Mobile phone has lost internet connectivity

NE5NE5 Posts: 554
Forum Member
✭✭
I just got my lumia 610 back today from being repaired. Not sure if it is fixed...BUT....i got it back and the internet was working, apart from facebook which wouldn't let me log in for some reason.

Anyway, not being sure how to set it all up and having the phone wiped clean, I was looking at the windows live account [ I don't have a windows live account ] I tried to set one up as it was prompting me to do something.

Now the phone has stopped connecting to the internet. It otherwise works fine. I am getting the message that i might have lost the connection. What have I done ? What does a windows live account do ? In settings, it says my windows live account is incomplete ?

Comments

• Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it worth ringing your network from another phone to assist you in getting up and running and checking your APN / settings? what network are you on?
  • NE5NE5 Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Is it worth ringing your network from another phone to assist you in getting up and running and checking your APN / settings? what network are you on?

o2.

What are APN settings ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to enable mobile data in the settings, make sure your connection is set to auto where it says 2G / 3G and also the access point name is set, although that should be set automatically.

The best thing to do is ring O2 from another phone so that they can talk you through it or send settings to the phone to get you up and running.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    You have to enable mobile data in the settings, make sure your connection is set to auto where it says 2G / 3G and also the access point name is set, although that should be set automatically.

The best thing to do is ring O2 from another phone so that they can talk you through it or send settings to the phone to get you up and running.

where will I get a number for the call centre or whatever at o2 ?
  • biggytbiggyt Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    0844 381 5172‎ - o2 helpline
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the numbers are on their website, as well as the live chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you for the replies. I've got it sorted. I went onto the o2 website and got help from a guru techie on there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    For future reference you just text Active to 2020 and the settings get sent to your phone.