The Bridge BBC4 (UK pace) No spoilers!

Comments

• minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    PPS- I have chocolate! :D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Sorry to sound thick , but what does UK pace or US pace mean?

Minkski - you sound as though you had a good night !

Looking forward to tonight., might even have a few drinks myself.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »

The pace at which episodes are aired in either the US or UK.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member

Minkski - you sound as though you had a good night !

Looking forward to tonight., might even have a few drinks myself.

:o:o slightly worse for wear today :o:o

Great evening last night though :D
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    The pace at which episodes are aired in either the US or UK.

And some people somehow seem to be able to watch the US transmissions, but this remains a mystery to me. Not that I can see the point, myself. Or care. ;)

PS: Actually I don't see the point in putting that in this thread title - after all, the Americans aren't showing it. In any case, they can't read subtitles and have to re-make inferior versions of anything in a foreign language.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some people will have seen this in Scandinavia or on DVD (or download, I suppose). It's there so people don't post spoilers. :)
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,920
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    And some people somehow seem to be able to watch the US transmissions, but this remains a mystery to me. Not that I can see the point, myself. Or care. ;)

PS: Actually I don't see the point in putting that in this thread title - after all, the Americans aren't showing it. In any case, they can't read subtitles and have to re-make inferior versions of anything in a foreign language.

There have been a couple of people on here who've seen it and said how good it is, but they've been very good and not posted any spoilers. It's nothing to do with the US this time:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member

We like to think we reverse engineer the european stuff, add car crashes and improve it. We also need to squeeze in 7 more minutes of adverts.:confused:

It is not just a sub-titles thing, gawd!:eek:

SO WHERE IS EVERYONE??
    [looks around]
    ahhhhhh, Denley, 'bridge' in forum title, must be the place.
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This thread is UK Pace so we can only talk about what has been shown on our screens on BBC4 & BBC HD. Nothing else. It has already aired in Denmark & Sweden(last year I think). Normally we get one or two very helpful native Danes/Swedes who have seen the series. They sometimes help us with any cultural/geographical problems we may have. But up to now they have been extremely well behaved- not giving anything away as regards whodunnit etc. So I'm hoping some old Scandi friends from the Killing 2 thread join us again?

PS
    Good morning everyone. And welcome to any new friends.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon everyone! I haven't even seen this thread til now as have been so busy this week that haven't checked DS - good to see we're up and running. Really looking forward to the first two episodes tonight. :D
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been missing my Scandinavian TV fix since Borgen ended, so really looking forward to this. Couldn't get into Those Who Kill at all, but this sounds a lot more promising.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just to avoid people clicking on the wrong thing. A couple of people said they had viewed the wrong Homeland thread and read stuff they didn't want to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be subtitles or not? Since one team is Danish and the other Swedish, does this mean they will all speak in English :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Will there be subtitles or not? :D

There will be subtitles. Nearly all BBC programmes have them:p:D:D

I think our Danish/Swedish contributors have said before that the languages are similar. So they all understand each other?

My problem is- I won't be able to tell who is Swedish and who is Danish:o:o

Danish cops are Politi. Swedish are Polisen I think. But out of uniform????? I'll have to keep notes:D:D
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be subtitles or not? Since one team is Danish and the other Swedish, does this mean they will all speak in English :D

An English friend who speaks fluent Swedish was telling me that they just speak their own language to each other and are understood i.e. Danes speak Danish, Swedes Swedish. He said it's a bit like a broad Scotsman conversing with a broad Welshman in English. It sounds completely different but fairly legible to each.

Apparently this is true in the scenes in The Killing when it was set in Sweden for a short time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    :o:o slightly worse for wear today :o:o

Great evening last night though :D

I assume you got bail minkski?:D:D
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking fwd to this..enjoyed Borgen and Those who Kill...and reviews are good.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    I've been missing my Scandinavian TV fix since Borgen ended, so really looking forward to this.

Mentalbaldo didn’t bridge ;) the gap for you then?
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    I Couldn't get into Those Who Kill at all, but this sounds a lot more promising.

Ditto. TWK was so derivative of generic US shows that it just didn’t hold my attention.

Credit to the Beeb for sticking with the double ep format. A commercial broadcaster would no doubt have spread these over ten weeks.

Anyone else slightly disappointed to see Sofie taking a part in S2 of the The KillingUS? I guess she has to grab her chances for overseas exposure where she can but it puts me in mind of George Sluzier unwisely helming the US remake of his stunning film, The Vanishing and Ole Bornedal doing the same for Nightwatch. Not nice to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danish cops are Politi. Swedish are Polisen I think. But out of uniform????? I'll have to keep notes:D:D
    One will be wearing this and the other this
    Simples.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An English friend who speaks fluent Swedish was telling me that they just speak their own language to each other and are understood i.e. Danes speak Danish, Swedes Swedish. He said it's a bit like a broad Scotsman conversing with a broad Welshman in English. It sounds completely different but fairly legible to each.

Apparently this is true in the scenes in The Killing when it was set in Sweden for a short time.

This is, of course, in Norwegian rather than Swedish, but I love it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix852eFDhMA
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Anyone else slightly disappointed to see Sofie taking a part in S2 of the The KillingUS? ...
    I thought her brief appearance was the best thing about that episode! Seeing her walking through a poorly-lit building just brought back so many happy "FFS Lund!" memories :D

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One will be wearing this and the other this
    Simples.

That will make it so simple. Unless it's a bit nippy and they all wear big coats?:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Removed
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh' sorry, I've "spoiler tagged" mine, do you want to "de-quote" me?

:o

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Ooh' sorry, I've "spoiler tagged" mine, do you want to "de-quote" me?

:o

K

Done. Many Thanks:):)