Playing it Straight making a return

Comments

• LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I wasn't being mean. Just correcting you because I thought you were being a grammar Nazi lol. :p

Yeah well he is certainly playing the game very well, if you know what I mean. ;)

Hell no haha it was pointed out with affection I love his tweets:)

And yes I do ;)
  • Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    I just think it could be more interesting if they didn't base it on preconceived stereotypes. The show promotes them to then refute them. If that's the case, I'll admit that maybe I got the show wrong. Ultimately surely it is the woman picking who looks the biggest prat for believing such stereotypes in the first place. :D

I don't think she has been really going for stereotypes. I think she picked guys who are her "type", regardless of anything else.

The only way to pick is by tring to pick up on lying cues or other give-aways.

For example I think she got rid of Jordan because of the "when did you come out" thing but that convinced me that he was straight because he was not on his guard for that phrase. I think he took it as meaning "when did you leave home".

The same thing happened with Andrei when he was supposed to be convincing her that he was straight he started telling her a story about avoiding drunken sex, because in his mind it was so obvious that he was straight that he saw it as a competition only with the other straight guys.

I think Sven (he tries too hard) and Sam are gay.

Not sure if both Dean and Danny are straight but they could be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the one "shocker" who turns out to be gay will be Sven. I was convinced he was straight until Mitch's comment about him when he left the show. Also, there's so much gameplaying going on with him that I think he's definitely there for the money.

I was also convinced Danny was straight, but I've completely changed my mind now.

I think Dean is the only straight guy left. I also think he has the best chance of winning at the moment.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the one "shocker" who turns out to be gay will be Sven. I was convinced he was straight until Mitch's comment about him when he left the show. Also, there's so much gameplaying going on with him that I think he's definitely there for the money.

I was also convinced Danny was straight, but I've completely changed my mind now.

I think Dean is the only straight guy left. I also think he has the best chance of winning at the moment.....

That's EXACTLY what I think. Will see if we are right! :)
  • sweetchicksweetchick Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    does anyone have episode 1? as i have seen them all but missed the first episode.
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I too think I'm in agreement with you now. I guessed at the beginning that Sven was gay, but only because he seemed the most straight one at the time (before Jordan) and hence too obvious. I'm fairly confident that he is a very clever gay guy who knows how to play this game.

Danny's appearance and speech are quite "gay", but his mannerisms aren't - if that makes sense. Therefore, I guessed he might be one of the straight ones. However, I'm doubting that now and think he might also be playing the game, but not as well as Sven. He looks as if he's trying to hide his true feelings a lot of the time.

I went for the double-bluff with Sam, but am finding it hard to see him as a straight man and am beginning to think that Dean might be the only straight one left. However, when it comes to swap or no swap, I'm doing a no swap. Therefore, my original guesses stand (even though I think only one of them is right now!):

Danny - Straight
    Dean - Gay
    Sam - Straight
    Sven - Gay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If there is a "shocker" then I guess it will be Sven.

But I think, at that tomato throwing thing he gave himself away. Whether you are gay or straight, male or female the normal thing to do when being pelted with large fruit is to try to protect yourself.

The fact that he didn't and made a point of just standing there suggested to me that he was not acting normally and therefore had something to hide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sven works in a gay bar. Doesn't mean he is gay, but still.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My initial predictions for the remaining three were:

Danny - Gay
    Sam - Gay
    Dean - Gay
    Sven - Straight

I now think they are all gay apart from Dean because of little things Sven has been doing. But who knows, I've been right so far each week so maybe I should stick to my initial predictions?
  • chocolatebuttonchocolatebutton Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    So who does everyone think Cara will pick?

I'm going for Danny, as she seems to really like him and if he was gay he'd probably be the one she'd most want to have the money.
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm making my final predictions

Danny Gay
    Sven Gay
    Sam Gay
    Dean Straight

the one im still swithering with is Sven but screw it if im wrong about him im wrong!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we could make a list of our predictions and see on Monday how we did :) I've added predictions from the last few pages but only ones that were in a list, so if anyone wants to add then just copy and paste and add yours on.

Danny Gay
    Sven Gay
    Sam Gay
    Dean Straight

the one im still swithering with is Sven but screw it if im wrong about him im wrong!
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    Therefore, my original guesses stand (even though I think only one of them is right now!):

Danny - Straight
    Dean - Gay
    Sam - Straight
    Sven - Gay
    Merrt wrote:
    Ahh it's not long now! What a great series!

My final predo's:

sam gay
    sven gay
    danny straight
    dean straight

danny to win!
    MB88 wrote: »
    This is my prediction:

Danny: Straight
    Sven: Gay (shocker)
    Sam: Gay
    Dean: Straight (shocker)
    smile371 wrote: »
    But my predictions for the final are :-

Sam - Straight (Although i seem to be in the minority here :o)
    Sven - Gay (and this is the one i've been most sure of, i think him telling Cara he doesn't fancy her is so he doesn't hurt her or give her any false impressions)
    Dean - Straight
    Danny - Straight

So lets expect pretty much the opposite! :p
    misssf wrote: »
    Thus... my final predictions are -

Sam - GAY
    Sven - GAY
    Danny - STRAIGHT
    Dean - STRAIGHT

If Dean isn't straight I'll eat my hat. So sexy!

