Misfits - Series 4 Discussion

18910111214»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How good would it've been if the 4 horsemen were the 4 dead probation workers hehe
  • cold_as_stonecold_as_stone Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Am I missing something?

1. What was the nuns power?
    2. Why did she have to be killed by the 4 horsemen?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I missing something?

1. What was the nuns power?
    2. Why did she have to be killed by the 4 horsemen?

Her power was to bring forth the four horsemen of the apocalypse when people around her are 'bad' - which is why they appeared at the end when Finn, Jess, Abbey & Alex were fighting. And why she had to stay in the convent - away from the evils of the world that might cause her to accidentally bring forth the 4HMotA.

Because it was her power, the only way to get rid of the horsemen was for her to die.

HTH:)
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Her power was to bring forth the four horsemen of the apocalypse when people around her are 'bad' - which is why they appeared at the end when Finn, Jess, Abbey & Alex were fighting. And why she had to stay in the convent - away from the evils of the world that might cause her to accidentally bring forth the 4HMotA.

Because it was her power, the only way to get rid of the horsemen was for her to die.

HTH:)

Yeah, but it makes no sense, because surely she has summoned them already, and she wasn't killed that time?

I guess you could hypothesise that the convent provided a form of sanctuary.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did they know this was her power though? Surely this means they were summoned before and "put back in the box" as it were?
  • Golem XofGolem Xof Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    This might be an unsatisfactory answer but maybe when Nadine acquired that power she just knew or felt in her mind that she was capable of doing it and she told the other nuns and they believed her and kept her isolated.

Or maybe it happened that at first she conjured up the Four Horsemen but since the power was new to her, or maybe the badness she witnessed wasn't so extreme, that they did not materialise as fully as in the episode and so maybe they faded away without the need for Nadine to be killed.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    No matter how you look at it, it's bad writing.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    No.

The show's moved on from them.

Only because it had to.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Only because it had to.

True but it's still moved on as have the actors themselves.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought when she was exposed to naughtiness that they appeared and killed the bad ones she saw and went, so hid in the convent to not be exposed to anything else that would call them back, so maybe they just killed someone before that she saw doing something bad and went.
    As bad is always going to be around her she died to take them away, it must have been that or all her new friends dying and them disappearing and her living in the convent forever?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just thought when she was exposed to naughtiness that they appeared and killed the bad ones she saw and went, so hid in the convent to not be exposed to anything else that would call them back, so maybe they just killed someone before that she saw doing something bad and went.
    As bad is always going to be around her she died to take them away, it must have been that or all her new friends dying and them disappearing and her living in the convent forever?

That makes sense:)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this late, but just finished watching series 4. Personally I think its not as good as 1-3, I loved 1-2 and 3 was good but 4 I found quite boring there was little focus on their powers and just not the same as the others without Rudy this series would have been really boring. I did enjoy the rabbit ep.

I know the actors have probably moved on but I wish the old cast could return for the last ever series, Simon could do some superhoodie thing and save himself and Alisha and the others just return.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

Still got the whole of season 4 to watch still on my Tivo box, is it worth watching? A few times my finger has hovered over the Delete series button!
  • handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took a few eps to bed in but I think it's worth seeing. The newcomers are not immediately likeable, but I think it's easy to forget that a lot of the original characters were rather unpleasant and only developed as the series went on.

Give it a go, and I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »

Not surprised but with Howard Overman also working on Atlantis, I do wonder if Series 5 will be it's last though.