Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose2145 wrote: »
    I met Olly Murs after a gig and he was more than happy to make sure everyone had an autograph and a picture with him and he seemed like a genuine, lovely man.

The X Factor must have mellowed him, he was a show-off with an over-inflated opinion of himself on Deal Or No Deal according to my neighbour (she went to see a few games being filmed, his was one of them)
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I met Susan Boyle last week , and she was a lovely person . Very down to earth and a plaesure to chat with:)
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher Chittell ('Eric Pollard' from 'Emmerdale') - Really nice guy and a gentleman.
    Andy Taylor, formerly of Duran Duran - Down to earth, intelligent and fun.
    Donna Mayers, a former 'Mr and Mrs' hostess - Very nice, friendly and charming.
    Tomas Ledin, Swedish singer/musician - An absolute gentleman, well mannered and a lovely man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Don't know if any members here are familiar with the old Canadian band, The Guess Who ("These Eyes", "No Sugar Tonight", etc.)

Burton Cummings, the singer and frontman of that band was and is a total jerk, just full of himself. Legend in his own mind sort of a creature, much like Cilla Black is, from what I've been reading here. Avoid him at all costs...he's nasty.

I had the displeasure of meeting him a few years ago after having been exposed to the likes of him many years back and he looked right down his beak at me as if I was a cockroach on a wedding cake, same as he did when I first met him.. Pure scathing hatred, like I ever did anything to that piece of ****!

On the other hand, Randy Bachman, who was touring with the walking, talking turd, was very, very nice. It made up for Cummings' vitriol. He's another founding member of The Guess Who, and later, Bachman/Overdrive ("You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet). Really wonderful guy. His son was on the tour as well, and like his father, he was down to earth, nice and easy to speak with.

I have more scoop about various Canadian bands if anyone is interested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    The favourite Canadian actor I've met is Donald Sutherland. You wouldn't believe what a nice man he is.

I met him back in 1977 (I'm old-ish) and he overtook the room with his presence, he really did. Know how when you meet certain celebs, they appear to be much smaller in real life than you imagine them to be?

Donald Sutherland wasn't like that. He's very tall, and he glided into the room, wearing a black velvet jacket, and he had a full head of silvery blonde hair.

Know how when you meet certain celebs, they don't look anything like they do in their photos/films?

Donald Sutherland was like that; he looked infinitely better in person than he ever did on film and in photos. You wouldn't believe it. I wasn't the only female who swooned when he entered the room!

This was at the Toronto Film Festival. We had to buy tickets to get booze. I tore off two tickets (two drinks) and toddled off to the bar to obtain two vodka and tacky Tang mix before I had the nerve to approach Mr. Sutherland.

My friend bet me a quarter that he wouldn't dance with me to the music that was playing -- disco stuff. I bet her that he would...after the cheap vodka/Tang concoction went hurtling down me muzzle and connected with the grey matter.

I didn't know how to approach him as he looked so regal. I brushed his elbow gently with my hand so that he would look at me, which he did, in a questioning way.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked him.

"It would be my pleasure, thanks for asking, I was hoping that someone would, I'm so bored!" Mr. Sutherland replied, and he took me into his arms.

We danced to a song and talked all the way through. What a guy, he was so nice. He asked me, "And what films have you been in, I recognize your face!"

Me: "I'm not an actress, I work at Travelers Insurance Company as a secretary!"

Donald: "No, that I can't believe!|

Really nice man. A charming man. The best. And I got my quarter, too. ;)
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dodoboid wrote: »
    The favourite Canadian actor I've met is Donald Sutherland. You wouldn't believe what a nice man he is.

I met him back in 1977 (I'm old-ish) and he overtook the room with his presence, he really did. Know how when you meet certain celebs, they appear to be much smaller in real life than you imagine them to be?

Donald Sutherland wasn't like that. He's very tall, and he glided into the room, wearing a black velvet jacket, and he had a full head of silvery blonde hair.

Know how when you meet certain celebs, they don't look anything like they do in their photos/films?

Donald Sutherland was like that; he looked infinitely better in person than he ever did on film and in photos. You wouldn't believe it. I wasn't the only female who swooned when he entered the room!

This was at the Toronto Film Festival. We had to buy tickets to get booze. I tore off two tickets (two drinks) and toddled off to the bar to obtain two vodka and tacky Tang mix before I had the nerve to approach Mr. Sutherland.

My friend bet me a quarter that he wouldn't dance with me to the music that was playing -- disco stuff. I bet her that he would...after the cheap vodka/Tang concoction went hurtling down me muzzle and connected with the grey matter.

I didn't know how to approach him as he looked so regal. I brushed his elbow gently with my hand so that he would look at me, which he did, in a questioning way.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked him.

"It would be my pleasure, thanks for asking, I was hoping that someone would, I'm so bored!" Mr. Sutherland replied, and he took me into his arms.

We danced to a song and talked all the way through. What a guy, he was so nice. He asked me, "And what films have you been in, I recognize your face!"

Me: "I'm not an actress, I work at Travelers Insurance Company as a secretary!"

