Running Up That Hill (Kate Bush) #45
    Free Fallin’ (Tom Petty) #53 & #136
    Good Luck (Basement Jaxx) #133
    Proud Mary (Tina Turner) #191
    Always On My Mind (Elvis Presley) #193
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too old to be in the target audience and I'm a bit too young to have been around when Kate Bush was popular.

So I don't know if most teenagers and people in their early 20s will have heard that song before?
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GlenP wrote: »
    I don't know if this could be a clue as to how people might be voting tonight, but every single YouTube clip of Kate Bush's, "Running up that Hill" is unavailable, possibly due to demand.

If this speculation is correct, then, a big thumbs up to, "The Voice, " for having inspired interest in a classic songs of the last 30 years, by one of the few true musical genii still in the business.

Well, I would agree with you there. Kate is unique and (for me, only my own opinion) the only female artist that would be given the word genius. She is unique, outside of the mainstream. I am a lifelong fan....:D
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bo and David were my favourites tonight.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Yea but I thought there had only been one round of battles - Tom's VS Danny's last Saturday, and the results last Sunday.

It was Tom v Will last week, Danny v Jessie this week.
    Did Danny just suggest that drums can help you find the pitch? Surely not.

I think he meant the drums would help to drown out her voice!
    Why does Holly always sound like she's straining her voice?

Yes, it's ironic that on a show called 'The Voice', the main presenter keeps losing hers!
    I can see Will being dropped next year as I don't think he works on Live TV.

It's already been reported that all 4 coaches are returning next year.
    Mart_UK wrote: »
    Going off Jessie J recently, seems like she cant even string two sentences together. Maybe they're all drunk..

She probably had to have a few stiff drinks before listening to Ruth-Ann's performance.
    Sorry to re-post, but this thread moves so quick.
    Does anybody know?

If you mean was there a live band accompanying the acts last week, the answer is yes.
    Danny says it was pitchy yet stands up for him ???

I got the feeling he didn't want to stand up, but probably had a producer yelling in his ear to do so.

RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Danny's crying?:eek:
    Why is he crying

His dad died when he was the same age Bo is now. I would imaging her experience is reminding him of his own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    It's already been reported that all 4 coaches are returning next year.

No it hasn't.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Team Jessie really does suck

Danny showed tonight he was the best coach by far - each song choice fantastic and he knows his acts so well

Bo, Max and Aleks were fantastic - Hannah and David were great too.

Vince I found too self indulgent, Ruth-Anne out of tune at best, Toni was good but seemed possessed at times, Becky was uncomfortable at times to watch and Cassius was Mr Dull
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    well heres my round up of what I saw today,
    thought the coaches and holly were all alot better for this second live show, so well done bbc for showings signs of improvement

Team Danny

Max Milner 8.5/10 my least favourite of his performances, but he just has something special about him, and his drum playing on the guitar, so cool. Loved it

Hannah Berney 9/10 A real surprise for me but she mashed up the two songs excellently and really made it modern and fun, a great performance, and will be a shame if she is in the bottom two despite being so good

Aleks Josh 8.5/10 As I had a feeling he would he really pulled it out of the bag. I think he is definately a possible winner

David Julien 7/10 A good but not excellent singer and the weakest in the team. Ok performance but didn't do anything to make himself stand out

Bo Bruce 8.5/10 fantastic style, voice, song choice was brilliant, she was excellent. Loved it, just drew me in from start to finish

Team Jessie

Toni Warne 7/10 she has a good voice, but her facial expressions are just too over the top, and she trys too many things. Wasn't the greatest song choice either

Ruth-Ann 3/10 poor girl is just completely out of her depth and probably shouldve never got through the blind auditions let alone the battle rounds. A dead cert to go home

Cassius Henry 7.5/10 I enjoyed it, he has a good RnB voice and stage presence and that should help him survive this first week anyway. He made paradise sound RnB and I enjoyed it

Vince Kidd 8.5/10 his range is ridiculous, when he sings at those high notes it is truly fantastic. God knows what he is wearing but a very impressive performance, want to see him do a modern song next though

Becky Hill 8.5/10 she truly is fantastic, her voice is awesome, and she really does have a stage presence which came out tonight, absolutely loved the long wire, was hillarious

so hannah berney gets the highest rating just because she was truly the biggest surprise of the night for me, and the most improved
    I do think that she will be in the bottom two though, along with david julien. David to go homr

On team jessie ruth ann and toni warne to be in the bottom two with ruth ann most definately sent home I hope
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    What had they got Hannah dressed up in? Awful. I didn't like the writhing. Not nice. Felt Jessie was quite right to remark upon it.

Overall though - WHY do they have to torture music to that extent? I know I'm old but....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toni's performance proved to me again that Kirsten should have definitely gone through instead. Kirsten Joy was great and would have gone so far imo =(
    Forum Member
  • princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    A song like Elvis?? she really has problems expressing herself.