Changed my mind on Sven from the last episode. Also been swayed by the Ben spolier but going to go with my original guess;
    SAM-GAY
    SVEN- GAY
    DANNY- STRAIGHT
    DEAN- STRAIGHT
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donia1988 wrote: »
    Kara really made my blood boil on tues, it was unbelievably obvious that Jordan was straight! Plus he was fit, I enjoyed perving on him! I knew he wasn’t gay because he never mentioned his sexuality and when he first came in he said ‘ wow, I really cant tell whos gay!’ – a gay person would be straight on the look out. A massive clue to his sexuality and I don’t know if anyone else picked this up… when ever he hugged Kara he would put his hands on her lower back around her bum – that’s how men hug women they are romantically linked to (and a girl places her arms around the mans neck) And probably the most biggest clue of all.. you could sometimes pick up on his awkwardness, most straight men just don’t know what to say or where to look when the topic or atmosphere becomes homosexual. Not because they are homophobic or anything they just seem uncomfortable or bemused. He stuck out like a sore thumb as the only straight one left after Levi left!

Levi was another one, it was obvious he was straight. He wasn’t intelligent enough to pull off a lie, he was very simple and ‘what you see is what you get’, he never pushed his sexuality, when asked he would spend more time saying how effeminate some of his habits are and how he understands why people mis-interpret it but you could just tell he was straight, there was is something very innocent and unconscientious about the way he is, plus he mentioned girls a few times.

I must admit I thought Ben was straight, because he was so camp, I thought he was the straight one and his less camp twin Sam would turn out to be gay! I was wrong, im glad she kept him in for as long as she did tho as he was adoreable!

Danny and Dean are so obviously gay, Dean blinks a lot and looks very uncomfortable when she is doing the eliminations and Danny is so camp! They are both sly and have each others backs – you can tell it’s a game to them 2 and I reckon they are having some secret fling cos the way they are together just aint right.

Sam could be either, he isn’t actually that camp when u see him with Kara he seems quite comfortable however I think Kara wants him to be straight and has forsaken far more reliable contestants to save him. And he seems genuinely nervous during eliminations, which indicates hes lying. but im quite torn.

I don’t really like Sven, I think hes a game player and I seen someone say before on here they think hes asexual, iv thought this before! I cannot work him out but seeing him argue with other contestants makes me think hes gay, because straight men don’t argue and bitch with each other like that and he also has a burning desire to win which makes you question his character. He also said ‘im going to be extra careful of what I say and how I act’ I think hes more likely to be gay - but hes a strange one for sure!

Kara is so stupid, shes a lovely girl but she follows her heart instead of her head, she wants to believe that these men shes learned to love are being genuine to her like she is them but that’s not how the game works. Her gaydar is pretty rubbish , I haven’t always been right about the contestants iv gotten 1 or 2 wrong but she fails to spot the obvious, or ignores it to avoid getting hurt (even though its inevitable!) … I cant believe she sent Jordan home and kept Dean and Danny! He was the only reliable one left.

She is probably going to lose now I think, I think Sam and Sven are the only 2 hopes she has left, even though its increasingly unlikely either of them are straight.. I hope Sam comes through for her though.

You were doing so well up to that point :P How on earth i you think Ben was straight!? I'm also pretty sure danny will be straight, h's just a cheeky essex boy to me an sure he's camp but that doesn't equal gay!
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we could make a list of our predictions and see on Monday how we did :) I've added predictions from the last few pages but only ones that were in a list, so if anyone wants to add then just copy and paste and add yours on.

Changed my mind on Sven from the last episode. Also been swayed by the Ben spolier but going to go with my original guess;
    SAM-GAY
    SVEN- GAY
    DANNY- STRAIGHT
    DEAN- STRAIGHT

You didn't include mine! An I'v been 100% correct lol...I think

sven GAY ('**** off' from Cara)
    Sam GAY
    Danny STRAIGHT
    Dean is the only one i cant figure out..i've been back an forth an im leaning towards straight but could easily be gay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    You didn't include mine! An I'v been 100% correct lol...I think

sven GAY ('**** off' from Cara)
    Sam GAY
    Danny STRAIGHT
    Dean is the only one i cant figure out..i've been back an forth an im leaning towards straight but could easily be gay!

Sorry Abigail I didn't go back that far. When you decide on Dean add it on to the list or i can edit it to put you on there.
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have said Dean way gay, up until last show.

Danny/Dean- STRAIGHT
    Sven/Sam- GAY

I just could never see Sven with a boyfriend :p.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Sven - gay
    Danny - gay
    Dean - straight
    Sam - straight
  • chocolatebuttonchocolatebutton Posts: 87
    Forum Member

here are mine :)

Sam - Gay
    Sven - Gay
    Dean - Straight
    Danny - Gay
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny - Straight (been 100% convinced from day one, I'll be shocked if he's gay)
    Sven - Straight (started off thinking he was gay, then changed my mind over the past few weeks)
    Dean - Gay (always been sure on this one, the tattoo thing confirms it for me)
    Sam - Straight (literally every week I change my mind on him)

Things that make me think Sam is gay:
    - Retweeting an awful lot of compliments on Twitter from shirtless gay men saying they want to **** him
    - He started talking to me on twitter (I'm a guy by the way) without me even tweeting or following him, very forward and really don't think a straight guy would do this
    - Very camp.
    - Flirting with the guys in the tent, that was a big sign for me.

Things that make me think Sam is straight:
    - he genuinely seems to like Cara.
    - I don't think they'd have two gay twins on the show. Would make more sense to have one gay and one straight.
  • happygoluckyboyhappygoluckyboy Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Before the final can I just remind you all that from day one I CONFIRMED
    DANNY WINS AND HE IS STRAIGHT
    Some people seemed to doubt me, but I guess you'll soon find out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *updated with those i missed and new predictions*

Originally Posted by LittleNothing

Danny Gay
    Sven Gay
    Sam Gay
    Dean Straight

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Layzeegoat
    Therefore, my original guesses stand (even though I think only one of them is right now!):

Danny - Straight
    Dean - Gay
    Sam - Straight
    Sven - Gay
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Merrt =P
    Ahh it's not long now! What a great series!

My final predo's:

sam gay
    sven gay
    danny straight
    dean straight

danny to win!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MB88
    This is my prediction:

Danny: Straight
    Sven: Gay (shocker)
    Sam: Gay
    Dean: Straight (shocker)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smile371
    But my predictions for the final are :-

Sam - Straight (Although i seem to be in the minority here )
    Sven - Gay (and this is the one i've been most sure of, i think him telling Cara he doesn't fancy her is so he doesn't hurt her or give her any false impressions)
    Dean - Straight
    Danny - Straight

So lets expect pretty much the opposite!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by misssf
    Thus... my final predictions are -

Sam - GAY
    Sven - GAY
    Danny - STRAIGHT
    Dean - STRAIGHT

If Dean isn't straight I'll eat my hat. So sexy!

SAM-GAY
    SVEN- GAY
    DANNY- STRAIGHT
    DEAN- STRAIGHT

Danny/Dean- STRAIGHT
    Sven/Sam- GAY

I just could never see Sven with a boyfriend :p.
    mightytev wrote: »
    Sven - gay
    Danny - gay
    Dean - straight
    Sam - straight
    here are mine :)

Sam - Gay
    Sven - Gay
    Dean - Straight
    Danny - Gay
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Danny - Straight (been 100% convinced from day one, I'll be shocked if he's gay)
    Sven - Straight (started off thinking he was gay, then changed my mind over the past few weeks)
    Dean - Gay (always been sure on this one, the tattoo thing confirms it for me)
    Sam - Straight (literally every week I change my mind on him)

natalieb wrote: »
    I've heard this too.

My predictions of the remaining 3:

Sam - Gay
    Danny - Straight + wins show
    Dean - was 100% convinced until tonight's show he was gay; now think he's straight
    lazychild wrote: »
    What I'm thinking is...

Sven - Straight, so so obvious... I can't see why people think he might be
    Dean - Gay, when Mitch left he mentioned something about aussiebums which are like a typically gay piece of clothing (right?), that and his tramp stamp
    Sam - Gay, but that is obvious to everyone
    Danny - Straight, he's pretty typically essex.. or alot like some of the people I know... not 100% though
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    Like KnowYourself, I have been 100% correct so far! :D

Final predictions

Danny Straight, Sam Gay, Sven Gay, Dean Gay

(like I have always said ;)...although a while back I did ponder Danny's sexuality)

Dean's a funny on, but think that Danny is the only straight guy left!
    I've chaqnged some of my predictions. My thinking on the final now is:

Sven - Gay (there's too much gameplay there for him not to be in it for the money)
    Sam - Gay
    Dean - Straight
    Danny - Straight
    My predications (not that I'm any good at this but here goes):-

Sven - Gay
    Danny - Gay
    Dean - Straight
    Sam - Staight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Before the final can I just remind you all that from day one I CONFIRMED
    DANNY WINS AND HE IS STRAIGHT
    Some people seemed to doubt me, but I guess you'll soon find out.

I thought the game was:

if Kara picks a straight guy - she wins the cash.
    If she picks a gay guy, they win the cash.

So the spoiler doesn't really make sense...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *updated with those i missed and new predictions*

I think
    Sven is gay
    Sam is gay
    Danny is straight
    Dean is straight

I'd like to see her pick either Danny or Dean whether they are gay or straight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the game was:

if Kara picks a straight guy - she wins the cash.
    If she picks a gay guy, they win the cash.

So the spoiler doesn't really make sense...

If she picks a gay guy he gets all the money but if she picks a straight guy she shares the money with him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Based on the spoilers, these are my predictions.

Danny - Gay (the pancake clinches it for me)
    Dean - Gay (could be Straight simply based on the fact that Danny is dating someone other then him, but based on his interrogation and tattoo, I'd go with gay.)
    Sven - Straight (is just in it for the money, but reckon he's straight)
    Sam - Gay (could go either way)