Diagnosis Murder's Michael Tucci

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just been watching "We Go Together" video on YouTube and recognised Sonny LaTierri, as portrayed by Michael Tucci who is also Norman Briggs, the hospital administrator, on Diagnosis Murder. Hee hasn't changed a bit and is one of around 10 actors or so from the original Grease movie who went on to have a successful career. There is one similarity between the twwo characters: as Sonny, he was a bit of a laughing stock, as is Norman.
What a versatile actor. He also appered on the Garry Shandling show and Cagney and Lacey.

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    Just been watching "We Go Together" video on YouTube and recognised Sonny LaTierri, as portrayed by Michael Tucci who is also Norman Briggs, the hospital administrator, on Diagnosis Murder. Hee hasn't changed a bit and is one of around 10 actors or so from the original Grease movie who went on to have a successful career. There is one similarity between the twwo characters: as Sonny, he was a bit of a laughing stock, as is Norman.
    What a versatile actor. He also appered on the Garry Shandling show and Cagney and Lacey.

It was a shame Norman left Diagnosis Murder partway through its run
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did he leave or was he pushed because it was about the time the series started getting weird and using the terrible Van Dyke clan. His leaving was never really explained. Shame for the series whichever way it was done and that he didn't have more storylines outside the hospital.
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Did he leave or was he pushed because it was about the time the series started getting weird and using the terrible Van Dyke clan. His leaving was never really explained. Shame for the series whichever way it was done and that he didn't have more storylines outside the hospital.

Not sure but I seem to remember Michael Tucci appeared in was the 'The Murder of Mark Sloan.' Norman opened a letter bomb, we saw him recovering in hospital and then he vanished! A real shame because he was a great comedy character and Madison Wesley wasn't a patch on Norman.

Yes Diagnosis Murder is my guilty pleasure! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have got Mark and the IRS lady together they were great together plus I think to keep the series fresh maybe a wife for Steve. The last episode was the worst no wonder if wasn't recommisioned plus in the final series they must have had a funding cut because Jessie and Amanda became only part characters.
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i also like dm and liked the admin guy. has any one see murder 101 tv movies ? it is basically dm with a few changes.
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh I loved norman I always wondered where he went. What did happen in the last ever dm? I haven't seen that one
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chzza wrote: »
    Ahhh I loved norman I always wondered where he went. What did happen in the last ever dm? I haven't seen that one

It was quite a weird episode and I'm guessing the writers didn't expect to get cancelled. Episode was called 'The Blair Nurse Project' and involved one of the Van Dyke kids looking for answers to his mother's disappearance, with the help of more Van Dykes. :p It all gets a bit silly with ghost hunting and seances. Jesse wasn't even in the episode!!

The two made for TV movies which followed were much better and a return to form after the dodgy last two seasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »

He also appeared in a series centred around Law Students, "The Paper Chase".
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scot Baio as a doctor/hardman with mafia connections and a way with the ladies was like something out of Garth Marenghis Darkplace!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack was much better then Jesse.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack was much better then Jesse.

Have to disagree; I think Charlie Schlatter's character of Jesse Travis makes a more positive contribution to the series than Jack, played by Scott Baio.He has a much better on screen rapport with DVD and Barry Van Dyke, who lays Steve Sloan. Whenever it is an episode featuring Scott, I don't watch it. I did like him as Bugsy, though. Just the way he pronounced 'BloW - see'.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prilicla wrote: »
    i also like dm and liked the admin guy. has any one see murder 101 tv movies ? it is basically dm with a few changes.

They crop up regularly on Channel 5
    Mrs_Stig24 wrote: »

The two made for TV movies which followed were much better and a return to form after the dodgy last two seasons.

I seem to recall that the first one of those, A Town Without Pity was pretty complete a total rip-off of the classic film Bad Day At Black Rock
  • MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just watching an episode of JAG, and Michael Tucci is playing the priest who is with Mac when her father is dying. Very moving performance :)

I loved Norman :D:o:D he was the best character in DM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    They should have got Mark and the IRS lady together they were great together plus I think to keep the series fresh maybe a wife for Steve. The last episode was the worst no wonder if wasn't recommisioned plus in the final series they must have had a funding cut because Jessie and Amanda became only part characters.

was the IRS lady not also Evelyn (Charlie and Alan's mum in Two and a half men)??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I never got was bringing back the same actor to play a different part so quickly particularly, Stephanie Niznik, who blew up the hospital in Obsession then appeared shortly afterwards as a blind woman.