She's not greatly literate; have you heard some of the lyrics on her album? She's got a fantastic voice but I honestly don't think she should write her own music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    So confused about why David was supposedly not in the bottom 2. That beginning was so out of tune it hurt! Please someone explain what was so good about that performance?

If Hannah went that's crazy! She shouldn't have been in the bottom two!

As for Jessie's team. I hope it hasn't damaged Ruth to appear on this show. All the best to her but it was the right choice if she went.

If they sing at the same standard as the first shows, I'd be happy to see these go from each team: David, Toni, Matt & Sueleen, I like Will's team overall but maybe Frances if I had to choose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    theres no way that Max was in the bottom 2! Aleks and Max are the best and the only two people on the show who can actually really sing well!

I'm not bothered about who goes from Jessie's team seeing as they're all rubbish, except Vince who is okay. But that Ruth girl was absolutely hideous! I can't sing to save my life, but i can sing better than her! She definatley should never have even got through the blind auditions! What was Jessie J thinking!?:S Ruth, by no means has no singing career ahead of her - she should just go sit in the trash where she belongs tbh.

But everyone can sing on Danny's team and he definately has the strongest team! Although Bill Downs should have taken the place of one of the girls! Aleks Josh and Max Milner are the best in the whole competition by far! And either Hannah or Bo should go home - i don't mind.

Also, everyone in Tom's team is totally useless - none of them can sing (they need to find the trash where Ruth is) and the same goes for Will's team! - All rubbish!

Danny's team (and Vince from Jessie J's team) are the only people worth watching!!
    Forum Member
    Coiuld we try to keep spoilers out of this thread... people mayu not want tonights show to be ruined. There is a spoiler thread designed to stop people on here chatting about who was bottom 2/ supposedly voted out
    Forum Member
    Coiuld we try to keep spoilers out of this thread... people mayu not want tonights show to be ruined. There is a spoiler thread designed to stop people on here chatting about who was bottom 2/ supposedly voted out

Totally agree - really annoying for those of us who want to wait until tonight. :mad: I thought I'd clicked on the wrong thread at first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should add no spoilers to the thread title next week that might help. :)
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    Maybe we should add no spoilers to the thread title next week that might help. :)

Well its in the op and tbh there is a spoiler thread which is on the 1st page too.

Plus there isn't enough space for all those words (I dont think anyway :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its in the op and tbh there is a spoiler thread which is on the 1st page too.

Plus there isn't enough space for all those words (I dont think anyway :D)

True. :D

I just wish some people would think before they post spoilers. I mean at least use a spoiler tag if needs must be. :p
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm too old to be in the target audience and I'm a bit too young to have been around when Kate Bush was popular.

So I don't know if most teenagers and people in their early 20s will have heard that song before?

17 year old here, huge Kate Bush fan, RUTH is one of my favourite songs of all time, so when I heard Bo was singing it, I was elated because I knew her voice would do it enough justice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    so glad that Hannah and Ruth-Ann got eliminated!! :D
    Which means that Aleks and Max are still there!! :D
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky you might want to edit your post as you have a massive honking spoiler in a non spoiler thread. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Team Danny - Max was the best for me, same type of voice as Michael Buble. I liked Bo as well. David Julien reminded me of Matt Cardle, not to my tastes.

Team Jessie - Toni was shouty and none of the rest did it really apart from Becky Hill.

For me, this week wasn't as good as the previous show.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    My thoughts:
    Toni is not likeable. Bizarre singing style and detracts from the actual voice. She could do with getting wig just to make her look a bit less like Nosferatu.

Max. Ick. Stage school. Too much prancing around.

Ruth Ann. For the love of all that is holy, save this girl from making a fool of herself again.

Matt Cardle. Screeching and weird. Thought he was going to grab an umbrella and make like Mary Poppins.

Vince Kidd - well at least he was different but I can't bear all the runs. Annoying.

Becky - manic madness. Loved it.

Bo Bruce. Derivative nonsense. She is nothing special. Cred for not wheeling out the sob story though although Danny made sure we all know.

Enjoyed it though
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm struggling to pick a favourite one out of last night, most were carcrash. Agree with most of the above post.

I'll give Max a bit of a leeway, although it is a bit forced and stage school. Compared to how contrived (and bloody awful) Vince was though he seemed a natural ;)

Becky could have fallen straight out of XF, so keep her in just for how out of place she is in this 'deadly serious' singing contest.

I will mute Toni the next time she is on, it was only by pure chance every glass object in my house didn't shatter.

Bo reminds me of Katie Weasel singing in the style of Diana Vickers. Desperate and sucks any emotion out of a song, even a great one like last night, by being too focussed on performing it in her style. Even with all the build-up and the pimp slot I found it completely underwhelming.