Man about the house Itv3 daily

1235»

Comments

• JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Looks like its finishing this Friday with only four episodes left of the entire series. The episode on Friday is the third episode of the sixth and final series. But next week there are Poirot repeats in its place and no sign of it over the Christmas fortnight. I really hope they show the remaining four episodes in January followed by a rerun of Robins Nest and George And Mildred.
  • keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Looks like its finishing this Friday with only four episodes left of the entire series. The episode on Friday is the third episode of the sixth and final series. But next week there are Poirot repeats in its place and no sign of it over the Christmas fortnight. I really hope they show the remaining four episodes in January followed by a rerun of Robins Nest and George And Mildred.

George & Mildred was on today, can't believe they stopped just ahead of the episode where we get to see Sally Thomset sunbathing!
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Didnt the series end up with Chrissy falling for Robin's brother played by Norman Eshley who also played the neighbour in George And mildred and was also in an earlier Man About The House episode playing a married man Chrissy dated? Would really like to see these last few episodes.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I prefer this to the very safe George and Mildred. Some of the humour is a bit controversial at this point in time, but the comination of comedy powerhouses Joyce, Murphy and Sullivan is a joy.

Probably one of the very few popular british sitcoms without a xmas edition.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    I prefer this to the very safe George and Mildred. Some of the humour is a bit controversial at this point in time, but the comination of comedy powerhouses Joyce, Murphy and Sullivan is a joy.

Probably one of the very few popular british sitcoms without a xmas edition.

I always thought the comedy potential in MATH came from George and Mildred, the other three were OK but could'nt have supported the show on their own.
    Stick my neck out and say one of the few instances where the spin off sit-com is better than the original IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought the comedy potential in MATH came from George and Mildred, the other three were OK but could'nt have supported the show on their own.
    Stick my neck out and say one of the few instances where the spin off sit-com is better than the original IMO.
    Definitly agree there,just found G+M on in the mornings so sky+ ing the lot,it will give me something to watch over christmas that will genuinly make me laugh.Daft old fasioned humour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Looks like its finishing this Friday with only four episodes left of the entire series. The episode on Friday is the third episode of the sixth and final series..

The last four episodes start being shown on ITV3 from today at 4.05pm.