Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to this but the trailer was a disappointment - A lot of scenes with no audio, makes me wonder if they aren't sure how to market it, because those scenes were lacklusture.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this but the trailer was a disappointment - A lot of scenes with no audio, makes me wonder if they aren't sure how to market it, because those scenes were lacklusture.

It's only a first trailer, give it a chance!

They only finished filming a couple of months ago, and it doesn't go on release until Christmas Day, so chances are all the sounds editing isn't done yet. I would guess the cinematic trailer will be completely different.

Looks pretty good to me though, and the cast is fantastic, I'd go and see any movie with Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner in it no matter what the trailer looked like!
  • Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to me as more of a teaser than an actual trailer, with hardly any of the plot being given away. Another trailer in a few months may look a little more solid.

Also, why wasn't De Niro credited in it? I'd have thought Lawrence and him could have a tussle for the 'with' and the 'and'. Perhaps he's only in it for a scene or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, why wasn't De Niro credited in it? I'd have thought Lawrence and him could have a tussle for the 'with' and the 'and'. Perhaps he's only in it for a scene or two.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that his is basically a cameo role. But I may be wrong on that.

The leads seem to be Bale, Cooper, Adams and possibly Renner. Lawrence's role is definitely supporting.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good to me though, and the cast is fantastic, I'd go and see any movie with Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner in it no matter what the trailer looked like!

Same here :)
  • JFDonaghyJFDonaghy Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    after Wolf Of Wall Street this is the movie i'm looking forward to the most this year. (already seen Place Beyond The Pines)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JFDonaghy wrote: »
    after Wolf Of Wall Street this is the movie i'm looking forward to the most this year. (already seen Place Beyond The Pines)

Add Serena and August: Osage County to that list and you've got my most-anticipated Oscar-bait movies as well. Then add The Hunger Games: Catching Fire to get the list as a whole :o:D
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see this film. Amy Adams looks amazing.
  • JFDonaghyJFDonaghy Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Add Serena and August: Osage County to that list and you've got my most-anticipated Oscar-bait movies as well. Then add The Hunger Games: Catching Fire to get the list as a whole :o:D

doubt any of them are Oscar bait but Her, Don Jon, Fading Gigolo, Out Of The Furnace, A Single Shot and Filth rounds up mine..i think.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a new international trailer - looks great.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to this. Been a fan of Amy adams for ages and it's great to see her in a lead role for once, as she is nearly always supporting.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this but I think the UK date keeps being shift about
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the trailer at the Catching Fire showing last night - looks great!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lily.xo wrote: »
    Saw the trailer at the Catching Fire showing last night - looks great!

Oh that's good promo for 'J Law' :D She's a fab actress, talented girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    Oh that's good promo for 'J Law' :D She's a fab actress, talented girl.

That's what I thought. You could see that people were immediately interested after hearing her name! She's fantastic though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the trailer before Catching Fire today as well, it really does look good. And the Jennifer Lawrence connection was getting people interested in the screening I was in too :D
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another film with Amy Adams in a short space of time? Sigh.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Man of Steel was four months ago and was filed almost a year before American Hustle. How often is she allowed to work, according to you?
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Saw a trailer for it today - couldn't make head nor tail of it, had to check imdb, for more info on it - sounds good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well there's a very easy solution - if you don't like her, don't watch her movies.

There's no law about how often she's allowed to work, you know :rolleyes:
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there's a very easy solution - if you don't like her, don't watch her movies.

Hey, it's not my fault they stick her in movies I want to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, it's not my fault they stick her in movies I want to watch.

Well, your choice then, be mature and watch the movie if you want to rather than boycotting it just because it's got one actress you don't like, and stop moaning about the fact that's she's working, which she's perfectly entitled to do.

Or don't, your choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy Adams is a good actress but her and Isla Fisher could be twins! It's spooky how alike they look! Love them both though