Best one for all remote

Had a Kameleon one for all remote for years but since bought a Humax box and a new Samsung LED TV and it's no longer compatible and looking for a remote that will do everything my Sammy and Hummy remote does plus operate my DVD recorder and CD player. Only need to control 4 devices. Any suggestions?

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    I used the five device 7556 (black variant of the silver 7555 model) for many years until I wore the buttons out and switched to a Harmony 555. You may want to also look at the Harmony 300 which is an inexpensive and popular choice.
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    ...bought a Humax box and a new Samsung LED TV...Only need to control 4 devices. Any suggestions?
    If the Humax is an HD recorder, you should be able to set its remote to control the TV and DVD/BD. The fourth button is for audio but I don't know if that equates to a standalone CD player.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    If the Humax is an HD recorder, you should be able to set its remote to control the TV and DVD/BD. The fourth button is for audio but I don't know if that equates to a standalone CD player.

The latest boxes don't have multifunction remotes.

The base level Logitech Harmony is likely to be the best option for the OP

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-300-Remote-Universal/dp/B003BJTPBW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368453097&sr=8-2&keywords=harmony+300i+remote
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    I used the five device 7556 (black variant of the silver 7555 model) for many years until I wore the buttons out and switched to a Harmony 555. You may want to also look at the Harmony 300 which is an inexpensive and popular choice.

I love my Harmony 555. Best remote I've ever had. I'm not sure what I'll do if it gives up the ghost as I'm put off the newer rechargeable models by what I've heard is a poor battery life.

It's a shame as I love the concept of holding all of your settings in the cloud. I don't mind spending a few hours setting up when I know that my settings are safe.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    It's a shame as I love the concept of holding all of your settings in the cloud. I don't mind spending a few hours setting up when I know that my settings are safe.

I like that however when I replaced my Harmony the software wouldn't transfer custom keys to a different device (a different model) - I thought that was the whole point and so was very disappointed.
    Forum Member
    Perhaps time to stock up on a few spare 555's?
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    I like that however when I replaced my Harmony the software wouldn't transfer custom keys to a different device (a different model) - I thought that was the whole point and so was very disappointed.

That's a shame. I wondered how compatible it would be across devices.
    gomezz wrote: »
    Perhaps time to stock up on a few spare 555's?

There is one one Amazon for £229 :eek:
    Forum Member
    I only paif £39 for mine three years ago.