Apple getting desperate

Comments

• StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    It looks the same as the 4 but thinner and slightly longer...
    Are they feminine phone qualities? :confused:

What constitutes as a masculine phone then? This?

Hideous phone!

Anyway, i don't know why your being so defensive about it. Its simply my opinion. We all have them. It looks like a phone targeted at females to me.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    To be fair though its good to know the Samsung galazy S4 is

Designed for humans, a life companion, an will make life richer, simpler and more fun. Whist as the same time it CARES enough to monitor our health and well being....

Seriously, can anyone read that with a straight face?

The Samsung GALAXY S4 understands how important your health is. It can help you
    achieve your fitness goals by monitoring your fitness levels during workouts and
    throughout the day. It also cares for your general health with sensors that automatically
    adjust the display and volume
    – depending on how you are using the phone –
    to ensure the optimal experience

To be fair, this is just Samsung playing Apple at their own game. Both pages are full of marketing cobblers which make a relatively pedestrian thing - a mobile phone - sound more interesting. Apple have been the masters of making something ordinary sound good (Retina, FaceTime etc), and Samsung have realised this and are rightly joining in, because clearly, based on the huge number of devices both companies are selling, the fuzzy, fluffy marketing works!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Hideous phone!

Anyway, i don't know why your being so defensive about it. Its simply my opinion. We all have them. It looks like a phone targeted at females to me.

I'm not being defensive at all. Just trying to decipher your reasons for such an opinion.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    ...for what to happen?

If the main reason for lower than expected iPhone 5 sales is that the iPhone 4S has been continuing to sell in big numbers, its hardly that much of a problem.

How is that not a problem though? you want to sell your flagship phone not have people choose last year's model because they can't see a reason worth upgrading.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    "Why spend so much on a phone" well I like the ios of Apples phones, I like the build quality and the feel of the iphone4/4s. And the contract I'm on now is great for me, so I've not seen a new phone I really like. So when you consider I got my iphone 4 back in 2010, and I may or may not change it later this year when the 5s/6 comes out, I think overall I have had my monies worth.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, what does that pad look like unless im missing something?

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2013/73/samsung_Game_Pad_Galaxy_S4_16702_640screen.jpg
    http://www.controlcommandescape.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Xbox_360_white_wireless_controller.png?w=319&h=297

If you can't see any similarities there then I suggest you pop into spec savers.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I moved from an S2 to an iPhone 5 a couple of months back - much prefer my iphone.

Yes I miss some stuff like widgets, but overall I much prefer the stability of ios.
    Forum Member
    I'm not being defensive at all. Just trying to decipher your reasons for such an opinion.

You dont have to decipher it. Its my opinion, i shared it and thats really the end of it :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    But what i was getting at is you really do have to be a fan of the Apple brand/eco system to pay £240 more for an iPhone 5 than a Nexus 4, surely?

I would argue a large % of people pick the iPhone due to aspects such as design, build quality, how it feels in their hand, how heavy is is, how easy it is to use, how stable the OS is, how the phone looks like it could take being dropped without the screen cracking (it beats the samsung phones in drop tests) and just general overall user experience. Plus other features such as iTunes and the App Store.
    Forum Member

To be honest, no i never saw any similarities and i use an xbox daily.

Now i do.

So, 1 similarity. How about apples theft of nearly everything they have ever brought out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You dont have to decipher it. Its my opinion, i shared it and thats really the end of it :confused:

Then maybe a discussion forum isn't the best place for you? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, 1 similarity. How about apples theft of nearly everything they have ever brought out?

So who did Apple copy the iPod from then? Who was the iPhone copied off and iOS? Name me another phone pre iPhone that had a desktop you could swipe from one to another with your finger.
    Forum Member
    I would argue a large % of people pick the iPhone due to aspects such as design, build quality, how it feels in their hand, how heavy is is

Boring, bland and horrid in the hand.
    how easy it is to use

Its as easy to use as any other phone has ever been. More marketing bollocks.
    how stable the OS is

Only it isnt. Its just as stable as any other OS
    how the phone looks like it could take being dropped without the screen cracking (it beats the samsung phones in drop tests)

I would disagree. Ive seen the damage caused to an iphone when its dropped. Smashed back, smashed screen, bented sides. Where does it beat samsungs? Every one i have ever seen put samsung at the top . I dropped my S3 many times and it never marked it. I dropped my iphone once and had a nice dent on the metal. My pal dropped his iphone and the front and back smashed.
    and just general overall user experience. Plus other features such as iTunes and the App Store.

