Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I didn't meet him because I didn't want to bother him, but I walked past Keith Duffy today :D (guy from Boyzone, and plays Ciaran in Coronation Street) he was literally next to me! It felt awesome!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    met andrew lloyd webber backstage when i was working on evita i said hello to him and he just looked me up and down and walked off, very rude man, cameron mackintosh is the complete oppisite,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sHaK wrote: »
    David Walliams and Matt Lucas.

Matt Lucas: Sort of pleasant, friendly.

David Walliams: Miserable, grumpy, unfriendly.

we had issues with david when little britain came to the theatre i work at his dresser ( she worked for the theatre not him/production) was 6 months pregnant and he was treating her like a slave when she mentioned it wansn't her job to be his slave he made a nasty comment about her keeping her legs crossed.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Although I never met them myself my uncle was really close friends with Freddie Mercury and Richard O'Brien, they were both apparently really awesome people. Freddie used to hold the most amazing parties and the invitation cards that my uncle got for them were spectacular too. Freddie also used to go by a COMPLETELY different name sometimes in his private life :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    The Jam circa 1978. Great blokes .Paul a bit on the shy side. More recently..

Richard Armitage, a truly lovely man.
    Graham Norton , funny and charming.

I would LOVE to meet Richard Armitage and am pleased he was as nice as he seems. Can you tell me any more about your meeting with him please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met most of the Dancing On Ice stars last month on the tour. Gary Lucy was lovely :) he took his time to chat and have a picture with me and my friend. Matthew Gonzalez was also great, he chatted for about five minutes. The other stars were all friendly but those are the two that really stand out as the nicest :D
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My sister lives in oxford and we were visiting from ireland when we saw lewis being filmed and saw lawrence fox

he seemed nice and is totally handsome
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Ricky Groves (Garry from EE)... seems like a nice bloke.

Also not met him, but apparently Chelsea defender John Terry is a nice bloke, according to my mate who met him, apparently went out of his way to sign autographs, and have pictures taken with the fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Met Ricky Groves (Garry from EE)... seems like a nice bloke.

Also not met him, but apparently Chelsea defender John Terry is a nice bloke, according to my mate who met him, apparently went out of his way to sign autographs, and have pictures taken with the fans.

probably arranging secret trysts with female fans lol

I have heard he is a nice bloke though but a total arse hole when it comes to women, big surprise
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aimee26 wrote: »
    Met Jimmy Carr after a gig, so lovely, even though me and my friends were practically stalking him (there wasn't any time for photos, so we hung around till the end and made him have one with us, no wonder he looks scared in it! plus outside the venue, we kept bumping into him, he probably was just wishing we would go!)

I've met John Barrowman,

James Marsters

and Eve Myles at a signing. John was rushed off his feet, so didn't get loads of time to talk to him, but seems like a lovely guy. James is LOVELY (I'm biased - Buffy is my favourite programme of all time), he loves a bit of eve contact and shaking hand for a long time. Eve, well she is just a sweetheart! Such a lovely girl, wondering if we were having a good day and what we were up to.

Haven't met a bad one so far!

OMG I am so jealous u met James Marsters- Buffy and Angel are my fave tv shows ever! Angel's my favourite character but Spike was so 2nd
  • ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorne Spicer truly awful woman

Having recently watched a few episodes of 'Beat the Bailiff' on Sky 3, I can truely believe that.

She appears to look at the person she is trying to help with utter contempt sometimes.
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan Giggs - couldn't have been nicer, more down-to-earth, and seemingly unimpressed with his own fame and accomplishments.

Robbie Fowler - 100% the opposite.
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    I just posted on the thread about Judy Finnegan and realised that I'd not commented here about Richard Madeley - probably because they are near neighbours and I don't tend to think about their 'celebrity' much. I just want to say that, although I never see Judy, Richard is always out and about. He seems a thoroughly nice guy - always as cheery as he appears in the media - locals don't tend to greet him, but he always smiles/waves/says hello when he sees you!

We also see Jonathan Ross, who lives on the other side of the Hampstead Heath extension and is sometimes out there with kids & dogs. I've never spoken to him, but he is always getting involved in local events (fetes, prizegivings etc.) and, although I don't think much of his TV persona, I can say he does his bit for the local community. You can always spot his wife - she's the only person around here with flourescent magenta hair...
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Met the author John Connolly at a book signing today (one of precisely two people I'd stand in line to meet) - an absolutely lovely bloke, took time with everyone, chatted away, personalised all signings and just couldn't have been nicer.
  • Highland RubyHighland Ruby Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Liam Neeson helped pick gloop out of my hair when I was about 11. Much of Rob Roy was filmed where I live and I befriended the directors daughter, Daisy. She was a bit of a bitch but I thought it was ace that her dad was a director so thought I'd just put up with her cowness.

One night I stayed over at the house her family were renting whilst filming and Daisy through this toy gloopy stuff at me. It all went in my hair and was like chewing gum. I started going crazy at her screaming (I had such beautiful hair) and her parents came running to see what happened. Her mum took me to another room to try and save my hair and then Liam Neeson walked in. I was in a bit of a state and he sat down next to me and started to help pick this crap of my hair. He was such a lovely dad type.

My hair had to be cut short to get rid of the stuff but I guess it's my own fault for being such a fame ****! Plus Liam Neeson touched my hair and said it was pretty!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    Ryan Giggs - couldn't have been nicer, more down-to-earth, and seemingly unimpressed with his own fame and accomplishments.

Robbie Fowler - 100% the opposite.

