KitKat for Nexus 7 and 10 today!

Comments

• corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Running KRT16S on my 2012 Nexus 7, first impressions are that it seems to be snappier.

Although I appear to have lost my custom recovery and root.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I know if that small update ? The KRT number

I had already installed stock Kit-Kat myself but, following the small Google update this week my 2013 Wi-Fi only Nexus 7 is still running build number KRT160 but with a Kernel dated Wed Oct 23.
  • corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After I flashed KRT16O I was immediately prompted to install a system update and after a reboot I was on 16S.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corf wrote: »
    After I flashed KRT16O I was immediately prompted to install a system update and after a reboot I was on 16S.

Maybe I have another to come then. The version I am running seems absolutely stable with no issues so I'll wait until Google finally get around to making it available to me OTA.
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Android 4.4 kitkat downloading now on my 2012 Nexus 7:D
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruddiger wrote: »

....the same on a 2013 Nexus 7.
  • DarreninessexDarreninessex Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    ruddiger wrote: »

Grrrrr

Nothing here
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nor here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Just got it installed on my Nexus 7 Mk I
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    I've just completed the installation on 2013 Nexus 7 after receiving a prompt to install, took about 5 minutes to install completely and reboot.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least we know it's happening at last!
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth the wait? Those that got it.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloaded 4.4 to my almost 17 month old Nexus 7 a few mins ago.
    Will now see how long it takes before my Nexus 4 gets the 4.4 update.

Darren
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »

To be honest, I haven't a clue what it all means.... I just assumed it was something good as people had posted about waiting for it to be released so installed it once the notification beeped this evening.

The only difference I've noticed so far is the wifi and battery indicators are now white instead of blue which confused me. (I'm easily confused)

So... what does it all mean?? What changes should I be noticing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Nexus 7 home page now takes 2 seconds longer than it did before to load up.

Darren
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

Seems much smoother and faster to me.
    Forum Member
    ney wrote: »
    My Nexus 7 home page now takes 2 seconds longer than it did before to load up.

Darren

I've just turned mine off and back on again and can't say I noticed it took much longer to load up... the new bouncy balls 'logo' whilst it's loading looks a bit too much like the BT Sports logo.

I've also noticed you can now delete messages straight from the notifications, you don't have to access the email account to delete them which is great
    Forum Member
    First problem I've come across... if you use the camera or video and try and change the settings, the camera/video freezes and won't work unless you reboot and then it immediately freezes again.

Four times I've got the 'camera isn't responding, do you want to close it' then I get 'Unfortunately the camera has stopped'.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Forum Member
    And the Kindle app isn't syncing.. I lose wifi signal when I open the app... then when I close it, the wifi signal comes back:confused:

Time for TMS, at least the Iplayer radio app is working.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ria Vega wrote: »
    I've just turned mine off and back on again and can't say I noticed it took much longer to load up... the new bouncy balls 'logo' whilst it's loading looks a bit too much like the BT Sports logo.

I've also noticed you can now delete messages straight from the notifications, you don't have to access the email account to delete them which is great

Yes I did notice it looked a bit like the BT sports logo.
    Never noticed that you can now delete messages straight from the notifications.
    My home screen dose seem to take two seconds or so longer to load up but after that my Nexus 7 works great and its better than before.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Nexus 4 just started the update to 4.4

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    My 2012 Nexus 7 updated last night to 4.4. So far no real noticeable differences other than a new boot screen and a fiddly new wallpaper cropper. I'm one of the few people who preferred the previous one which showed you the outlines of the screen's shape and where it would fit on your wallpaper. This one seems too skittish. I have to move the image slightly to the left of what I see to make it fit centrally on the screen. Too fiddly and imprecise for me.

Otherwise it doesn't seem any faster particularly. I suppose there are a lot of new Google apps there but I'm not sure I'll use them.
  • PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had the update waiting for me this morning so not had much of a chance to look

Do not like the new ugly white notification bar
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the update on my N7, I don't understand why Google are keeping GEL an exclusive, it's such an Apple thing to do.

I did however sideload it from Android Police and it works fine.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Got the update on my N7, I don't understand why Google are keeping GEL an exclusive, it's such an Apple thing to do.

I did however sideload it from Android Police and it works fine.

What is GEL ?