TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
Forum Member
✭✭
Watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4tYcP-0KsY with:
"NO, not the mind probe!"
and
"My dreeaaaammmsss of CONQUEST!"
:D:D:D

It got me thinking; what other really hilarious and/or poorly delivered lines have there been throughout Doctor Who's history?

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    I am the Doctor, ......amd you are the Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaleks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCUrrAoZag

Yes I know it wasnt in the actual show like that, but the recording made me cringe.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    "Hope the dragon gets you in the night"
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny Laird in Planet of the Spiders. You have to go a long way to beat her bizarre style of 'acting', a combination of stumbling madly over perfectly straightforward lines, yet still managing to deliver them in a weirdly bored monotone.
    "No I shan't... you shan't take him" and later "no no Sabor my love, why, why..." Had she got some sort of dirt on Barry Letts - can't imagine why she was cast otherwise! :)

And then of course there is the plank of wood named Rick James, arguably the very worst actor ever cast in Doctor Who. Whatever was the casting director thinking? A part written as a chirpy cockney chappie, so they cast an inexperienced West Indian... hmmm... was this some sort of old school colonial in joke on the part of the director. The character's called Cotton, so let's get a West Indian... not funny whatever way you look at it. Poor Rick James was horribly miscast, though his acting ability was so lacking, his timing all wrong, his diction and delivery just hopeless, he couldn't even stand still convincingly - so frankly he'd have been miscast in absolutely anything.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I am the Doctor, ......amd you are the Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaleks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCUrrAoZag

Yes I know it wasnt in the actual show like that, but the recording made me cringe.

It wasnt in the show so it doesnt count. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *monotone drawl* "They're going out, oh my god the stars are going out."
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three dreadful lines with dreadful delivery, all from Sarah Sutton as Nyssa:

1. The Watcher! So he was the Doctor all along!
    2. I know so little about telebiogenesis.
    3. What is this dreadful place?! (exploring Terminus)
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Put me down, I hate you!" comes to mind.

Not just a badly delivered line though, it was just a terrible line in general XD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy from A Good Man Goes to War who speaks to Lorna (the thin one?). When he's talking about The Gamma Forests, his delivery just sounds really unconvincing.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Everybody lives" as delivered by CE.

(I know I'm the only person in the entire universe who thinks this).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Who was that terrible. Woman!!"
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good one - but (he asks cheekily, then runs away and hides from the irate sh*tstorm that will surely follow) that's from Dimensions In Time isn't it? So is it canon...?
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to say why it annoyed me so, but at the very start of Arc of Infinity when the Doctor's bio data is being stolen some luckless techie is shot, responding to the imminent attack by saying "Impulse Laser?" in such a ridiculous way it's stayed with me for 30 years and counting. The Eng Lit and Greek history I was studying at the time, all gone, but that has stayed.....thanks, luckless techie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also really didn't like, as it was over-enunciated,:

"It's, The repair shop. What kind of Idiot. Would try 'nd steal a faulty. TAR-DISss."
  • saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the confusion in my mind!!

God bless ya, Rodney Bewes
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    "Everybody lives" as delivered by CE.

(I know I'm the only person in the entire universe who thinks this).

I wouldn't say it was badly delivered but that moment as a whole is overrated, IMO.

I find the "I said no" line from Bad Wolf a much more powerful scene from that era.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Madam, what year ith thith?"
  • HuknarHuknar Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, I believe most of what Jenna delivers as Clara are quite possibly awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(its not the lines wilf spoke before the dr left but his crying when hee knew the dr will go and die , that really uppset me , ok its not real but the dr rejectingg wilf and wilf realising though isnt hiss fault he killed the dr (he didnt) best acting from bernardd but reallyyy heart breaking crying eveen beat matts crying "the name of the dr" i never for a long timeee want to see that ever !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "They burned out Manisha's flat. White kids fire bombed it."

Ace trivialising the sensitive issue of racial hatred with a sub-Grange Hill performance from Sophie.
  • YosheeYoshee Posts: 407
    Forum Member

I haaaaaaaaaaaate yoouu. xD
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    It wasnt in the show so it doesnt count. :rolleyes:

It was a line used in the show, and that is how it was delivered in a recording by the star of the show so why doesnt it count? are you making up the rules?

Its crap and it counts :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "They burned out Manisha's flat. White kids fire bombed it."

Ace trivialising the sensitive issue of racial hatred with a sub-Grange Hill performance from Sophie.

In The Wedding of River Song, Amy's 'You took my baby from, and you hurt her, but now she's fine' is an awful line, and awful expressed. Karen Gillan has always been incapable of delivering lines right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "A megabyte modem!"

"How utterly evil!"

"There's nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality!"

Ah. Episode 14 of The Trial of a Time Lord. It's as though the actors really wanted to convey the crapness of Pip and Jane's script.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Yoshee wrote: »
    I haaaaaaaaaaaate yoouu. xD

Terrible isn't it? So amateurish. :D