Comments

• Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen Brenda <3
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather she had won fan favourite rather than Malcolm really, and he was obviously still in people's minds from the previous season which gave him an advantage. I assume the winner Cochran was eligible, I thought he might have been in the running.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Even though the jury didn't seem to respect the final 3, it's nice that the final 3 seem to respect eachother and thought eachother played well. Makes a change, especially based on the overall negativity gravitating from this season.

Reynold and Eddie claim that Sherri's pre-merge edit was totally embellished and that she was never in control. It's possible but they fail to say what was actually going on. Plus the editors can only show stuff that happened, they can't make stuff up. Also it's not like they would have seen Sherri's gameplay out there, her strategy was basically stealing the floating votes on the Fans away from them. So of course they wouldn't have been aware of her strategy, she'd hardly let them in on her plan being the enemy and all. I think Reynold is just mad that she outplayed him so many times, and Eddie follows Reynold's lead.
    Eddie even called her the' dumbest player ever', which is hilarious coming from him.

Not that Sherri's strategy was flawless, in retrospect it's obvious that she's a successful businesswoman because some of those superior traits are no doubt the reason why the jury lacked any real connection with her, apart from through strategy.

In comparison to other seasons, I'd probably put this season above Redemption Island and Thailand, but on a similar sort of level as South Pacific and Samoa in my personal rankings.
    The link with Samoa is rather significant because what surely killed Caramoan more than anything was the editing, it was atrocious. Also there was hardly anyone likeable, and it needed multiple idols to get something going, and even then they only got something going like......once? (with Phillip's elimination)
  • .:Tom:..:Tom:. Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Why did we not see the Reynold that we saw at the final tribal throughout the game? Much prefer the fun loving fratboy personality.
    I could see from the beginning that Reynold was likeable and Sherri a pretty sour character to deal with - it just took until the final tribal for people to show their full colours. I think editing wanted to set up Reynold as the villain for some reason - its obvious from how Jeff introduced the cast.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DMIq3pe_Gc&feature=player_detailpage#t=169s

What I find funny is that Reynold ended up posing all those questions about being a fraud to Dawn at the very end haha

Overall, I liked this season and I thought Cochran put on a fantastic performance at the very end. His game was comparable Todd's and the train wreck FTC the women on either side put on only added to that. One big minus point for the whole season though has been editing and being overly selective. Leaving out the pre-Jury during the reunion added to that feeling we didn't get the whole story.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see Dawn get **** all at the end.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long ago was this filmed? It can't have been longer than 9 months right? If Brenda knew she was Pregnant would it not have been a bit dangerous not eating much and taking part in challenges?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Glad to see Dawn get **** all at the end.

:confused: She'll still get around $75,000 though, as they'll divi up the second and third people's money.

What annoys me most about Dawn's constant "Mother of 6 adopted kids" who is desperate for money, is that a) if you cant afford them, don't bloody adopt and b) her husband is a professor at BYU so he's on a fair whack of pay and her kids will get discounted scholarships.

I hate it when Survivor contestants harp on about money...lack of it or too much. It should be about playing the game solely, not how much you do/don't need the money.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    How long ago was this filmed? It can't have been longer than 9 months right? If Brenda knew she was Pregnant would it not have been a bit dangerous not eating much and taking part in challenges?

I'm guessing she never knew then. She certainly wasn't showing! I can actually remember her in a Pondorosa clip getting weighed and wondering why she hadn't lost as much as she thought.:p
  • troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    .:Tom:. wrote: »
    His game was comparable Todd's and the train wreck FTC the women on either side put on only added to that. One big minus point for the whole season though has been editing and being overly selective. Leaving out the pre-Jury during the reunion added to that feeling we didn't get the whole story.

1) Dawn probably had the best nonwinning FTC performance... ever?
    2) lol @ Reynold being likeable, his whole appeal is that he's a huge chauvinistic douche.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was filmed in June/July last year.

Thoughts on the finale - was happy with the Cochran win. Most deserving of it there. The reunion was awful, the worst ever. Neglected the majority of the cast in favour of old contestants not even part of the season.

As for next season, the title Blood vs Water is terrible, but yes, it is Returnees vs Loved Ones. If you want cast spoilers check my thread over on Sucks.
    Rob C and Nicole were rumoured to be on for a while but it seems he has been replaced by Colton instead. Disappointing. But perhaps they are keeping Rob C for a future All Stars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just spoiled the next season's whole concept? Anyway it sounds terrible.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the spoilered cast list for that season and honestly it is worse than terrible. :(
    Forum Member
    It'll completely be worth it to see Laura Morett back in action <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »

How has he spoiled it? CBS have issued a press release after the Reunion saying it was family against family. The rest is in spoiler tags so if you read it, then why?