Your kidding right? Haha!!!
    Forum Member
    Then maybe a discussion forum isn't the best place for you? ;)

Actually it is. If you cant see people have opinions then possibly this isnt the place for you...
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I would argue a large % of people pick the iPhone due to aspects such as design, build quality, how it feels in their hand, how heavy is is, how easy it is to use, how stable the OS is, how the phone looks like it could take being dropped without the screen cracking (it beats the samsung phones in drop tests) and just general overall user experience. Plus other features such as iTunes and the App Store.

And I would argue a decent %tage of people pick an iPhone simply because their mates have one. ;) Because if they really were so analytically minded they would most probably save the £240 and get the Nexus 4. That £240 would buy you one of the many superb £10 SIM only deals out there for 24 months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only it isnt. Its just as stable as any other OS

My iOS phone has never crashed in five years. How many times has your android phone crashed?
    Where does it beat samsungs?

http://mashable.com/2012/09/21/iphone-5-drop-test/
    Forum Member
    So who did Apple copy the iPod from then?

Ah you got me there i think...or do you....
    Who was the iPhone copied off

Your joking right? I can see you've not done much research into this!!
    and iOS?

The iOS grid was not apples. Many had used that before namely samsung and LG.
    Name me another phone pre iPhone that had a desktop you could swipe from one to another with your finger.

Uhm any Windows phone....The LG Viewty that was announced before the iphone, the LG Prada before the iphone to name a few.
    Forum Member
    My iOS phone has never crashed in five years. How many times has your android phone crashed?

My 4S crashed many times. There is no way yours has never crashed. My S3 crashed a few times and so has my Nexus 4.

At least im willing to admit it...

Funny that since the youtube vids i have seen the iphone came worst. Anyway, unless its official tests which these arent, there is no better.

EDIT:- In fact, i wold say the S3 came off better there on that test. The S3 only needs the screen replaced. The iphone needs the entire body replaced which will cost an absolute fortune.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I would argue a decent %tage of people pick an iPhone simply because their mates have one. ;) Because if they really were so analytically minded they would most probably save the £240 and get the Nexus 4. That £240 would buy you one of the many superb £10 SIM only deals out there for 24 months.

I expect most iphone users aren't too concerned about the extra cost. That's the good thing about android, it provides a cheaper alternative.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 4S crashed many times. There is no way yours has never crashed. My S3 crashed a few times and so has my Nexus 4.

At least im willing to admit it...

My iPhone has never crashed. Believe it or not. I'd admit to it. I admit I was wrong about the desktop swiping thing. I just looked at the LG Prada. It looks quite similar to the iOS. But I mean it.. my iPhone has never crashed. Apps have crashed, but I just get dumped to the desktop. Its hung a few times but after a few minutes it let's me use it again. But i've never had a full crash of the OS.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    I expect most iphone users aren't too concerned about the extra cost. That's the good thing about android, it provides a cheaper alternative.

But when Android can provide a much cheaper alternative (Nexus 4) that at least matches (many would say surpasses it) the far more expensive Apple product over time the trickle will probably develop into an avalanche. Time will tell, I suppose.
    Forum Member
    My iPhone has never crashed. Believe it or not. I'd admit to it. I admit I was wrong about the desktop swiping thing. I just looked at the LG Prada. It looks quite similar to the iOS. But I mean it.. my iPhone has never crashed. Apps have crashed, but I just get dumped to the desktop. Its hung a few times but after a few minutes it let's me use it again. But i've never had a full crash of the OS.

Indeed. Its very similar to the prada. Also the fact apple nicked the iphone name from Cisco, nicked the ipad name, etc. Dont think apple are innocent here! If you look at the galaxy range on the home screen, they look nothing like iOS.

There was no copy. In the app drawer on Android, its obvious the layout will be similar. That's like MS suing apple for the desktop icons on computers! Apple have copied more things than anyone else. There is little doubt apple kicked the smartphone revolution into gear but the problem is they have become stagnant and boring. Its a shame, but they dont seem to want to innovate.

As for the OS crashing, i had it several times on my 4S. It happens on any phone. Apps are also more stable on Android than OS. I remember seeing a test done on this. I'll try to find it.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But when Android can provide a much cheaper alternative (Nexus 4) that at least matches (many would say surpasses it) the far more expensive Apple product over time the trickle will probably develop into an avalanche. Time will tell, I suppose.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

Although I've not seen any sells figures for the n4, but I don't think it has matched the iPhone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually it is. If you cant see people have opinions then possibly this isnt the place for you...

I can see you have an opinion.

You posted something I asked why you thought that. That is how forums work. Maybe you should stop posting your opinions if you have such an issue with people questioning your viewpoint.
    Forum Member
    I can see you have an opinion.

You posted something I asked why you thought that. That is how forums work. Maybe you should stop posting your opinions if you have such an issue with people questioning your viewpoint.

And i told you but you weren't happy and kept questioning it. To me it looks feminine. It looks designed towards the female like many things are.

What else exactly do you want me to say about it?