People Who Moan All The Time - What Gives? What can be gained?

*Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Right, here's the thing. I got not the best of news. Sure, it's knocked me a bit, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Shit happens. That be life. It goes up. It does down, life aint all a bed of roses, but still, there are a hell of a lot worse off out there.

Why the hell do some people complain about every single little thing, find fault with everyone, in every situation, no matter what, who, why, when, and how.

I don't get it.Things happen that we dont like, agree with or expect but why harbour over these things.

Do I have the wrong attitude in thinking, "Okay. That's the script, that's the score, that is the way it is, I can't change it but what can I do to try and move forward and thank f... for small mercies.....".

Am I unrealistic or am I too optimistic? :confused:

Comments

• StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A healthy attitude for the most part, as long as you aren't masking something.

But a lot of people enjoy a good moan - just not all the while and preferably not for for long. And preferably accompanied by a good drink!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    You've created a paradox, the universe is collapsing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flinkman47 wrote: »
    You've created a paradox, the universe is collapsing!

Haha, was thinking the same! :D
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Moaning is cathartic for some people. I say, if you wanna moan, moan away!
  • *Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A healthy attitude for the most part, as long as you aren't masking something.

But a lot of people enjoy a good moan - just not all the while and preferably not for for long. And preferably accompanied by a good drink!

Okay. I am having a 'good drink'. Dont be surprised if you see "I am sorry to anyone I was very cheeky to" thread! NO. I joke. I would log off before I thought I would upset anyone.

I guess my question is more like one of, well, what's the point of getting totally bent out of shape. No one benefits. Some things you cannot help that happens, if that is sense. They happen. Sure be upset, be annoyed, but I dont' get the sense of not saying, " Hell, wasn't expecting that, but it happens".

When I think of all the poor sods in war torn countries, unbelievably poverty stricken areas, I guess it's my own in built safety valve working? I dont' know.

I think I'm rambling now. Maybe it's time to log off.:D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people who moan beyond the call of duty are so negative all the time and will play the victim or the martyr card very well. I love a good moan to get it out of my system before doing as you do, dealing with the problem and finding a solution. Why people spend so long moaning and rowing about something that has happened, instead of finding a solution, is beyone me as well. Have they never heard of PMA before? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to register a complaint about the excessive amount of complaining going on about other people complaining.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some complain because of the circumstances in their life.
  • Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think moaning is quite healthy it's a way of letting your anger out and not bottling it up. I moan all the time :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked a whiner this and they said "someone might do something about it for me". lol. Well, it's a fair enough point.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Negativity isn't healthy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was that easy to brush it off with a 'shit happens' they wouldn't be moaning about it. Some people can't talk about the 'big stuff' and will displace their feelings into everyday things like getting angry at the driver in front or being wound up by the shopkeeper for giving the wrong change etc.

Everyone's different. Some people can be cheery and light hearted and others can't because they've got things going on that you might not know about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    Negativity isn't healthy.

no its not. stress is a killer!and most things are not even worth moaning about.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Excessive moaning is not good for the person, because they end up in a cycle they cannot excape from. I wonder how much is simple attention seeking because they feel people don't listen to them unless they say something negative. It is also stressful for those around them... nothing like hearing misery to make you miserable.

I work in a company with many small sites dotted around the country - some are happy positive places, but a few are depressing and filled with seemingly miserable people. I find that the latter group all have one or two dedicated moaners in them who set off the rest... we changed the way we deal with rubbish, going from bins under people's desks to central recycling points. In the +ve sites this was greeted with 'great! company is doing something for the environment'... in the -ve sites one person even said to me 'I have a right to a bin, why should I have to keep getting up to go over there to throw my rubbish away'... they even hijacked a staff meeting to discuss it. Over bins for heaven's sake!

Negativity is a canker that eats away at people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    trickyvik wrote: »
    If it was that easy to brush it off with a 'shit happens' they wouldn't be moaning about it. Some people can't talk about the 'big stuff' and will displace their feelings into everyday things like getting angry at the driver in front or being wound up by the shopkeeper for giving the wrong change etc.

Everyone's different. Some people can be cheery and light hearted and others can't because they've got things going on that you might not know about.

I guess that's true to a degree, but I've always found that people with major problems often withdraw into themselves, or find a greater empathy with other sufferers - such as people who've had cancer or lost someone to it will campaign for or support other sufferers.

With minor niggles in life, isn't it better to make light of it rather than drag others and yourself down?

People have problems of their own, they don't want or need to listen to whingers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess that's true to a degree, but I've always found that people with major problems often withdraw into themselves, or find a greater empathy with other sufferers - such as people who've had cancer or lost someone to it will campaign for or support other sufferers.

With minor niggles in life, isn't it better to make light of it rather than drag others and yourself down?

People have problems of their own, they don't want or need to listen to whingers.

Yes it is better to make light of it but sometimes it's like telling a depressed person to lighten up... it's a little more complex than that.

I like a moan but I like to laugh too. I'm not about to start moaning about the moaners... they have enough problems of their own! :D
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why the hell do some people complain about every single little thing, find fault with everyone, in every situation, no matter what, who, why, when, and how.
    im also a usually optimistic person, but sometimes there is nowt like a good rant to get it out of the system.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    must admit to moaning about inconsiderate people or bad mannered people, I cant stand both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    must admit to moaning about inconsiderate people or bad mannered people, I cant stand both.

No point in moaning all the time, everyone's allowed to have a groan every now and then but I can't stand the Victor Meldrew types, or the likes of one family member who you simply can't say how are you? You have to listen to every ache and pain. How to lose friends? Moan all the time. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a little cheer-me-up for those who don't like the winter months, it's only five weeks until the days start to draw out again. Ever the optimist, that's me. ;)
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No point in moaning all the time, everyone's allowed to have a groan every now and then but I can't stand the Victor Meldrew types, or the likes of one family member who you simply can't say how are you? You have to listen to every ache and pain. How to lose friends? Moan all the time. :(
    no one mentioned moaning all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    My little old lady neighbour moans from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed. She hates everyone and the world. She moans moans moans.

When I see her I hide*. She drains me of all energy I have!

*(I don't always hide but sometimes there is just a time and a place y'know!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    My best friend moans all the time, and 99% of the things she moans about are either her fault or she could do something to change them (i.e they are not out of her control).

It gets very draining sometimes listening to someone who is constantly negative, probably why I don't spend as much time with her as I used to.