Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fame (2009) - 2/10
    Surprisingly dull and forgettable. There's more life in Into Great Silence than this, for god's sake.

Rollerball (2002) - 2/10
    This is what 'lolwut' was invented for.

Death Race (2008) - 4/10
    Note to self: do not watch any more remakes for at least a month.

Please be good to me tomorrow, Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011), Homicide (1991) and Control (2007).
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Of Silence (Lal gece) (2012) 6/10
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hindenburg. 7/10. Interesting movie, can't see it getting a remake anytime soon.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    They Won't Believe Me (1947) - 7/10
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anchorman - Absolutely hilarious.

Great cast of cameos from a few funny men.

I can't believe I haven't watched this before now.

8/10.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The World's End (LINK)

This film was extremely disappointing. I loved "Shaun of the Dead". I enjoyed "Hot Fuzz". So naturally I thought this film was going to be as good as those. Instead we got a badly thought out idea turned into a very bland film. There are some laughs but not enough to save it.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    The Hindenburg. 7/10. Interesting movie, can't see it getting a remake anytime soon.
    it's only been 2 years since the Lauren Lee Smith tv-movie version so methinks they'd have to wait a wee bit longer. :)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black Knight which was on Film 4 HD I gave it 4 out of 10.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    The World's End (LINK)

This film was extremely disappointing. I loved "Shaun of the Dead". I enjoyed "Hot Fuzz". So naturally I thought this film was going to be as good as those. Instead we got a badly thought out idea turned into a very bland film. There are some laughs but not enough to save it.

Have this one to watch some time.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last Days On Mars

Awful sci-fi, about a team of astronauts who stumble upon some bacteria on Mars that, wait for it, turns them into zombies!!!! Utterly naff.

2/10

The Place Beyond The Pines

Really enjoyable drama set in 3 parts. The final act dragged slightly and lost momentum but overall a mostly engrossing experience with some neat twists & turns.

7/10
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The Right Stuff (1983) Epic story of the early days of the space race and the first American astronauts. 7/10
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    The Worlds End - Basically Shaun of the Dead with robots, Pegg and Frost do make me giggle though so it wasn't that bad. 6.5/10
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perks of being a wallflower my god not what i was expecting. wow was i wrong it was really harsh to watch really engossing dont be put off by the cutsey title its a very good film

8/10
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn - 7/10
    I'm not keen on animated films, but it's Tintin! I hadn't seen this type of animation before and it was creepy as ****. At times, it seemed as if there were real actors wearing cartoon-like masks. Took me a while to get used to it. In spite of that, I found the film surprisingly entertaining and rather fun.
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sleepless, 2001 Italian film on the horror channel.

7/10 It was a great who done it? well worth a watch.
  • finklyfinkly Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Gleaners and I - The stuff about gleaning is interesting and it has a lot of good stuff to say about wastage and charity but Varda's own interjections are at best distracting and worst pretty irritating. 6/10

Philadelphia - love it. It never feels syrupy or sentimental and I don't think Hanks has been better. Denzel's great too. 8/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conan the Barbarian [2011]. Director: Marcus Nispel

7/10

Lacks the mythic qualities of the John Milius 1982 film but Jason "Khal Drogo" Momoa is far more convincing in the title role than that Austrian bodybuilder. Unfortunately this film flopped so Arnie is supposedly back in the next film in the franchise.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Hugo - 6.5/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fortress [2012]. Director: Mike Phillips

5/10

Direct-to-video WW2 movie. "No B-17s were harmed in the making of this picture" as they were all CGI. The swearing and boozing seem very 21st Century but the combat scenes work well enough on a limited budget.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Deception (2000) with Ben Affleck, Charlize Theron, James Frain and Gary Sinise.
    Enjoyable if highly implausible movie. Affleck isn't really tough enough for this kind of role. Theron surprisingly good. Sinise excellent as a vile sadist. Frain excellent too but doesn't have enough screen time. 8/10.
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quantum of Solace

Brutal Bond Biffs Bully-Boy Baddies in razor-sharp 'Royale resumption. Craig-haters - choke on it. He f*ckin' rules in this. 8/10

Yay! I have this on dvd to watch so am really looking forward to it now! I loved Daniel Craig in Skyfall
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perks of being a wallflower my god not what i was expecting. wow was i wrong it was really harsh to watch really engossing dont be put off by the cutsey title its a very good film

8/10

Thank you! I HAVE been put off by the cutesy title so I will look out for that one

I'm going to see GRAVITY tonight and have deliberately not read reviews as I like to go in with no expectations! lol
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chopper - 10/10

Very very darkly funny.

American History X - 7/10

I understand that it is probably a pretty good film, but it is completely devoid of any humour whatsoever that its hard to watch tbh.

Gravity - 10/10

It was brilliant, actually brilliant. It looked and sounded incredible (in 3D)
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 368,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Little Mermaid
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 Guns (LINK)

This is a fun action film and man was I surprised about that. I never heard of it (somehow I missed the trailers) but when I saw who was in it I had to watch. Smart move. Like I had said, it was a fun film and the two lead actors, Denzel Washington & Mark Wahlberg, have terrific chemistry together. They're clearly having fun onscreen and I do hope that they do a sequel.
This discussion has been closed.