How do I convert radio recordings from a Humax HDR-Fox T2 to MP3?

Does anyone know a quick and convenient way to extract radio shows that have been recorded on a Humax HDR-Fox T2 so that they can be played on any standard MP3 player?

I just copied a radio series on to a USB memory stick as directed in the Humax manual, only to find that what I get are bulky .TS files containing the audio track and a still picture of a musical note.

I did find some postings on here from 2007 describing how to use the command line interface of VideoLan's VLC software, but it appears that over the years the syntax has changed and I don't know how to update it.

What I am looking for is a "batch" solution that will convert a whole bunch of files without having to go into each one and wait for it.

I am willing to spend some money on a working solution, but do not want to pay for something only then to find it does not do the job.

I have available PCs running Windows 7 and Windows XP. No Mac equipment.

Any ideas?

Julian

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    I use the rec2mp3 utility available via the Topfield user forum. Originally written for the .rec files from a Topfield PVR it works just as well on the .ts files from my Humax Foxsat HDR. I assume the .ts files from the Fox T2 are the same?

The utility comes with a batch file which can be used to find and convert all .rec and .ts files it finds in the same folder as it is run from. Just run and forget till all done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Do you have a current, verified link to download rec2mp3? I looked it up on Topfield forums, the discussions are again several years old, and the link no longer works.

Also, how can I verify that the LAME and MPLAYER pre-requisites are the correct, compatible version?

Thanks,

Julian
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    http://www.soniclife.byethost7.com/rec2mp3.html

The discussion continues up to last month and as is normal the current download link is edited into the first post. The utility itself was last updated in May.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Thanks I got it now. I had been looking on the "official" Topfield forums not Sonic Life.