So glad to hear that. Absolutely love Giggsie, always have.
    RockStars wrote: »
    I met most of the Dancing On Ice stars last month on the tour. Gary Lucy was lovely :) he took his time to chat and have a picture with me and my friend. Matthew Gonzalez was also great, he chatted for about five minutes. The other stars were all friendly but those are the two that really stand out as the nicest :D

Very jealous, my mum would be even more so!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicest:
    Lacey Turner
    Rob Kazinksy
    Kara Tointon
    Jennifer Metcalfe
    Gemma Merna
    Claire Cooper
    Darren Jeffries
    Ashley Taylor-Dawson
    Ben Nicholas

Horrible:
    Tina O'Brien
    Louisa Lytton
    Linda Lusardi
    Kym Marsh

(they're all soapstars because i went to the Soap Awards)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met quite a few cos I'm an extra. Off the top of my head, Ricky Gervais and Connie Fisher were the stand-out ones. Both friendly, polite, and sweet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amberbabe wrote: »
    Nicest:
    Lacey Turner
    Rob Kazinksy
    Kara Tointon
    Jennifer Metcalfe
    Gemma Merna
    Claire Cooper
    Darren Jeffries
    Ashley Taylor-Dawson
    Ben Nicholas

Horrible:
    Tina O'Brien
    Louisa Lytton
    Linda Lusardi
    Kym Marsh

So pleased to hear that about Lacey Turner, and I think that's a nother person who's said that Kym Marsh is not particularly pleasant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So pleased to hear that about Lacey Turner, and I think that's a nother person who's said that Kym Marsh is not particularly pleasant.

Ooh yes, Lacey Turner was lovely! She is really shy in real life! I was talking to her for ages and she was asking where i was from, and how long i have queued to get in etc.

Kym Marsh was horrible! i asked her for a photo, and she was like okay really quickly the press want me for photos and stuff. she didn't talk to anyone.
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't done amazingly on the ol' celebrity but my brother and my dad have!

I went with my brother to a tailors on Portobello Road a few weeks back as he plans for a wedding and just as we were preparing to leave, Michael Barrymore came in with his little dog. He was friendly enough, but also seemed quite low and depressed. Whether he really is, or if it is just a case of him not being the hyperactive maniac he was on TV I don't know.

Other than that, there isn't too much! I walked past John "Nasty Nick" Altman at Stevenage Train Station back in November, and apparently Kim Wilde said I was beautiful when my mum bumped into her at a record shop in Stevenage, haha!

Other people in my family have fared better! Here's a few.

- My dad used to be a painter and decorator and was working in some shop or other in London in the 1980s when George Michael wandered in. My dad said he was extremely polite and made a point of talking to everyone working in the shop. At the same place, Barbara Windsor used to walk past walking her dog and would always give them a wave and say hello.

- My mum, dad and uncle were lucky enough to get tickets for Live Aid. While going to the toilet my dad saw Sting and Bob Geldof chatting, and some girls went over to say hello, he said they both looked at the girls in disgust and ignored them. On the way out of the toilet, my dad saw Brian May and Freddie Mercury, and the same girls approached them. This time, however, Freddie and Brian were wonderful and happily signed autographs.

- My brother was at a gig by The Who a good few years back, and while going to the toilet (a theme here!) he walked past the VIP area just as Mick Jagger was walking out, talking on the phone. My brother, a huge fan of The Rolling Stones was completely starstruck and decided to hang around and wait for Jagger to hang up before going up to him! Jagger, realising what was going on, quickly made his way back into the VIP area. Just as he did, my brothers friend ran over saying "Look, Jeremy Clarkson's over there!", my brother, thoroughly unimpressed said "I couldn't care less where Jeremy Clarkson is, Mick Jagger's behind that door!", only to turn round and see that Clarkson was right next to him, looking extremely peed off!

My brother is a hairdresser and certainly meets some characters. He recently cut the hair of Uriah Heep's Ken Hensley, who was very humble about his musical career, in fact, he only mentioned anything when my brother was talking about his OWN band. "I used to be in and out of band's myself" he said. When my brother asked if he was in anything he'd have heard of, he just simply said "Well I was in Uriah Heep, we had our moment for a few years". He has also cut the hair of a Liverpudlian woman for many, many years who claims that her first date was with none other than a certain John Lennon. My brother said he's known her for years and never made any other lies or bold claims, so he's inclined to believe her. According to her, she was the worst excuse for a man she's ever met in her life. Arrogant, violent, chauvinistic, angry, sarcastic. Not unbelievable, but I still love the music!

I've had a few email conversations with Brian May and he is a wonderful man. I will be meeting him for the first time next Friday at a book signing and I really cannot wait.

I'm sure there is more, but I can't recall them yet!
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Caroline Flack, really nice :)
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amberbabe wrote: »
    Nicest:
    Lacey Turner
    Rob Kazinksy
    Kara Tointon
    Jennifer Metcalfe
    Gemma Merna
    Claire Cooper
    Darren Jeffries
    Ashley Taylor-Dawson
    Ben Nicholas

Horrible:
    Tina O'Brien
    Louisa Lytton
    Linda Lusardi
    Kym Marsh

I've always heard Louisa Lytton is really nice :( What did she do?
  • Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A workmate of mine met James and Ola Jordan, Matthew Cutler and Ian Waite in the theatre bar on the recent Strictly Professionals tour (I went to see the show the next day but wasn’t lucky enough to meet anyone :().

She said they were all really lovely people – and much better looking close up without their make-up on! My friend told them how much she enjoyed the show and said they seemed genuinely appreciative.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant say I have really met this person or that they are famous but here goes

Where my stables are a lot of the Emmerdale lot live in my village. So there I was driving out of the farm and the gate was shut, I heard this geordie voice shout " Hi pet you want me to get this for you?" Thanks so much I replied as I passed she said " I will close it for you pet no need to get out" how lovely, and she was so nice, and it was the lady that plays Val Pollard :D