This week is Phil Collinson's last week on Corrie

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
Forum Member
✭✭
Source: https://twitter.com/Cath_Tyldesley/status/281423893774888960

So I guess that Stuart starts when production begins again after Christmas? Which means we'll probably see his first episodes in Feb/March.

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,942
    Forum Member
    I bet the likes of Kim and Anthony are already preparing to kiss the ass of their new ep :D
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Poor Corrie for having got that useless producer from Emmerdale.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss phil collinson - overall his corrie time has been very enjoyable with some great new characters and stories
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Source: https://twitter.com/Cath_Tyldesley/status/281423893774888960

So I guess that Stuart starts when production begins again after Christmas? Which means we'll probably see his first episodes in Feb/March.

Lets see how many characters he culls for short term gains.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    I'll miss phil collinson - overall his corrie time has been very enjoyable with some great new characters and stories

Yes I agree with that. Looking back overall, Corrie has been pretty good, as evidenced by the ratings, which consistently show it to be the most watched soap.

(Not sure how long that will last once SB takes over).:(
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I'm always curious as to how these sorts of transitions run. Presumably, any arcs or storylines that Phil was mid-development of, he would have to liase with Stuart and either hope that Stuart agreed with the vision and continued them, or Stuart would change the direction!

I do wonder Phil and Stuart think similarly re the street or if we are going to see any noticeable changes :)
  • lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart will be better suited for Corrie as its an urban soap!

When does Kate Oates take over?
    She's suited for Emmerdale as she worked on the Archers! I'm looking forward to her era
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there's three long running storylines going at the minute, the domestic violence (though this looks ready to come to an end within the next couple of months), the surrogacy and Marcus and Maria. Anything else will be over within the next few weeks and then Blackburn's reign will be begin and we'll be watching his stuff from around the end of February I imagine.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    Bryan Kirkwood is an example of being good in one soap and rubbish in another.

Stuart might work well with Corrie :) We should at least give him a chance, despite him ruining Emmerdale from what I've read.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart will be better suited for Corrie as its an urban soap!

When does Kate Oates take over?
    She's suited for Emmerdale as she worked on the Archers! I'm looking forward to her era

Stuart is presumably leaving Emmerdale this week too. So, Kate should begin in January.

Phil started off really well at Corrie, but the past year or so has been terrible. Carla has also been ruined, which is a shame. I think Stuart might work well for Corrie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say it's a great thing for Corrie as I think it's been crap under Collinson but then I remember its gaining Stuart Blackbrun.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if any long standing characters get killed offscreen by Blackburn.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart is presumably leaving Emmerdale this week too. So, Kate should begin in January.

Phil started off really well at Corrie, but the past year or so has been terrible. Carla has also been ruined, which is a shame. I think Stuart might work well for Corrie.

Maybe this is why they do change producers every few years or so. It must be hard for them not to get 'stale' eventually and run out of ideas. Maybe it's not a bad thing, (although I'm reserving judgement on SB going to Corrie and just keeping fingers firmly crossed). :)
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

Hope so, Rita is someone who needs to leave.
  • ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait until PC has gone. His work has mainly been terrible since the tram crash with the odd glimmer of hope shining through (no pun intended).
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

I assume you are refering to Viv and Terry? That happened in Gavin Blyth's reign
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,157
    Forum Member
    I assume you are refering to Viv and Terry? That happened in Gavin Blyth's reign

That restores my faith a little bit more :)
  • Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. His time as producer has been pretty mediocre overall; no great loss imo. Only downside of his absence is that Stuart Blackburn is up next. Let's hope he doesn't totally blow this one.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Collinson and Blackburn seem to have a pretty similar style imo.

Yes, he may have his own idea of directions for characters to go in. However I think from a behind-the-scenes perspective the tone, type of stories and the way they're told probably won't change all that much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight makes me sad about this news. At least he's leaving on a high point - and not an exploding rovers return in sight.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

I don't particularly agree that this 'past year or so has been terrible' - I've suffered through terrible Corrie (even to the point where I just had to stop watching for 6 months it had got so bad), so I'm pretty certain this year hasn't been that bad IMO.

Looking back on the year we had Becky's exit, Lewis's return and Audrey's diemma, the fantastic Tyrone and Kirsty storyline, Frank's murder, Peter/Carla/Leanne... now I agree not all of this will have been to everyone's taste but I've largely enjoyed it. A few duds - the surrogate story has been misjudged IMO - but nothing so bad that I'd stop watching.

He's maintained the sense of community and quite a few characters have been developed well. Highlights for me are Eva and Kylie who have come on leaps and bounds this year. I'm crossing my fingers 2013 will both be their year as they are great characters.

I haven't watched Emmerdale in a while so I don't really know how bad SB is but I for one am gutted Phil's going. The show was in the pits before he arrived and he's done such a fantastic job. But on the other hand I do think long-running soaps need a change at the top every couple of years so it was probably the right time for him to move on. I just hope and pray Blackburn doesn't mess things up - Corrie under Phil has produced episodes like tonight's, like Carla's rape and I really hope that sort of ambitious storytelling remains as it was sadly absent before he joined the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I don't particularly agree that this 'past year or so has been terrible' - I've suffered through terrible Corrie (even to the point where I just had to stop watching for 6 months it had got so bad), so I'm pretty certain this year hasn't been that bad IMO.

Looking back on the year we had Becky's exit, Lewis's return and Audrey's diemma, the fantastic Tyrone and Kirsty storyline, Frank's murder, Peter/Carla/Leanne... now I agree not all of this will have been to everyone's taste but I've largely enjoyed it. A few duds - the surrogate story has been misjudged IMO - but nothing so bad that I'd stop watching.

He's maintained the sense of community and quite a few characters have been developed well. Highlights for me are Eva and Kylie who have come on leaps and bounds this year. I'm crossing my fingers 2013 will both be their year as they are great characters.

I haven't watched Emmerdale in a while so I don't really know how bad SB is but I for one am gutted Phil's going. The show was in the pits before he arrived and he's done such a fantastic job. But on the other hand I do think long-running soaps need a change at the top every couple of years so it was probably the right time for him to move on. I just hope and pray Blackburn doesn't mess things up - Corrie under Phil has produced episodes like tonight's, like Carla's rape and I really hope that sort of ambitious storytelling remains as it was sadly absent before he joined the show.

And Xin. Don't forget Xin. :D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. Also Dennis, Ken and Emily.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »

No, no, no and no. :eek:
  • ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

Absolutely.