Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frailfury wrote: »
    The voiceover is Ray Liotta, I'm pretty sure, and he played Tommy the main character in Vice City.

Think that the voice over is Charlie Hunnam, the guy who plays Jax Teller in Sons Of Anarchy
  • The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://grandtheftautov5.blogspot.com/2011/11/gta-v-leaked-release-form-from-gamestop.html - 18th of March, if it's correct.

i cant really see that happening though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://grandtheftautov5.blogspot.com/2011/11/gta-v-leaked-release-form-from-gamestop.html - 18th of March, if it's correct.

i cant really see that happening though

Well since one of the games listed for an Aug '11 release still hasn't been released, I think this info is either fake or grossly inaccurate and therefore, shouldn't be trusted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcania:_Gothic_4
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    I wonder where the game will go after its second trip to LA- surely it can't go back to New York again! I guess Miami would be worth another trip, but it would be nice to see somewhere completely new.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    I wonder where the game will go after its second trip to LA- surely it can't go back to New York again! I guess Miami would be worth another trip, but it would be nice to see somewhere completely new.

Vegas would be a good idea, or maybe Miami.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Personally I found the area's between Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas a chore, and hated having to drive all that way to get to the other city (yes I know you could fly or take the train) everyone likes different things about games I suppose.

That's one of the things I loved about San Andreas, driving through the countryside listening to K-Rose or the desert listening to K-DST.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Launch Fan wrote: »
    April, 2013? FFS, better not be!

Sounds about right to me.
    Forum Member
    I was expecting a late 2012 release.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,306
    Forum Member
    Alfie2008 wrote: »
    I was expecting a late 2012 release.
    Although Rockstar Games has not yet officially confirmed when the game will arrive, a product listing on Walmart’s website offers up a retail release date of June 1, 2012—the E3 Expo will be held in Los Angeles between June 5 and June 7.
    http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/201146/7854/Yet-more-rumors-and-leaks-surrounding-GTA-V

I hope this turns out to be true.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got any ideas when we may learn more about this game!?:confused:

Im suprised we havent heard more than we have so far, I would of thought they would have drip-fed us information week by week since the release of the trailer....:(

Come on R* :D
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas when we may learn more about this game!?:confused:

Im suprised we havent heard more than we have so far, I would of thought they would have drip-fed us information week by week since the release of the trailer....:(

Come on R* :D

Its R* following there normal style they will show a trailer early next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far into development of the game be by now? Like will the story already have been completed do you reckon?

/nerd
    Forum Member
    Froggy88 wrote: »
    How far into development of the game be by now? Like will the story already have been completed do you reckon?

/nerd

No one knows. All that is known is what was in trailer.
  • IRKarlIRKarl Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I preferred Saints row the turd to GTA 4 only because it had a female customisation offer. Its something that I take for granted now but Rockstars poor at. Its a shame they couldn't go for a female lead for a change.
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All very quiet. I thought the hype may have continued to build but it's just gone totally dark.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    What did you really expect? this is R* and a new GTA Game we're talking about.

I'd rather they just announced the game closer to release than go through the usual horrible build up, it's what leads to the ridiculous levels of hype and resulting disappointment. No doubt it'll be announced soon that in a couple of months we'll be treated to a 10 second clip of heavily edited footage (with it's own countdown timer no less)... woohoo can't wait..got my popcorn on standby and everything.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought we'll see much more until E3, and that's in June.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you really expect? this is R* and a new GTA Game we're talking about.

I'd rather they just announced the game closer to release than go through the usual horrible build up, it's what leads to the ridiculous levels of hype and resulting disappointment. No doubt it'll be announced soon that in a couple of months we'll be treated to a 10 second clip of heavily edited footage (with it's own countdown timer no less)... woohoo can't wait..got my popcorn on standby and everything.

I think the timing was significant in that it was so close to the release of Saints Row 3.

SR will likely never be the commercial juggernaut that GTA is, but it does lay claim to some of it's territory. By releasing the trailer before the release of SR3, Rockstar just gave reviewers that little bit of leeway for the immortal line: "It's good, but is it worth full price? No. Wait on GTA V."

For what it's worth, I'm thinking a 2012 release is certainly on the cards. It won't be in summer though, which is a gaming deadzone, but most likely in November.
    Forum Member
    It would be amazing to get gta 5 this year, Just don't see it happening. RS seem to follow this strategy of only releasing 1 game per year. They also love building massive massive hype.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I can confirm that for the next 3 Months, Rockstar are going to go heavy on Max Payne 3 (well it is out March), coming with a new trailer soon.

There's still some GTA Anniversary stuff left to break the gap up such as the winners of the numbered GTA III 10th Anniversary Posters and the second Q&A regarding GTA III and it's History.
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I can confirm that for the next 3 Months, Rockstar are going to go heavy on Max Payne 3 (well it is out March), coming with a new trailer soon.

There's still some GTA Anniversary stuff left to break the gap up such as the winners of the numbered GTA III 10th Anniversary Posters and the second Q&A regarding GTA III and it's History.

What is your bet on release ash ?
    Forum Member
    What was the gap between the announcement that GTA IV was in production to the formal announcment of it's release date?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a good session on GTA: San Andreas today and whilst playing, I looked up to see the Kinect smiling back at me.....and it got me thinking...

Could GTA V somehow utilise things like Playstation Move and Kinect?

I'm not sure it will, given that the technologies mentioned are quite different.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Could GTA V somehow utilise things like Playstation Move and Kinect?

Imagine the outrage from parents if their little darlings (who of course shouldn't be playing GTA) could act out punching and stabbing people etc.
This discussion has been closed.