All Six Bond Actors May Be At The Oscars

JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a449912/sean-connery-daniel-craig-to-join-james-bond-actors-at-2013-oscars.html

Wouldnt it be great if the oscar people can pull this off. When it was the 50th anniversary last year I thought it would be good if all six Bond actors were together for a one off tribute. Now it could happen. Looks like it's all down to Sean Connery as to whether it will happen.

Plus Adele will perform Skyfall live for the first time. May be an oscar ceremony worth seeing.

Comments

• BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean Connery stated last week that he hadn't even been approached about it.
  • MusselmannMusselmann Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    6 out of 7 wouldn't be bad. it would be quite an achievment to get all seven on stage.
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musselmann wrote: »
    6 out of 7 wouldn't be bad. it would be quite an achievment to get all seven on stage.

Who are you counting as the seventh? David Niven? Barry Nelson? Peter Sellers? Woody Allen?

Not that it matters anyway - as none of these have anything to do with the fiftieth anniversary of EON/DanJaq's production of the James Bond movies.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be cool if they could get Shirley Bassey there too to do some sort of Bond themes duet with Adele.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be cool if they could get Shirley Bassey there too to do some sort of Bond themes duet with Adele.

Shirley on her own would be better:D

Still, Adele is all set to pick up an Oscar for Skyfall, and act as though she is really surprised;)

Regarding the Bonds, I would be surprised if Connery turns up.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Regarding the Bonds, I would be surprised if Connery turns up.

Why is Connery snubbing Bond? Lets face it the films turned him from a nobody to one of the most famous men on the planet during the 60's. It also led to him having a huge film career and probably being paid rediculous sums of money for the films he appeared in. Look at the Diamonds Are Forever saga. Begging him to come back with a then unheard of million pound pay cheque (although to be fair he did donate that) but even so without being cast as Bond in 1962 would his career have turned out how it did? I wouldnt have thought so. Roger Moore happily praises his Bond career and he was already a big name when he landed the role. So Connery really should make one gesture and attend the oscars.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    He basically retired years ago. Apart from the odd pet project maybe he likes his retirement in Spain (I think he lives there)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise they were all still alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Don't mind all the previous actors playing Bondon stage, but forget about Adlele, possibly the worst Bond theme ever,Oscar nominated WTF!!!!.
    My own personal opinion by the way.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Almost certain that Connery wont attend.
    His petty grievances with the Broccolis guarantee that.
    Great Bond though.