Can I ask for two TV sockets?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
I don't need a multiroom setup, but in winter we like to watch telly in the kitchen as our living room is a bit cold. If we got VM installed, could we ask for two sockets so we can move to box as the weather demands?

Comments

• SiriusSirius Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they would approve of the idea of you moving the STB from one to the other.

However, if your TV was in the kitchen, and broadband in the living room (for example) both operate off the same cables.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just use a splitter and run some cable to the other point and job done, and if you explain it to the installer they may run the cable for you (tea & biscuits are great bribery tools)
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you get an additional V HD box installed then cancel after a month or so as there's never usually a contract and then you would have a socket in the kitchen although you may have to pay a one off installation fee.
  • Jez_GafysJez_Gafys Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Ask the engineer when he's round he put a socket into one of our bedrooms before and we moved boxes about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So the cable that goes into digital box is also a broadband connection?

I have the 'Superhub' in the living room, and the cable box in another room. Could I put a splitter on the cable box for a wired internet connection in that room? My wireless is atrocious!
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the cable that goes into digital box is also a broadband connection?

I have the 'Superhub' in the living room, and the cable box in another room. Could I put a splitter on the cable box for a wired internet connection in that room? My wireless is atrocious!

Yes, that is how mine is wired, 1 cable into living room, which goes into a splitter, then 2 cables come out of the splitter, 1 to my Tivo, the other to my Superhub.

As they are F connectors, something like this will do - http://www.maplin.co.uk/2-way-f-splitter-29530

Then 2 small cables with an f connector on each end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    Just use a splitter and run some cable to the other point and job done, and if you explain it to the installer they may run the cable for you (tea & biscuits are great bribery tools)

dont tell them that,they will charge u big money..
    do it your self,some loads of money