Hair colour help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
Forum Member
Ok so I currently have medium brown hair but I'm getting bored so would love to have ur opinions on what colour u think would suit me photos on my blog www.elledeesbeauty.blogspot.com I was thinking a reddy or plummy shade or a dark honey blonde xxx

Comments

• MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi, you look like you suit a darker shade so i would be tempted to go for the plum colour :) i love that colour like cheryl coles! x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Thanks shall I use a semi or a permanent? Do u know what hair dye would take me to that colour? Xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest i would recommend going to the hairdressers because you seem to have quite dark hair and it may not end up with the desired plum colour at home..

however i have done it myself before, but i lightened it beforehand with a bleach lightener to make the plum colour show up a bit more & then i used a swarzkopf colour, i think it was permanent.

It can be quite hard to keep up a colour like that though since your roots do come through quite noticeable.

I like your blog by the way, ive started following it :)
    i have my own blog :
    http://emilydujour.blogspot.co.uk/ - feel free to check it out! x
    Forum Member
    Thanks I'll follow urs too tbh I want it plummy but just a hint I may try xxl one for dark hair are they good? I haven't got money for hairdressers I may just get a darker brown yet but I don't want to end up too dark and looking silly, do u think a reddy shade maybe better? Xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had reddish hair before and the problem i found with that was it was ridiculous to get out! It just wouldn't come out of my hair at all!
    So i would say go for a non permanent to begin with :)
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Non-permanent to see how you like the colour, plus it *should* have washed away before you end up needing your roots doing.
    Also, go to a hairdresser and ask them. Any of them worth their salt will sit with you and discuss colours - some skin tones look ridiculous with certain types of hair colour. I wanted a dark brown shade but more reddy tones suit me better. It's not like you have to actually have to get it done there, just pump them for advice.
    Forum Member
    I've bought superdrug own in cosmic purple and a colour lock lotion hope it works xxx
  • ShreddedPartsShreddedParts Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I think that the darker shade would look great on you because of your colouring, you look fab by the way.

I love your blog too.

Also a question, I like the Iced Truffle dye results, did it show any reddish tones afterwards? I'm dark brunette (I'm a natural brunette, that tried to go blonde but my hairdresser made it come out ginger so had to dye it back to brown) and desperately trying to rid the reddish tones that are there especially when the light hits it. Did you find Iced Truffle stopped the reddish tones?
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was younger - much younger, I used to put pure henna on my hair. It was marvelous and everyone admired it and envied the rich auburn colour. It looks completely natural and just gradually washes out after a few weeks. It comes as a powder which you mix with water to make it a sort of loose cow pat consistency, then you just brush it all over your hair and leave it for a while. I can't remember exactly how long as it was years ago, had to stop using it when I started to go grey. My natural hair colour was a light golden brown, not as dark as yours, but I am sure the henna would look fantastic on your dark hair too. Incidentally, it has a very earthy smell when you put it on, just think how wonderful it will look when its done.