[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lana Del Rey vor 14 Minuten
#tit foreve
Lana Del Rey vor 1 Stunde
Trust in Tropico. #TIT spread the word.

:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmC7fSSXgQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUqk3CdGN_j8IR9z4uBbVPSg

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time
    Curious to know the delay, as she shot this way back in early summer
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Yes, it really is about time she got this out but of course it will be amazing like all her videos. Seems like she's concentrating her efforts on Barrie's music career at the moment. To be fair, the song is stellar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKCWx_YJj8
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This girl is fantastic and I love what she does although I confess to not following her religiously so I don't always know what's going on. Is Tropico the third album? I can't wait for her to release another album and if Y&B and Black Beauty are anything to go by then it will be excellent
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, no word on the new album except some suggestions from Lana that it's far from imminent as she's struggling to write at the moment (I believe the amazing Black Beauty was written straight after Paradise was released so quite a long time ago). Tropico is the long-promised 30 minute short film incorporating the songs Gods and Monsters, Bel Air and Body Electric from the Paradise EP. Directed by the brilliant Anthony Mandler (who directed Lana's National Anthem and Ride videos).

http://www.spin.com/articles/lana-del-rey-farewell-project-tropico-short-film/
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! My! God! That clip looked amazing, really loved how it was shot too. Would I be right in saying she says "Dear John, forgive us our sins" and then a cowboy who looks not unlike John Wayne appears! This is on top of it already apparently having Elvis (is my Daddy), Marilyn (my Momma) & Jesus (is my bestest friend) in it too plus extra terrestrials(!) to top things off. It is going to be something else.

Possible contender for the best video/short film by a recording artist ever. Accept Taylor Swift will probably rip it off and the idiots that vote for MTV awards will give any awards to her instead (Grrr). Do wonder if Tropico will pave the way for Lana to do a full length film.

Also: Her boyfriend Barry's song was rather brill too. She's obviously had a big influence over him in both terms of imagery and sound.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lana must do films

She would be ace in working with David Lynch or Lars Von Trior
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Why the eyerolling?:confused:

It was more a laughing at her #tit comment on YT (Trust In Tropico) ;)

She made even another comment but later erased it.
    Lana Del Rey vor 16 Minuten
    To inform the quite oblivious/hateful population: I am simply the loving spirit animal of Lana Del Rey; therefore I am not fake. I was created by the godly hands of Lana so we can all "Trust In Tropico." All I have to give is love. #tit
    Forum Member
    By the way, this really is from Lana's official youtube account and was posted under the teaser video. Anyway, it's apparently coming in 2 weeks. :D

WARNING: NSFW, rude language a plenty.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/3af1210d90933410ff288dd180b9cf63/tumblr_mvto6n0WmS1r2t9yeo1_1280.png

:eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant, both in terms of it being only 2 weeks away and Lana's wonderfully swearing conversations with fans! God that girl just has a way with f words...

I do wonder if the long delay was caused by them doing post production on it along the lines of special effects, cause from the clip shown it just looks just so god darned whoo:eek:(!) in terms of visuals. They've obviously gone to town on it and I'm not surprised she's saying its beautiful. Can't wait to see it.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lana must do films

I don't think she'd have the guts to work with Von Trier.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »

Nicole Kidman did
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    her voice makes me melt like butter.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. A year next week since 'The Paradise Edition', beautiful songs from that album
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »

Really?? You don't seem to know too much about Lana. :D
    Forum Member
    Lana must do films

It's absolutely inevitable that this will happen imo and I've been saying it for ages on here. I think film is where her true passion is to be honest. Plus apart from the fact that the camera clearly loves her (to nick a line from Harvey Weinstein ;)) the fact she can also contribute a killer soundtrack makes her very hot property in the film world.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How good an actress is she? she can certainly tell a song through her performance but I need to see her in action first to judge but I do agree she has the ultimate Hollywood look. So if she does go into movies and can act she would be a directors dream.
    Forum Member
    Of course it's not in any way conclusive proof but she's shown in some of her videos that she can act imo. Certainly Born To Die, Ride and National Anthem videos for starters. And apart from the drop dead looks her speaking voice is also hypnotic (witness the monologues from both NA and Ride)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess Tropico will act as her showreel. If acting is where she wants to go.
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    By the way, this really is from Lana's official youtube account and was posted under the teaser video. Anyway, it's apparently coming in 2 weeks. :D

WARNING: NSFW, rude language a plenty.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/3af1210d90933410ff288dd180b9cf63/tumblr_mvto6n0WmS1r2t9yeo1_1280.png

:eek::D

:D:D:D lana lol
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a short film floating around about a year and a half ago where Lana was playing a rich, bitchy LA girl.

EDIT: found it
    http://vimeo.com/46685237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she does do movies I would really like to see her write the film as well as star in it. The creativity she puts into her videos is outstanding. If she was allowed to fully something like that into a full movie the mind boogles at how totally different and original they could be to any other film out there.

She's got the network to make it happen too now; Harvey Weinstein could no doubt fund & promote it, her close pal Jamie King could no doubt co-star in it and why not keep Anthony Mandler on as Director as they seem to have a great understanding. So c'mon Mr Weinstein, whatcha waiting for, get the cheque book out and make it happen!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monroe and Jesus!! :eek: :D

Cannot wait to see this now.
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    There was a short film floating around about a year and a half ago where Lana was playing a rich, bitchy LA girl.

EDIT: found it
    http://vimeo.com/46685237

she looks so cute