Mobile TV on Nokia N73

cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
Forum Member
Hi Guys,

Can you watch Live TV on your Nokia N73 like you can do with the Nokia N7?

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Nokia_N77_Preview-DVB-H_Mobile_TV_Handset.php

The N77 is not that different to the N73

Craig

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not in the same way.
  • cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    What o you mean not in the same way? and how does it work for Nokia N77?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a TV tuner.
  • ResidentSDResidentSD Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Nokia N77 has a built in TV tuner that you can use to watch DVB-H (Digital Video Broadcasting for Handhelds) TV broadcasts (think over the air TV broadcasting for mobiles). The Nokia N73 (along with many other 3G phones) can receive TV broadcasts, but only what is streamed by their network over their 3G network.

Most of the 3G networks (all except O2 I think) offer some sort of mobile TV over 3G. DVB-H broadcasts are currently not available in the UK as their require broadcast spectrum that is currently not available. A test took place last year I think in Oxford to test DVB-H broadcasts. However, DVB-H broadcasts look likely in the future as the EU have given the format their backing so it is likely that spectrum will be made available in the future.

Hope that clears everything up!
    Forum Member
    So there is no mobile TV available apart from Vodaphone
  • SteSte Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ?????
    WizUk wrote: »
    So there is no mobile TV available apart from Vodaphone

ResidentSD wrote: »

Most of the 3G networks (all except O2 I think) offer some sort of mobile TV over 3G.
    Forum Member
    Ok Thanks, So if I went for a Nokia N77 I could access mobile TV but not on 02. As I use a Pay As You Go will I be charged for watching Mobile TV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the N77 even available yet?

Mobile TV is a waste of time.
    Forum Member
    Why is it a waste of time
  • ResidentSDResidentSD Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok Thanks, So if I went for a Nokia N77 I could access mobile TV but not on 02. As I use a Pay As You Go will I be charged for watching Mobile TV

As the Nokia N77 is a 3G phone, there is no reason why you couldn't get Mobile TV from any network that offers it. However, mobile TV is not free and does require a monthly subscription (however, you are not charged for 3G data charges while you are watching TV). Also, you'll need to check with your network if mobile TV is available to pre-pay customers. I have a contract phone so I'm not sure how it works on pre-pay.

Note - Looks like T-Mobile and 3's mobile TV services are available to pre-pay customers. Orange & Vodafone's websites don't really confirm or deny whether their mobile TV services are available on pre-pay. As I said previous, I don't think O2 offer any kind of 3G Mobile TV services.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it a waste of time

Why would you want to watch TV when you're out?

Surely there's much better things to be doing?