Fassbender gets hosed ... again!

seosamhseosamh Posts: 3,301
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Overlooked for Shame last year and now his fantastic performance in Prometheus is overlooked this year by the academy. I think any remaining shred of respect or interest in those stupid awards is gone

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With respect, i don't think there was any expectation he was going to be nominated for Prometheus by anyone, save perhaps you, thus rendering this thread hyperbolic nonsense.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    He should take comfort that even if he got hosed, no one gets more hosed than poor old Leonardo DiCaprio
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    With respect, i don't think there was any expectation he was going to be nominated for Prometheus by anyone, save perhaps you, thus rendering this thread hyperbolic nonsense.

Why would anyone be so rude when replying to a post? :confused:
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    'Cos it's the internet?

Regards

Mark
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that he was robbed for Shame, however I don't really think he should have been nominated for Prometheus? He wasn't on any of the prediction lists or other awards lists so I don't think it's a massive shock that he hasn't been nominated :p
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His performance in Prometheus wasn't anything out of the ordinary IMO - pretty average actually (much like the film).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Awards ceremonies are a load of old tosh anyway. It's all about who you know or who scratched who's back, rather than rewarding real talent or films. The fact that any non-English language film has to be shoved into a separate category so never considered for the main awards is also scandalous.

Good performances whether they are in films considered average should recognised, but sadly, the main awards will always be given to a very small subset of actors and films.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked his performance. Award worthy though? Not sure, but being in that particular film made it a certainty it wouldn't grab any of the big ones. Tainted by association.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    The fact that any non-English language film has to be shoved into a separate category so never considered for the main awards is also scandalous

Foreign language films have been nominated for Best Picture before.
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    His performance in Prometheus wasnt much cop. He's the 'actor du jour' so everyone automatically assumes hes brilliant in everything. But with a script as poor as Prometheus its not really testing his mettle, so to speak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    yaristaman wrote: »
    Foreign language films have been nominated for Best Picture before.

Few and far between. On one hand it is good that they get their own category to gain exposure, but then this seems to expel them from the main categories.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    seosamh wrote: »
    Overlooked for Shame last year and now his fantastic performance in Prometheus is overlooked this year by the academy. I think any remaining shred of respect or interest in those stupid awards is gone

The Awards are voted by members of the industry for their peers - same here for the BAFTA awards - as such it is not really a great surprise that what may be popular for the public is not always seen the same by industry peers.

To be honest I don't think his performance was that stand out compared with others.