Britney Spears' best non-single, Album song

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
Forum Member
Mine would have to be either Cinderella from Britney (album 3) or Shattered Glass from the Circus Album

Comments

• Special AppearanceSpecial Appearance Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Unusual You from Circus is hands down her best song IMO. The lyrics are beautiful and it should have been a single. I also love Mannequin, Seal it With a Kiss, Cinderella, I Will be There, Can't Make You Love Me, Get Naked, Freakshow, Breathe On Me and Touch of My Hand.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard so i will list some of my favorites in order and try and keep it in descending order :p :

Touch Of My Hand
    Cinderella
    Unusual You
    What U See IS What U Get
    I Will Be There
    Don't Go Knocking My Door
    The Answer
    Inside Out
    Up'N'Down
    Gasoline
    Bombastic Love
    Why Should I Be Sad
    Breath On ME
    I will be there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think my personal favourite is either Anticipating from Britney, Hot As Ice from Blackout.

I also think Brave New Girl and Touch of My Hand from In The Zone are fantastic pop songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Ooh I forgot about 'Can't Make You Love Me'. best song off album 2.... I miss Britney with the mass backing singers haha
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh I forgot about 'Can't Make You Love Me'. best song off album 2.... I miss Britney with the mass backing singers haha

And i forgot Aniticipating and That's Where you Take me off Britney And i've just begun having my fun :p

Alos mentions to Get Back, Outta This Worl And Scary should have been a) on the standard editions and b) singles.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get Naked (I Got A Plan), Freakshow, Lace and Leather, Inside Out, How I Roll, Why Should I Be Sad?, Gasoline, Big Fat Bass, Up N' Down, Selfish, Out From Under, Outta This World, Get Back, Perfect Lover, Trip To Your Heart, Heaven On Earth, I Got That (Boom Boom), Touch Of My Hand.........there's so many I like...way too hard to choose just one...:o:D
    Forum Member
    I ALWAYS thought Amnesia *(the B Side to Amy) should have been a single.

I thought that would have surprised all her critics
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney has some absolute gems and astounding should-be-classics on her albums hidden out of plain sight...my favourites are

Britney - Cinderella, Let Me Be, Bombastick Love
    In The Zone - Breathe On Me, SHowdown, Early Mornin, Brave New girl and Touch Of My hand
    Blackout - Freakshow, Toy Soldier, get naked, Heaven On Earth, Hot As Ice, Ooh Ooh Baby
    Circus - Mannequin, Unusual You, Trouble, Rock Me In, Blur, Phonography
    Femme Fetale - How I ROll, Trip To Your Heart, gasoline, Inside Out, Up N Down, He ABout To Lose Me
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Where do I start?

Baby One More Time - The Beat Goes On
    Oops I Did It Again - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, Don't Go Knockin' On My Door, What U See (Is What U Get)
    Britney - Lonely, Anticipating, Cinderella, That's Where You Take Me, Bombastic Love, Before The Goodbye
    In The Zone - Showdown, Breathe On Me, Touch of My Hand, The Hook Up, The Answer, Early Mornin'
    Blackout - Heaven on Earth, Get Naked (I Got A Plan), Freakshow, Toy Soldier, Hot As Ice, Perfect Lover, Ooh Ooh Baby, Why Should I Be Sad, Get Back
    Circus - Mannequin, Lace and Leather, Shattered Glass, Unusual You, Phonography, Trouble, Blur
    Femme Fatale - How I Roll, Trip To Your Heart, Gasoline, Big Fat Bass, (Drop Dead) Beautiful, Up n' Down, He About To Lose Me, Selfish, Don't Keep Me Waiting, Scary*

* Japanese edition bonus track - why oh why was it not on the original album?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Unusual You is definitely the best song she has done!
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How I Roll.
    Forum Member
    So we're agreed..."I'm sorry, just tryin' to live my life, don;t worry you're gonna be alright but Cinderella's got to go" is a TUNE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BOMT - I Will Be There

Oops - When Your Eyes Say It ( apparently she filmed a video to this song as it was planned to be a single but at last min went with DLMBTLTK) i don`t know how true that is

Britney - Cinderella / Lonely / Before The Goodbye

In The Zone - Showdown/ Early Morning / Breathe On Me / Touch Of My Hand / Shadow / Don`t Hang Up

Blackout - The Entire Album just pop perfection

Circus - Shattered Glass / Blur / Mannequin (rumour has it this was the 1st single before womanzier) / Amnesia (my most played unreleased song) / Phonography

Femme Fatale - Inside Out / How I Roll / Trip to your Heart / He About To Lose Me / Scary / Selfish / Up n Down /

And that`s just Album tracks lol not including her actual "unreleased" tracks mona lisa, rockstar, and all the rest :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we're agreed..."I'm sorry, just tryin' to live my life, don;t worry you're gonna be alright but Cinderella's got to go" is a TUNE!

Tune? it`s an ANTHEM tbh :)
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Tune? it`s an ANTHEM tbh :)

A VERY forgotten anthem. It belongs on Mumsnet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Unusual You
    He About To Lose Me

I want a ballad as a single from her next album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unusual You
    He About To Lose Me

I want a ballad as a single from her next album.

i will never understand how "Everday" did not make any of her recent albums song is simply amazing!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CINDERELLA

Without a doubt would have been a massive hit for her.. plus the video would've been pretty cool.

The middle 8 is amazing too "I'm soooo sorry, I've alreaaaady made up my mind"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i will never understand how "Everday" did not make any of her recent albums song is simply amazing!!!

Me either she doesn't get enough credit for her ballads and they are amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy Solider - it would have been SUCH A HIT if released.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lace & Leather, Drop Dead Beautiful
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First song that came to mind was Cinderella!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always adored Amnesia. It was the odd one out on Circus as it never really fit in with the flow of the album but its different and dark, and i wonder if autobiographical going by the lyrics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Unusual You, its a beautiful song.
    Anticipating, its fun :)
    I've just begun having my fun, was released somewhere but I love this song its so catchy.
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my, there's just so many

Oops
    Can't Make You Love Me
    Don't Go Knockin'
    What You See Is What You Get

Britney
    I Run Away
    That's Where You Take Me
    Cinderella