Donald: "No, that I can't believe!|

Really nice man. A charming man. The best. And I got my quarter, too. ;)

What a fantastic story :) it's nice to hear about nice celebs, and that they aren't all bad :D
  • wolfie1968wolfie1968 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Dodoboid wrote: »
    Don't know if any members here are familiar with the old Canadian band, The Guess Who ("These Eyes", "No Sugar Tonight", etc.)

Burton Cummings, the singer and frontman of that band was and is a total jerk, just full of himself. Legend in his own mind sort of a creature, much like Cilla Black is, from what I've been reading here. Avoid him at all costs...he's nasty.

I had the displeasure of meeting him a few years ago after having been exposed to the likes of him many years back and he looked right down his beak at me as if I was a cockroach on a wedding cake, same as he did when I first met him.. Pure scathing hatred, like I ever did anything to that piece of ****!

On the other hand, Randy Bachman, who was touring with the walking, talking turd, was very, very nice. It made up for Cummings' vitriol. He's another founding member of The Guess Who, and later, Bachman/Overdrive ("You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet). Really wonderful guy. His son was on the tour as well, and like his father, he was down to earth, nice and easy to speak with.

I have more scoop about various Canadian bands if anyone is interested.

Hello there, I'm a BIG fan of the rock group rush, I would be chuffed to little mint balls if you could tell me if you have met them (even Neil peart, fans will know what I mean lol)
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A drama teacher and some of the drama students at my school were on a trip to New York a few years back. They went into a chapel in New York when who else but Piers Brosnan was in praying. For some bizarre reason, the teacher decided to ask him for an autograph (in the middle of a chapel :confused:) and was told to kindly f**k off by Mr. Brosnan :D
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    The only celebrities I've met are footballers and some are nice guys but an awful lot are arrogant and think they're better than everyone else, working class + £££££ is not a good combination in my experience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    ^ unless you've got big tits, no shame and a smartphone, obviously.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    A drama teacher and some of the drama students at my school were on a trip to New York a few years back. They went into a chapel in New York when who else but Piers Brosnan was in praying. For some bizarre reason, the teacher decided to ask him for an autograph (in the middle of a chapel :confused:) and was told to kindly f**k off by Mr. Brosnan :D

Well, as long as he didn't take the Lord's name in vain, in God's own house....
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

Language like that in a chapel! :eek:
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    The only celebrities I've met are footballers and some are nice guys but an awful lot are arrogant and think they're better than everyone else, working class + £££££ is not a good combination in my experience.

You mean like Cheryl?
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    ...but what did they do wrong? :eek:
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I'm really curious now - can't you give a clue? Go on!

Named after an animal which is regularly "culled"
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Don't let the curious posters in this thread badger you over who it was. Be ruthless!

Well done :D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    Tony Robinson - met him some years ago (and wrote to him a couple of times) and he's a good bloke :) He was happy to talk with you and quite funny :)
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louie Spence.

A family member's company had a contract at a manchester hotel and one morning when said family member was working there with his colleagues they woke up poor old Louie who came out of his room (not wearing much i am told) and gave them a tirade of abuse screaming and shouting.

Said family member is a pretty unassuming quiet guy who I have never known to lie to so i am inclined to believe him.

I only wish i was there to have seen Spence shouting and screaming, would have had me in stitches.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip Schofield - distant and bored (although this was Gordon the Gopher days and there are only so many schoolgirls you can entertain).
    Brian Molko - an absolute honey. Nicest person you could ever meet and actually cares about people.
    Kele Okereke - also fab. Really shy but a nice man and reports of him being a tit are so wrong. The rest of Bloc Party are great guys too.
    All of Friendly Fires - so very nice and so very normal. Liked them a lot.
    Pete Burns - may as well have a flashing neon sign on his head with "look at me I am Pete Burns on it". I'm surprised he even notices anyone else in the world exists apart from himself. Nearly wet myself laughing afterwards.
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Molko - an absolute honey. Nicest person you could ever meet and actually cares about people.

Brian Molko is lovely :) I've met him twice and he's been great both times. As is Stefan Olsdal, my cousin knows Stefan really well too and says he's a great bloke.
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum had Val from Emmerdale in her shop the other day. My mum said she was absolutely lovely, she was with her mum and referred to herself with her normal name (rather than her stage name) and was extremely self deprecating.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    Brian Molko is lovely :) I've met him twice and he's been great both times. As is Stefan Olsdal, my cousin knows Stefan really well too and says he's a great bloke.

Your cousin is right Stefan is lovely - he always gives me a kiss and I always go pink and squeak thank you. Steve Forrest is hot and give massive hugs. Brian is much less snuggly but I think it's because I am completely in awe of him. I've met him 4 times now and still get all wobbly beforehand. I'm sure he thinks I'm a complete idiot. Nice to see another Placebo fan around.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member

He/she fully deserved it.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »

Seconded. How rude.
  • LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »

I take it then that you're a fan of the repressive English class system where the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor?
    Lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »

I think tellnig her to f off was wrong however she/he should have left him alone while he was praying she/he could have waited till he was finnished.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Anthony Worral Thompson in my local Tescos. He wouldnt stop and talk to me or anyone else. He just rushed off when he was recognised :D True story :p