Lost Girl - Season 3 - Canadian Pace - No Spoilers

Comments

• barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Is it me, or have Bo's boobs got bigger?

I haven't noticed that, but maybe it's to do with her pregnancy.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Glad that the Fake Kenzie bitch was rumbled quickly. We want our Kenzie back!

And Bo & Lauren are so smashing.

E! online is having a poll for best TV couple. The final is between Brittanna (Glee) and Doccubus.

Dr Hotpants and Bo are edging it at the moment, You can vote until tomorrow evening.

http://www.eonline.com/news/387245/tv-s-top-couples-vote-in-the-final-round

Ooh thanks for this. I'm glad they have gotten to the final and hopefully can win. Dr. Hotpants :D

Re fake Kenzi, I thought that was really well done because the transition from being normal needy Kenzi to this crazy bitch was quite subtle. It was only until she deleted Lauren's text that I realised she wasn't really herself. I'm glad she was sussed out soon as well, she was quite funny being bitchy to everyone but I don't know if I could've handled anymore :p I wonder if what's happened to her is connected to whatever is on her arm.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wooo! :D So happy. It's also great publicity for the show in general so it's brilliant that they won.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame! Would have loved the others to win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Absolutly love this show :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought that was a great episode. Lots of things happening and a lot of questions. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that no one else apart from Tamsin could recognise that Kenzi wasn't Kenzi, but apart from that I thought it was really good.

I'm really loving Tamsin now. I always liked her before but after this episode she went up in my list of favourite characters. She kind of reminds me of Bo in a way that she didn't have anyone and she feels out of place. I'm hoping she becomes part of the family and doesn't die at the end of the season. Also, her facial expressions are just awesome :D
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why no one other than Tamsin was willing to believe Bo.

Oh, and I'm very curious as to why she has gone from "I must take Bo down for killing Fae!" to "I shall believe Bo when no one else does, help her save her friend, and then lie to the Morrigan to protect her". What's her angle?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think she fancies a walk on the light side.

Good episode this week. Crazy Kenzie was good. Ksenia Solo must have had a ball filming it. Well done Dyson for resisting. You're a stronger man than me.

Short interview with the lovely Zoie Palmer. I might start to follow her cat on twitter.

http://www.afterellen.com/2013/02/exclusive-zoie-palmer-talks-lost-girl-cats-twitter-and-power-lesbian-fandom
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the interview. She knows her Harry Potter.

Just a heads up in case people don't know. The next episode isn't on until a week on Sunday. Because of the Oscars they aren't showing it this Sunday. Understandable but a bit of a bummer!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I don't get why no one other than Tamsin was willing to believe Bo.

Maybe because Bo neglected to mention the reasons why she thought Kenzi wasn't Kenzi? She acted weird last week in front of Trick as well, so basically just stupid writing.

Loved the Morrigan referring to them as the "happy sunshine gang" :D There was a great line from Tamsin as well, but I can't remember it.......something about being sufficiently juiced? :o
    Forum Member
    Syfy has renewed drama series Lost Girl for a fourth season of 13 episodes, which is set to air in 2014.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Syfy has renewed drama series Lost Girl for a fourth season of 13 episodes, which is set to air in 2014.

Brilliant news!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even better to find out that the season will be airing later this year. Not too long to wait thank goodness, but then again these two weeks have been dragging so slowly, I need my Lost Girl fix!
    Forum Member
    That has to be wrong - Anna Silk is pregnant. Can't imagine they'd write that into the show (hopefully not...getting a bit sick of babies on TV). Same time next year would be my guess, maybe even a month or so later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good episode I thought. I liked getting to see Bo's hometown and get a bit more backstory about her life there. I thought the last scene between Bo and her mother was done really well. Anna Silk was great in that scene, but the actress playing her mother acted wonderfully. It was really moving.

Also great to have some fun Bo and Kenzi moments. It was nice having them back together like old times. Do horses really poop in barns? :D

Trick has pretty much been a douchebag this season. I know he has always been more concerned with the Fae, but the way he has been talking about Kenzi and now Lauren has really irked me. He's been a lot more anti-human rather than pro-Fae this season and I'm not liking him for it.

I've had more respect for Dyson recently. Although I do like all characters, Dyson, along with Trick, was at the bottom of the list. But he seems to be a lot more maturer now than he was in previous seasons and it's nice how he is not wanting to get in the way of Bo and Lauren's relationship now. Having said that, the writers really need to give his character an interesting storyline because he really hasn't done that much this season apart from feel sad. I think that's partly the result of this silly wolves mate for life issue that at the moment has forced him into a corner that he can't get out of until Bo discovers he has his love back. I really hope they find a way to fix that because I'm finding it detrimental to his character. I have a feeling that may be resolved in episode 10 since Michelle Lovretta has written that and I believe she created the Bo/Dyson relationship, so it feels as though that will be an important episode for those characters, perhaps more of a means of closure rather than setting something new up since I doubt she will have much bearing on the direction of the show now.

I missed Tamsin in this episode. I enjoy her humour and think she's a good balance for Dyson. I suppose I shouldn't complain of her absence too much, poor Hale has hardly been seen this season.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the pilot some time ago and thought it was OK. Took a while to decide to give it a go and watch through seasons 1 and 2 and must say this show is a pretty good effort if you like glamourous girlies and supernatural action with some sexy scenes and some funny moments too.

I think I was concerned that it might develop into a GLBT rights preach-fest, but in fact the "love is where you find it" message is quite tastefully done and is one of the selling-points of the show.

Is there a word for someone who is sexually attracted to The Norn (a nornosexual perhaps)? If so I am coming out! Respect to the actress (Kate Trotter?) for her portrayal of the cackling crone who captured my heart.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Kenzie, no Dyson and no Hale and yet I thought this week's episode was quite a good one. Trick's new lady-friend is quite a hottie. Tamsin is starting to interest me which she wasn't at first. Emmanuelle Vaugier was in The Mentalist this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The episode annoyed me slightly by throwing spanners into the Doccubus love machine, but Bo and Tamsin make an interesting couple. I enjoyed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode annoyed me slightly by throwing spanners into the Doccubus love machine, but Bo and Tamsin make an interesting couple. I enjoyed it.

I see Bo and Tamsin more as friends than love interests, but the scene in Lauren's house made me think that perhaps Tamsin may have developed feelings for Bo, or maybe it's more because she is starting to feel like part of the team and Bo has helped her with that. Not sure, but I'm loving Tamsin so I really hope they aren't setting her up for a sacrifice by the end of the season.

It was such a fun episode, lots of funny moments. Tipsy Lauren and Bo were great! It didn't actually bother me that Kenzi wasn't in it even though I love her. I think that's because all the other girls had some good moments in this episode.

So Bo knows Dyson has his love back. I quite liked she just said it out of the blue in her drunken state. I hope that those that were worrying she would leave Lauren to go back to Dyson when she found out don't need to worry anymore. I don't think the writers would be that silly!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish she would go back to Dyson. He is so much better than Lauren who I find boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Bo and Tamsin more as friends than love interests, but the scene in Lauren's house made me think that perhaps Tamsin may have developed feelings for Bo, or maybe it's more because she is starting to feel like part of the team and Bo has helped her with that. Not sure, but I'm loving Tamsin so I really hope they aren't setting her up for a sacrifice by the end of the season.

It was such a fun episode, lots of funny moments. Tipsy Lauren and Bo were great! It didn't actually bother me that Kenzi wasn't in it even though I love her. I think that's because all the other girls had some good moments in this episode.

So Bo knows Dyson has his love back. I quite liked she just said it out of the blue in her drunken state. I hope that those that were worrying she would leave Lauren to go back to Dyson when she found out don't need to worry anymore. I don't think the writers would be that silly!

I suspect there may end up being a cheating situation on the Doc's part to initiate a break up. And I'll be glad when it happens... Bo and Lauren don't have a fulfilling relationship - Bo lies to Lauren too much than is healthy and there's the sexual issues - a healthy open relationship is one where both partners embrace the open - not where one is forced into it by circumstance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    I suspect there may end up being a cheating situation on the Doc's part to initiate a break up. And I'll be glad when it happens... Bo and Lauren don't have a fulfilling relationship - Bo lies to Lauren too much than is healthy and there's the sexual issues - a healthy open relationship is one where both partners embrace the open - not where one is forced into it by circumstance

I expect there will be a break-up, I'm quite surprised they have been together for this long (not that I'm unhappy about that), but I don't see it as a result of Lauren cheating. Perhaps the strain of everything happening in Bo's life at the moment coupled with her lying may be what halt's the relationship. I expect though that even with a break-up there will always be that love there between the two of them, which could still make for some interesting viewing. I admit though I'm a massive fan of Bo and Lauren's tragic, romantic relationship between a Fae and human and I find their relationship much more interesting compared to that of Bo and Dyson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't go down the road of Lauren cheating with that sceintist bloke. Although it's never been explicitly stated, she has been shown to be a lesbian, rather than a bi-sexual like Bo, and others like Kenzie who have been shown to be heterosexual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that episode was a massive dose of WTF, and not in a good way. Not an episode I'm going to watch again anytime soon. A few interesting moments, such as the mention of The Wanderer, Dyson and Lauren's role reversal, the brunette popping up everywhere in Bo's Dawning, and Kenzi's story. All of which however, were overshadowed by this whole Dyson situation. Yes, I've made clear that I'm a Doccubus fan but just in general, I thought this episode was just badly done and Bo seems to be going out-of-character. Here we go again, another episode where Dyson plays hero and is apparently "charming". It's frustrating because Dyson said he was happy for Bo and Lauren being in a good place, says he doesn't like them being together but respects them, and then proceeds to kiss Bo. Then when Bo brings him back to life, he acts as if they are back together, with no thought of how Lauren feels. Perhaps it's just me, but it makes me feel that Dyson only helped Bo in her Dawning as a way to reignite their feelings for one another, not so respectful of her relationship with Lauren.

But probably the main issue I had with all of this was the fact that Bo chose Dyson's well-being over Kenzi and Lauren's. I wasn't too happy that the first time she chi-sucks them was to save Dyson, that just didn't sit right with me.

I have to hope that this isn't the end of the Dawning. For something that was built up as a big deal, to be over with a few episodes to go would be a shame. I hope that there is more to come and involves everyone and not just Dyson.

I'm definitely thinking that Bo's father is Dr. Taft who creepily showed up at Lauren's apartment in the previous episode. I have a feeling he wasn't introduced just for the sake of it, perhaps something similar to Aoife who reappeared after her introductory episode. It was also nice to see her in this episode, despite only for a moment.