iOS 6.1.3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
Forum Member
✭✭
Available now. Fixes the passcode lock bypass exploit.

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long did that take?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it took a while.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took about 10 mins each on my iPod and iPad.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Kills the jailbreak option too as it fixes one of the holes the latest evasion one uses.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    It took about 10 mins each on my iPod and iPad.

Love it!!! Made my day!! :)
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My kids have ipod touch 4. They are on the initial 6 release. Not had any bother with them. Is it worth updating or as well leaving them? They only really play minecraft and other games like candy crush and now and then music
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would be great if you could configure it so that when somebody tries to use the lock bypass Siri would tell them to fvck off. A phone with an attitude :D
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No issues here.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apparently in fixing the lock screen bypass bug, they have created another one....

http://www.zdnet.com/apple-ios-6-1-3-fix-contains-another-lock-screen-bypass-flaw-7000012912/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Apparently in fixing the lock screen bypass bug, they have created another one....

http://www.zdnet.com/apple-ios-6-1-3-fix-contains-another-lock-screen-bypass-flaw-7000012912/

iOS just seems to be falling apart by the day.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is also a lock screen bypass on some Samsung devices

Samsung's Galaxy Note 2 Suffers From Yet Another Security Flaw
    http://uk.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=7660283

Galaxy Note II security flaw lets intruders gain full device ac... http://uk.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=7657229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha, that's a ridiculous exaggeration and you know it.

Disappointing that another exploit has been discovered, but this kind of thing isn't limited to iOS at all. Have Samsung fixed their lock screen exploit? (I genuinely don't know.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dup post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, that's a ridiculous exaggeration and you know it.

Disappointing that another exploit has been discovered, but this kind of thing isn't limited to iOS at all. Have Samsung fixed their lock screen exploit? (I genuinely don't know.)

I fess up :) Its an exaggeration :o.

Whats the samsung lock screen exploit? I genuinely dont know, gonna have to google it now :).

Edit: do you mean this one discovered? (just watched the youtube video, thats bloody shocking!)
    http://androidcommunity.com/new-samsung-galaxy-s-3-lockscreen-bypass-discovered-20130320/
  • east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone had problems with trying to install this so far? I've tried for the 2nd night in a row and it just fails at verification saying "iOS 6.1.3 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet".

I'm on wifi and have Internet connectivity so I don't understand the problem. All other iOS updates have worked fine. I'm using an iPhone 4S on EE
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and the misses updated our iPhone 4S's, took about 10mins from start to finish
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I updated both ipod touch 4 of kids last night no problem. On one I needed to create a little space but other than that they went fine.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and yet it does not fix the blue tooth issue. The Bluetooth on the iphone no longer connects to other device
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    and yet it does not fix the blue tooth issue. The Bluetooth on the iphone no longer connects to other device

What is the Bluetooth issue? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking. It connects to my car and lets me control music through the steering wheel controls without a problem.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    has anyone had problems with trying to install this so far? I've tried for the 2nd night in a row and it just fails at verification saying "iOS 6.1.3 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet".

I'm on wifi and have Internet connectivity so I don't understand the problem. All other iOS updates have worked fine. I'm using an iPhone 4S on EE
    Try closing all the background apps and the doing a soft reset (hold down power and menu until Apple logo appears). Then try again.
    This often fixes that problem.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the Bluetooth issue? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking. It connects to my car and lets me control music through the steering wheel controls without a problem.

honestly luck you. since this year i have not been able to connect to my nexus 7, on the forum, people have been complaining that since ios 6, they are unable to connect to their cars or their headphones.

the issue is i cannot connect to my nexus 7, my nexus can find it, but the iphone cannot find the nexus. Yes the nexus is in discover able mode. And when the nexus finds the iPhone, i am able to pair it but when i connect, it wont connect