I honestly don't think I can watch if CC is in it. That sucks :mad:
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long ago was this filmed? It can't have been longer than 9 months right?

It was actually longer than 9 months. They shot the past 2 seasons back to back almost a year ago, then aired one in fall and one in spring.

I suspect that's why Malcolm didn't do as well in challenges this season. Everyone he was competing against was starting out in top condition, and he was starting out still half starved.
  • andrewpandrewp Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember rightly, they filmed them back to back even earlier last year - March/April or something?

I think the last two seasons were filmed before the one before that even aired.
  • .:Tom:..:Tom:. Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    1) Dawn probably had the best nonwinning FTC performance... ever?
    2) lol @ Reynold being likeable, his whole appeal is that he's a huge chauvinistic douche.
    You might laugh but its a matter of opinion. :cool: As for chauvinistic, yeah, Dawn gave a fair assessment of the guy! that was the highlight of her performance. Overall, she reminded me of Lil from Pearl Islands. (not good let alone the best)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andrewp wrote: »
    If I remember rightly, they filmed them back to back even earlier last year - March/April or something?

I think the last two seasons were filmed before the one before that even aired.

Oh yes, you're right. I forgot they filmed even earlier due to Probst's talk show. So they filmed back in April time.
    starry wrote: »

Well the concept was already revealed. I spoiled part of the cast along with other posters on Survivor Sucks....I didn't post here.
    I was liking the cast a lot more when it looked like it had Rob C, Natalie Bolton, Steph V and Terry on it....but the recent replacements of Colton, Laura Morett, Monica Culpepper and Rupert have definitely taken some of the fun away. (although I do think Laura is a good choice, just not as good as Natalie B).

I'm still excited to see Aras, Kat, Tyson and Gervase though. And Hayden who won Big Brother US and is Kat's boyfriend.
    Forum Member
    Rupert and Monica are MUCH better than Terry and Steph so let's rejoice at that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was just based on one season, then yes, I would have preferred Rupert over Terry. But we've seen Rupert THREE times already, we ain't going to see anything new from him. At least Terry has only played once before and a long time ago, it would have been interesting to see how much he changed.

And Steph V was a lot more interesting than Monica. Despite aligning with Russell at least Steph tried to play the game. Monica basically rolled over and died, and she's only on this season because of her footballer husband.
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that it seems like most of next seasons cast, aren't repetitive players. As in the majority have only played it once, and its not the same people over and over. The choice of Rupert annoys me though, we've seen him three times, and not even that, been in the jury three times, and has made alot from it. I don't think he's needed again tbf.

But some people I'm really looking forward to. Particularly Gervase and Aras!!!
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anachrony wrote: »
    It was actually longer than 9 months. They shot the past 2 seasons back to back almost a year ago, then aired one in fall and one in spring.

I suspect that's why Malcolm didn't do as well in challenges this season. Everyone he was competing against was starting out in top condition, and he was starting out still half starved.

Also, it must although the winner was obvious this time, it was also a long time to wait for the final 3 to find out for sure who won.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Oh dear god NO. Rupert is in my top 5 most hated contestants. I never. never want to see him or Colton ever, ever again

I am seriously thinking of not watching, but I'm addicted to Survivor so I cant see that happening. :(
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »
    If it was just based on one season, then yes, I would have preferred Rupert over Terry. But we've seen Rupert THREE times already, we ain't going to see anything new from him. At least Terry has only played once before and a long time ago, it would have been interesting to see how much he changed.

And Steph V was a lot more interesting than Monica. Despite aligning with Russell at least Steph tried to play the game. Monica basically rolled over and died, and she's only on this season because of her footballer husband.
    I don't care if we get anything new out of Rupert because he's going to bring it. He always commits to the season's theme to a hilarious extent, he'll randomly vote people off at like final five for not pulling their weight around camp, and just imagine the freak out we'll get once his wife is voted off. Plus Terry's vile as hell and I'd be fine off never seeing him again.

Stephanie hardly tried to play the game. She isolated herself from her tribe and just inserted herself up Russell's ass (and would've done the same to Rob if she made the merge.) She just reeks of desperation and tried way too hard to be relevant. We can at least count on Monica to target Colton, that alone makes her worthwhile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    How has he spoiled it? CBS have issued a press release after the Reunion saying it was family against family. The rest is in spoiler tags so if you read it, then why?

Not everyone reads press releases, or is even aware of them.

I don't open spoiler tags.