Morning!

That's agreed then.

This is the "official" page for FIAB :D

Looking forward to Monday!
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh this could get confusing with two threads :confused:

Maybe we should use this one (as the title DOES say "new series").......
    Morning!

I'd vote for this thread!

Me too. Best to start afresh for a new series.

Edit:

I posted the above before seeing there was a page 2. At least we are in agreement.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to Monday!

Me too. Feels like the show has been away for ages!!
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    At least we are in agreement.

We normally are ;)
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When we were in France we were approached by various productions looking for expat accommodation owners to take part in their shows...Gordon Ramsay's outfit was one - looking to film a series where he visited restaurants owned by expats in France/Spain to help them out. We said a bit fat 'NO THANKS' to that;)
    Then 'Living the Dream' people emailed us, also 'No Going Back', said no to all of them. We'd had contact from others who'd taken part in those shows and had regretted it bitterly. Yes it's free advertising in a way but at the cost of being made to look like complete numpties:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When we were in France we were approached by various productions looking for expat accommodation owners to take part in their shows...Gordon Ramsay's outfit was one - looking to film a series where he visited restaurants owned by expats in France/Spain to help them out. We said a bit fat 'NO THANKS' to that;)
    Then 'Living the Dream' people emailed us, also 'No Going Back', said no to all of them. We'd had contact from others who'd taken part in those shows and had regretted it bitterly. Yes it's free advertising in a way but at the cost of being made to like complete numpties:cool:

I think it can go either of two ways. Either the owners come across as numpties and do their business harm, or, they come across as really nice people and even if their business isnt the one that wins, they gain business because of who they are.

But its a risk you take I guess when you sign up for these things (plus you need to be aware of editing/being talked into saying things about the other couples that you dont really want to say)
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then 'Living the Dream' people emailed us, also 'No Going Back', said no to all of them. We'd had contact from others who'd taken part in those shows and had regretted it bitterly. Yes it's free advertising in a way but at the cost of being made to like complete numpties:cool:

I would imagine that even if you were the nicest kindest people with the most amazing accomodation, you could be turned into the devil himself with a bit of editiing and daft silly guests being overpicky!
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guernseysnail you are right bang on there;)

Actually if you recall that series 'Chaos at the Castle' where a couple bought a chateau in France and were made to look like bumbling incompetents...he was actually a lawyer in his previous life and we emailed them (they were in a different region to us) to talk about one of the offers we had had and he said that in his case he had knowledge of the law and had actually rewritten much of the contract they had signed with Channel 4 to protect themselves. The small print could have finished them off. He had his head screwed on properly. One other couple in another area, he told us they got no real trade from the TV exposure, just a lot of phone calls from folk back in the UK asking about how to move to France. I think these people have to be aware of the editing thing, the Happy Donkey Lady took a real hit from that:rolleyes:
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon all!

Thanks to tommo for the link! I'm on my phone and searching is murder!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all!

Thanks to tommo for the link! I'm on my phone and searching is murder!

You are very welcome.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...but at the cost of being made to look like complete numpties:cool:
    Well, only if they are complete numpties in the first place! Plenty of people have come across very well on FiaB and I am sure that they have got business out of it. Others... probably haven't. :D

Hi all < waves at everyone :) > I've baked a cake in celebration of the new series. Apple and stem ginger. Anyone want a slice? :cool:
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god for channel 4 plus 1 this series clashes with the chase :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Well, only if they are complete numpties in the first place! Plenty of people have come across very well on FiaB and I am sure that they have got business out of it. Others... probably haven't. :D

Hi all < waves at everyone :) > I've baked a cake in celebration of the new series. Apple and stem ginger. Anyone want a slice? :cool:

Firstly, Fallowfields came across wonderfully didn't it.

Secondly - send a slice this way please. I have some cream which would go with it beautifully.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just off to make a mug of tea...Looking forward to 5pm!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »

Hi Normandie and all the original posters and all the new ones that will hopefully join us!

Love a slice please :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Normandie and all the original posters and all the new ones that will hopefully join us!

Love a slice please :)

Want some of my cream to go with it Sis?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Want some of my cream to go with it Sis?

Oh yes please!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The front of the Blackpool one doesn't look inviting on streetview!
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some of those streetview shots are years old now:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it doesn't, does it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Some of those streetview shots are years old now:)

I know that but if you look on streetview and then at the website, the things in the front bedroom window are the same.
    No it doesn't, does it.

It looks like a knocking shop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This castle looks fab!

The two chaps look like trouble!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £320 a night :eek: