greeting was the Rhubarb and Custard theme:D

It makes men sound like appalling bullies, but there's also a sense of support. After an argument with a woman, it's almost a relief to go out and get insulted by the lads, because it's basically meaningless, even a form of acceptance.
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

At least it won't cost you the earth then.:D
    A guess. He looks a maverick. I dont know if that is an advantage as i dont watch it.

Always look on the bright side why dont you? :D
    Try not to think of it as something you have to understand every bit of. Even if it is too complicated for you i am sure you will learn something, if not everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even scientists admit they don't fully understand it, so just enjoy the fun of its weirdness. The more we know, the less we understand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even scientists admit they don't fully understand it, so just enjoy the fun of its weirdness. The more we know, the less we understand.

Good point i will enjoy it :)

I liked the aastronomy lecture i went to last thursday was interesting :) even though i don't remember some of the stuff i learnt. will be recapping it when the course notes get released :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A guess. He looks a maverick. I dont know if that is an advantage as i dont watch it.

Always look on the bright side why dont you? :D
    Try not to think of it as something you have to understand every bit of. Even if it is too complicated for you i am sure you will learn something, if not everything.

by over my head i mean i hope i don't forget what i learn
    Forum Member
    by over my head i mean i hope i don't forget what i learn

Ah, i think it is usually used to mean something is too complicated or highbrow i think? Anyhow, i shouldn't think it will be expected for anyone to remember it all. If you needed to then perhaps you could record sections of the lecture on your blackberry so you can re-cap later. :)
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member

Good point i will enjoy it :)

I liked the aastronomy lecture i went to last thursday was interesting :) even though i don't remember some of the stuff i learnt. will be recapping it when the course notes get released :)

Children learn from repetition, taking in a little more each time, so you'll probably find that a bit more sinks in every time you deal with the subject.

Sounds interesting, hope you enjoy it.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member

If you understand what it's all about your may be in the wrong job.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon everybody - how are we all? :)
    Ah, i think it is usually used to mean something is too complicated or highbrow i think? Anyhow, i shouldn't think it will be expected for anyone to remember it all. If you needed to then perhaps you could record sections of the lecture on your blackberry so you can re-cap later. :)

Yes - or beyond ones understanding/comprehension.
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »

Afternoon Elfy :D

Good thanks, how about you?
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I love avocados

’d affernoon. :D
    A large avocado can contain as many as 400 calories.:eek:
    Afternoon Gemo.
    TheElf wrote: »

Afternoon Elf, fine ta. You?

Indeed so. :rolleyes: You can't possibly retain information on something you have no understanding of!
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Evening all! :D

I am sat here in elfin leaf face paint after a fun day doing a face painting workshop! I had to stop off at the supermarket on the way home though...:o...it was remarkable how virtually noone batted an eyelid at my vista :D

The man on the till complemented me on my dramatic look! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    Evening all! :D

I am sat here in elfin leaf face paint after a fun day doing a face painting workshop! I had to stop off at the supermarket on the way home though...:o...it was remarkable how virtually noone batted an eyelid at my vista :D

The man on the till complemented me on my dramatic look! :D:D

Evening mink :D

You might have put up a picture :D
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Evening mink :D

You might have put up a picture :D

I was just going to say that...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »