Mutya Keisha Siobhan - second single (TBA)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have lost a bit of respect for Jade after the split, she seemed to be the one that wanted to create the hype of Sugababes actually finishing. Why would Jade be messaging Keisha. I did wonder is Amelle and Jade were as close as made out.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,761
    Forum Member
    I have lost a bit of respect for Jade after the split, she seemed to be the one that wanted to create the hype of Sugababes actually finishing. Why would Jade be messaging Keisha. I did wonder is Amelle and Jade were as close as made out.

She timed every announcement around an MKS release, the video and single, which is strange.

Of course, we don't know if Jade actually did message Keisha. Keisha is known for saying things that could stretch the truth slightly lol.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody realistically see them releasing any further music?

A comeback single that charts at number 50 cannot be overlooked.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they need to forget about commercial success and look for an indie label that will be able to promote them to the fans they still have.
    If I am honest though I always felt that MKS was odd, it gave me an off feeling right from the get go, those three started the original group but they were never meant to be together imo, MKH were the Sugababes, Siobhan is too independent of an artist to conform herself to a girlband.
    However, bith line-ups had the perfect balance in terms of vocals, they both had softer/higher range voices with Siobhan and Heidi, both had deeper/huskier vocals with Mutya and Amelle, and both had strong, soulful singers in Keisha and Jade, I think that any combination of the three types would fit, e.g. Siobhan, Jade and Mutya, it would just be weird lol.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutya keisha shiobahn and that's it for me . The rest were garbage, and no more change up. The magic is in MKS
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are done sadly. The longer we hear nothing the less chance there is. The comeback flopped. Its difficult to see any label wanting to throw more money at an act that isn't delivering the goods.
    Forum Member
    Mutya keisha shiobahn and that's it for me . The rest were garbage, and no more change up. The magic is in MKS

So you never liked Or bought any 2.0 onwards?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah shame they ruined it by bullying and infighting. Although it caused my favourite line up of Mutya Keisha Heidi. I don't think MKS have created any magic being back together (only their top 50 smash hit to go on) and are almost a 2.0 tribute act.

Siobhan singing Too Lost in You is as bad as Amelle singing it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I don't think their next single or album will do well. Not many people outside of this forum seem to be interested. If Mutya, Keisha and Heidi had reformed instead more people would be interested as that seems to be the most popular Sugababes lineup. I will probably still buy the MKS album if it is released but it depends if I like the music (which will probably sound dated as they've been sitting on it since 2011/2012.
    Forum Member
    Yeah shame they ruined it by bullying and infighting. Although it caused my favourite line up of Mutya Keisha Heidi. I don't think MKS have created any magic being back together (only their top 50 smash hit to go on) and are almost a 2.0 tribute act.

Siobhan singing Too Lost in You is as bad as Amelle singing it.

I agree tbh. I don't see the original Sugababes, I see Siobhan as Heidi's replacement now sadly. And as much as I love Siobhan and her voice, I really don't think she adds anything to 2.0 songs that Heidi couldn't when she was singing them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just tweeted on twitter
    Forum Member
    They just tweeted on twitter

It's just empty words. It's been coming since August 2012. Whatever album they've made will likely sound really outdated by now.

Instead of keeping on saying "it's coming", it needs to come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't wait for the album . I need new music anyway
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling the album won't be the masterpiece people are expecting tbh.

I don't like people saying anything other than 1.0 are crap. Songs like Freak, Round Round, Hole In The Head, Push The Button and About You Now are pop classics and are still played on my local radio station. Just this morning Stronger was played. Overload, New Year, Run For Cover, Soul Sound, not so much.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just empty words. It's been coming since August 2012. Whatever album they've made will likely sound really outdated by now.

Instead of keeping on saying "it's coming", it needs to come.

The best Sugababes' music doesn't date though. It is not like they are doing throw-away pop or EDM which dates very quickly.
    And if Flatline is anything to go by, the album will sound timeless:)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I get the feeling the album won't be the masterpiece people are expecting tbh.

I don't like people saying anything other than 1.0 are crap. Songs like Freak, Round Round, Hole In The Head, Push The Button and About You Now are pop classics and are still played on my local radio station. Just this morning Stronger was played. Overload, New Year, Run For Cover, Soul Sound, not so much.

The last time I heard New Year being played anywhere was at Christmas. VH1 were playing it. Apart from that I never hear any 1.0/MKS songs. I hate to say this, but I actually think Heidi is more of a Sugababe than Siobhan.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether they want to admit it or not this project was doomed from the start, they have little chemistry nor do the public care about them.
    No one cared 14 years ago why would they now? If they want to be successful Mutya and Keisha need to ditch Siobhan and recruit Heidi, then start making pop bangers like Freak and Push again.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    So what's the news then ?
    Forum Member
    The last time I heard New Year being played anywhere was at Christmas. VH1 were playing it. Apart from that I never hear any 1.0/MKS songs. I hate to say this, but I actually think Heidi is more of a Sugababe than Siobhan.

She is more of a Sugababe. She was there for 10 years, 6 #1 singles, 2 #1 albums, 17 UK top ten singles, four headline tours. She is more of a Sugababe than both Mutya and Siobhan.

Watching MKS perform the Sugababes classics isn't as good as watching 2.0 perform them. Heidi never took Siobhan's vocals on Overload and Run For Cover, it's weird hearing Siobhan sing Heidi's. And as I've said, she's a great singer but she doesn't add anything that Heidi didn't.
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    So what's the news then ?

The news will probably the second single or album release but I don't really see the point now. It will be nice to hear their work but it's not going to do anything spectacular. It took One Touch around eight years to go Gold.

I find it interesting that fans supported MKS more than they did 4.0 yet 4.0 got 2 half decent selling singles off Sweet 7.

ETA: They could be changing name back to Sugababes, it would make it a little bit easier when one quits and 5.0 is formed
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The news will probably the second single or album release but I don't really see the point now. It will be nice to hear their work but it's not going to do anything spectacular. It took One Touch around eight years to go Gold.

I find it interesting that fans supported MKS more than they did 4.0 yet 4.0 got 2 half decent selling singles off Sweet 7.

ETA: They could be changing name back to Sugababes, it would make it a little bit easier when one quits and 5.0 is formed

Well that is easy to understand...MKS has both Mutya and Keisha, while 4.0 only had Heidi.
    Therefore MKS are seen as being a more true version of "Sugababes"
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Well that is easy to understand...MKS has both Mutya and Keisha, while 4.0 only had Heidi.
    Therefore MKS are seen as being a more true version of "Sugababes"

But my point is, the "true" Sugababes sold 5,000 copies and reached #50, Sugababes scored 2 top ten hits despite having much less support
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amelle was a sugababe too. her coming in allowed Keisha and Heidi to continue, they could have very much continued on their own which would have worked. It's not fair to dismiss Amelle and Heidi's contributions, especially Heidi.

I never saw Heidi as NuSiobhan, as Hollie said Heidi didn't cover Siobhan's parts like Amelle or Jade did Mutya or Keisha.

I do think they want and may get the brand of Sugababes back, hence why no formal Sugababes ending announcement from 4.0.

Sugababes may be the known name but it's tainted. The 3 originals helped it to be tainted.

Going from SiobhanMutyaKeisha/MutyaKeishaHeidi/KeishaHeidiAmelle/HeidiAmelleJade/MutyaKeishaSiobhan will not help matters. MKS needed to distance themselves from the brand, they needed to stick to their "This is the only line-up" stance they had.

By being Sugababes again, people will joke "when's Heidi joining". They are starting again, they should have started afresh. They panicked and decided being Sugababes will sort everything. It won't.

If they do become Sugababes 5.0 or 1.1 and mainly doing 2.0 songs, they are still not the full article and that's the problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus it's obvious things aren't harmonious, if it goes worse when they have the name of Sugababes then it's a laughing stock even more
    Forum Member
    Mutya's tweeting big things are happening so it's either the album, Big Reunion which I think they would do, or in true Sugababes style, Keisha has left and MKS have become MJS lol

ETA: Best tweet I've seen in ages:

"@JonPaul626: @keisha_buchanan @MutyaBuena @siobhandonaghy ha lock them bathroom windows shiv will be on the off again 😁"